beaneaters
    beaneaters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2031

Beaneaters Week 9 (30-21 ATS this year)

Hey guys, just a small-time bettor who recently caught on to your website, and I have enjoyed reading your postings. Thought I'd jump into the pool myself. Last couple weeks have bumped up my record, hope the luck continues.

Three units

Detroit -3 over Denver. Not a believer in the Broncos, with all three wins courtesy last-play field goals. Plus, they are 3-4 despite playing five of their first seven at home. Give me a confident Detroit team, now with a more balanced offence, at home.

Two units

Washington -3.5 over NY Jets. The Jets constantly burn me, but I'm also a big believer in teams that have been blown out the previous week. Washington certainly qualifies. I just dug this note up . . . of the eight teams New England has beaten this season, their record the following week is 5-1 ATS (one went on a bye). Only loss was San Diego the following week in Green Bay.

Pittsburgh -9 over Baltimore. Still subscribing to the embarrassment theory. Baltimore outscored Pittsburgh 58-7 last season, including 31-7 in Pittsburgh when the Steelers were 5-point favourites. I think that leaves a bitter taste. Pittsburgh should score just enough to cover, as Baltimore doesn't have the offence to match the league's top-ranked defence.

San Diego -7 over Minnesota. A little worried, but the Chargers should be able to cover against the offensively-challenged Vikings.

Oakland -3 over Houston. My shakiest two unit pick. Committed early in the week, but not as confident as I was earlier. However, three of Oaklands five losses have been by four points or less, so hoping home field allows them to cover.

One unit plays

KC -2.5 over Green Bay. Don't like Green Bay travel sked, and KC is off the bye week.

Atlanta -3.5 over San Fran. Again a bye week for the Falcons, but also counting on a gimpy Frank Gore. 49ers have lost five straight and have shown nothing the past two weeks.

Dallas -3 over Philadelphia. Another early week commitment that has me uneasy, but as a believer in the bye week, still hold out hope.

New Orleans -3.5 over Jacksonville. Riding the momentum train, and the fact the Saints are 10th in rushing defence. That's all the Jaguars seem to have to offer.

I'm only 11-15 on over-unders this year, so be warned:

One unit

Arizona/TBay over 38. Arizona is off a bye, their three road losses have been by three points or less, and they've held just one team under 20 points this season. I see both teams topping 20.

MoneyLine bets have me at 5-4 this season. While I think NE likely wins, I have to take a value-bet stab at Indianapolis at +205. As if I needed another reason to watch the game.

Best of luck to all of you. Hope it hasn't been too terribly boring.

Bean

P.S. -- I've been especially grateful to those who offer insight into the college football games. I've never followed college ball, but am enjoying it now, even though I haven't produced many winning weekends. I have to do a better job of trusting your judgement.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

I am with you on the Chiefs and Saints. Lets cash them.

Good luck with all your plays.