bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jeff George is making another comeback

If Vinny can why not Jeffy

Jeff George seeks comeback with Minnesota Vikings

Want a blast from the past? Quarterback Jeff George hopes the Vikings give him a chance to repeat his performance in 1999, when he led the team to an 8-2 finish and a victory over the Dallas Cowboys in the playoffs.

Around lunchtime Monday, George contacted Paul Allen, the radio voice of the Vikings and the co-host of a morning show on KFAN-AM, to see if Allen could gauge the team's interest.

George told the Pioneer Press on Monday afternoon that he is intrigued by the potential of the Vikings' offense, as well as a chance to work with second-year quarterback Tarvaris Jackson.

"I know they're banged up," said George, 39. "But with a running back like Adrian Peterson, I would be licking my chops. With that running back, you need someone who can throw that deep ball, and I know I still can. I don't care about the talent at receiver."

George, who spent a week with the Oakland Raiders last season, hasn't thrown a pass in a regular season NFL game since 2001, when he started two games for the Washington Redskins.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9462

Ca't believe he's only 39. If he wasn't such a jerk, he'd still be in the league.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

what? the guy did have a cannon of an arm, but was a jerk.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Jeff George

I live in Indy and Jeff George in on the radio here all the time. He does alot of charity and freely admits he was too cocky and immature as a younger man. Look at the sh*t alot of these NFL players pull and they're still in the game? Bottom line is...the guy atleast had talent and I'm sure he can still throw better than alot of these sad sacks like Harrington, Pennington, etc. I laughed the other night when Harrington was trying to throw a hail mary vs. the Giants and got a running start to the 50 and the ball barely made the 10 yd. line. Jeff George has a natural quick release as well which doesn't require as much protection. There's 32 teams which makes 64 QBs for 1st/2nd string and I GUARANTEE you that there isn't 50 guys better than him on that list!

Thomasha7
    Thomasha7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well they might as well give him a try. I can't see it hurting them at this point. Favre did it last night at 38.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

I heard today he is lobbying to be the Vikings QB. Said he don't care what wide receivers they have there, he would like to play with Adrian Peterson.