bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm I the only one that sees value in this one?

Hard to believe the defending superbowl champion Colts are that big a dog at home. I still can't believe the New England Patriots are -5 on the road in this matchup.

Don't you almost have to take the Colts +5 at "home" in this spot?

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

It isn't my favorite situation, but I've made my bed with New England this week already and I'm going to lay in it.

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

This is exactly what happen with Dallas too and I believe the same logic applies... Two NFL unbeaten' teams and the road team is the favorite.. Not by just 3 either...

Vegas is not in the business of giving away free money...

To be a road favorite to Dallas is one thing but to Manning in his own hizzy..????

N.E. covers...

r2d2
    r2d2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

the pats are constructing new woodsheds every week (ask the skins how the no vaseline felt). they have got more hammers, nails, and woods than anyone else. i wouldn't bet agaisnt the mofo;s (even ATS) if my life depended on it. I am actually looking for an Alternative line of pats -14 if anyone is offering, i will take it at plus money with you. mission doesn't even come close to what these guys are on.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by r2d2 View Post
    the pats are constructing new woodsheds every week (ask the skins how the no vaseline felt).

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

threw a handful of sand in there too

mgcolby
    mgcolby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

I think you would be nuts to bet against NE this year. If you jump on the free money band wagon now you will come out waaayyy ahead by year's end. Just my 0.02

Skankdog
    Skankdog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great Value, I will take the Patriots -5 for sure!

icemantbi
    icemantbi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

I'm waiting a bit to watch the line movements and see where it falls. -6 and under is a play on the Pats for me, possibly take them at -7. Anything above that and I'll probably play on the colts. Can't see NE win by more than a TD in Indy.

Redchevy
    Redchevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5697

I buried NE -5 today for 4K, I think this game will be a COMPLETE STOMPING, Manning at home, WHATEVER! This team was put together for 1 reason, to answer last years playoff loss. This is where Belichick reaps his rewards and gets home field for the playoffs. Indy has plenty of experience with NE, but NOT THIS NE TEAM! Indy will not win a shoot out by any stretch of the imagination. NE will roll by DD's. BOL to all!!

sirwinzalot
    sirwinzalot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I am On the Colts

I am the only one around that thinks the Colts are still the better team. Colts have a better running game and I think their defense is better. I probably should have waited for the NE steam, but I took Indy +4.5. I think people are wrong when they compare this to Dallas. Dallas can't hold a candle to Indy. Give me the Colts, and I am sure the Colts are feeling disrespected here. Colts have played the tougher schedule, and who cares about blowing teams out, it matters just about getting Ws.

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

No way the Colts are better....they have shown weakness. The Pats are going to chew them up, and spit them out. I very much dislike the Pats, but I'm going to ride the train to $$. The Colts have no defensive answer for them, and I think the PATS are good enough to hang with Indy's offense.

Redchevy

Quote Originally Posted by sirwinzalot View Post
    I am the only one around that thinks the Colts are still the better team. Colts have a better running game and I think their defense is better. I probably should have waited for the NE steam, but I took Indy +4.5. I think people are wrong when they compare this to Dallas. Dallas can't hold a candle to Indy. Give me the Colts, and I am sure the Colts are feeling disrespected here. Colts have played the tougher schedule, and who cares about blowing teams out, it matters just about getting Ws.
    Hope you kept it small, Brady's going to tear that secondary apart, and Peyton won't be able to match it on the other side. BOL

mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well if you like the Colts, a ML play would be the way i'd go.

azgrande18
    azgrande18's Avatar Become A Pro!

Should be a great game. I will take the Pats. -5.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Line opened at 4 and is creeping up. If you like Colts, wait.

I don't see any value yet. If the game is close at halftime (and Pats backers are hedging their bets) that could change.

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

If line goes to NE -7 I will take the colts.. I think the best bet in this game is the OVER. This game should easily go over 56.

greek
    greek's Avatar Become A Pro!

money will be on pats goin up , to them and vegas they dont have to cover or win , just like boxing we are looking at a rematch , honestly i dont like how favre all of a sudden with an easy schedule and no running game they keep winning, if favre beats dallas and nfc whoever they will beat brady in the super bowl before he retires , just a thought gl greek

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

rest easy champ

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    It isn't my favorite situation, but I've made my bed with New England this week already and I'm going to lay in it.
    hey crazy, when you're laying in bed watching the game and vrabel lines up on offense in the red zone- don't forget to clean up the mess with a towel or your old lady will kick 3 shades of shit out of you! at least buy her something nice when you cash.

mgcolby
    mgcolby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Quote Originally Posted by greek View Post
    money will be on pats goin up , to them and vegas they dont have to cover or win , just like boxing we are looking at a rematch , honestly i dont like how favre all of a sudden with an easy schedule and no running game they keep winning, if favre beats dallas and nfc whoever they will beat brady in the super bowl before he retires , just a thought gl greek
    Their isn't one team in the NFC that would beat New England or Indy in the SB. The only team with enough talent to make it to the SuperBowl in the AFC and possibly lose to the NFC representitive is San Diego because they have the maturity level of a two year old.

