SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

How Many Passing on Dallas/NYG?

Am I in the minority? As much as I'd like to crank out a bet on Dallas, because I think overall they have favorable match ups and probably do hang a bunch of points. I just can't do it.

The two best teams in the NFC. Playing in the Meadlowlands, Giants off a bye. This could come down to the wire, and it may not if that Giant pass rush can make the bad Romo show up.

So, I'm just passing. Lame I know, will make a great game to watch. I just feel there are better bets to lose money on.

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I'm passing against the spread, though I'm going to keep an eye on the ML for the Gmen.

I have the gmen +9 in a 6 team teaser.

mgcolby
    mgcolby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

I like the Gmen here but their history from the past couple of seasons scares me.

Can they finally get over the hump? Will Manning not sh!t himself in a big game? Will the pass rush get to Romo? Will Jacobs/Ward be able to move the ball enough to open the passing game? Will the good Schockey show up and abuse the pitiful pass coverage of Williams?

Things that make me like the Gmen is that they fought through a lot of injuries in that first game with Dallas and have been playing well, with the exception of the game played on the ice skating rink a couple of weeks ago. They are coming off of a bye and this is the 2nd road game in as many weeks for the Cowboys.

Bottom line, IMO is if the pass rush shows up, Manning plays solid, not great (20 for 35, 250 yards and 2 TD's) and Schockey doesn't get a case of the drops the Giants will win.

Will that happen? I don't know!

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by mgcolby View Post
    Bottom line, IMO is if the pass rush shows up, Manning plays solid, not great (20 for 35, 250 yards and 2 TD's) and Schockey doesn't get a case of the drops the Giants will win.
    That's exactly what I think. I think the Giant's front 4 is good enough to change the game....though if Eli can't protect the ball and do what he needs to do, it probably doesn't matter what the defense does.

mgcolby
    mgcolby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Quote Originally Posted by laxdjock View Post
    That's exactly what I think. I think the Giant's front 4 is good enough to change the game....though if Eli can't protect the ball and do what he needs to do, it probably doesn't matter what the defense does.
    Excellent point. I agree Eli is the single biggest factor in this game...unless Romo goes color blind again.

roasthawg
    roasthawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like dallas by two tds here, the giants win because of their pass rush but making plays against a good pass rush is romo's strength...bad matchup for the giants.

zootiehead
    zootiehead's Avatar Become A Pro!

How do you not take the Giants?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

I am sure there will be a lot of passing in this game.

Yes, I am passing on it.

prop
    prop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2002

I guess I'm to degenerate to lay off a big game. Took me a while to decide on this game but end up taking:

Cowboys +7.5 -285

Took me a lot of playing around with creating synthetic teasers to get it from -313 down to -285. I'll be pissed if it comes up better on Greek or Pinnacle when they open the alternate lines up, because It would of sure been easier to just make one bet.

Skankdog
    Skankdog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great Call passing on this one. I will go for a push anyday over a loss!LOL

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.

I was "_" close to doing the ML, but I decided on NYG +1.5 1st Half. DAL starts slow, and I think NYG will come out and establish the run, maybe toss one deep to Plexico. I think +1.5 is a gimme for a series that is historically close.

jrcaces
    jrcaces's Avatar Become A Pro!

I got Dallas -1.5 Betting them big

stump
    stump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

I'm not betting this game. If I had to make a pick i'd pick NYG, but not strong enough to lay money on it

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I'm not touching this one.. Game will probably be decided in the last 2 mins of the game.

moneyplays
    moneyplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

I see dallas winning this game. I'm staying away from it too.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    Game will probably be decided in the last 2 mins of the game.
    I see it the same way. That's why I'd take the dog, the Giants.

Maybe tease it and get the Giants +7 1/2. Tease it with Detroit getting Detroit +7 1/2 also. I love that teaser.

joeydeeds
    joeydeeds's Avatar Become A Pro!

Statistically, if everyone shows up, Dallas wins.

But, when the line is what it is, Vegas is telling you the games a tossup even in their eyes. And with the majority of the public on Dallas, the gun in my mouth play is the Giants.

So, it's a no play.