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

damn...my book is already NE -6.5 I'm staying away from this game now.

icsky3
    I'm always broke.
    icsky3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

lol colts ML. huge watch n see fellas. i think everyone is givin NE wayyyy to much credit. granted BOTH these teams are different from last year buuuut AFC champ.??? hm. annnd where was that game played? hm.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by icsky3 View Post
    lol colts ML. huge watch n see fellas. i think everyone is givin NE wayyyy to much credit. granted BOTH these teams are different from last year buuuut AFC champ.??? hm. annnd where was that game played? hm.
    Too much credit ??

Show me a team that has done what they have done thru any 8 games of a season.

icsky3
    I'm always broke.
    icsky3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

who have they played besides dallas?? and the fact that there showing no class, which i have no problem with, of course the scores will look like they have... =) colts.

maritime
    maritime's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by icsky3 View Post
    who have they played besides dallas?? and the fact that there showing no class, which i have no problem with, of course the scores will look like they have... =) colts.
    Please comment on which teams in the NFL they could have played thus far and you wouldn't have said this. Realistically, there is only 1, the Colts, and the Pats will take care of that this weekend. Let's face it, there's the Pats & Colts, and then the rest of the league. P.S. I had this avatar first.

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

I have simply been unimpressed by the Colts this year. They have shown nothing that makes me believe they are at the same level as the Pats. I think too often people get caught up with what a teams record is. Sure, they're 7-0. But what have they shown on the field? Their opponents and the scores they've beat them by look very good, but to me they don't seem to be entirely in sync. Offensively, they have not put together a full 60 minutes of football in any game. Manning has looked mediocre at best under pressure, and they've been extremely vulnerable when Ugoh has been out. Needing to keep a TE or RB to cover the other teams RE holds them back.

Defensively, they do look better than last year. But, for all those who think that they'll be able to "slow down" the pats and make them grind out drives... thats what Pats opponents have been trying to do all year. Hold them to 5-10 yard passes all you want, but they're still moving the ball and still converting a ton of 3rd downs. Welker is going to absolutely dismantle that cover 2(though I doubt they'll stay in cover-2 as much as people think they will, mainly because they simply don't always use cover-2 as people sometimes assume).

Anyways, throw all that into the fact that the Pats are playing at such a ridiculously high level, and the fact that you know they will be absolutely 100% focused and ready for this game... and I don't see how the Colts compete.

Pats by 2 touchdowns IMO.

Ksmynutz
    Ksmynutz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Everyone keeps talking about the Pat. not having a running game, do you really need one when you can score though the AIR? They do have a running game, if you look at their last 8 games, they have ran away from everybody they played with their scoring though the air.Washington wished the Pat had a running game, that way the score wouldn't been so bad for them.LOL

"Why Run When You Can Fly"
    Last edited by Ksmynutz; 10-30-07 at 12:43 AM.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I agree, BBD. Take Indy +5.

The most convincing arguement I can make is by simply quoting the standard of giving the home team a 3 point edge. If this game was at NE, the line would be NE -11?!?! If this doesn't sound insane, then you must be fully on the Patriots bandwagon. I'm totally on the 2007 Patriots being the best team the NFL has ever seen. But even so, spotting 5 points to Indy in Indy is pretty crazy.

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

glad i got in on the pats early at -4.5

Redchevy

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I agree, BBD. Take Indy +5.

The most convincing arguement I can make is by simply quoting the standard of giving the home team a 3 point edge. If this game was at NE, the line would be NE -11?!?! If this doesn't sound insane, then you must be fully on the Patriots bandwagon. I'm totally on the 2007 Patriots being the best team the NFL has ever seen. But even so, spotting 5 points to Indy in Indy is pretty crazy.
    NE's going to slaughter this team, it will be a blood bath!!! Coun't on it!!! NE will roll by DD's never mind +5!!! I wouldn't take Indy +15!!

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Redchevy View Post
    NE's going to slaughter this team, it will be a blood bath!!! Coun't on it!!! NE will roll by DD's never mind +5!!! I wouldn't take Indy +15!!
    I appreciate your conviction, but let's not get ridiculous. I will be happy with a cover, not going to delude myself into thinking they are going to outright embarrass the Colts like they did the Redskins.

Redchevy

They just might!!!

SBR Lou

Well I certainly would enjoy that.

Thomasha7
    Thomasha7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by azgrande18 View Post
    Should be a great game. I will take the Pats. -5.
    I'll be checking to see if you really do take the Pats.

louis
    louis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 431

Pats scoring a lot more points per game

Pats and Indy both gain about the same number of yards per game. They also both allow about the same number of yards per game. But the Patriots score a lot more points per game, and allow a lot less points per gain.

The question is are the Patriots just lucky that they can complete drives without turnovers?

The Washington blowout was the result of Washington taking a lot of risk, throwing into coverage, etc. etc., because this is the only way they figured they could win. The risk did not work out for them. But as you watched New England go through that Washington defense like a knife going through butter, you couldn't help think maybe the line of -16 wasn't big enough, especially for a team like New England that doesn't have any interest in turning conservative in the second half to preserve a lead.

Indy is the second best team in the league. The league is suppose to offer parity, but I can remember a lot of superbowls that turned into blowouts.

My gut feeling is this is just going to be another New England blow out, but I will wait to bet New England in the second half after they have covered the spread in the first.

12 Last