Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Colts/patriots Big Picture

With the Steelers picking up loss #2 that helps Indy in the race for the 2nd seed in the AFC. Even if Jacksonville wins at home tomorrow night...the Colts still just have to hold serve at home to win the division! I'm a Indy resident and a huge Colts fan but I still have to pencil the Pats in for the #1 seed! Even if the Colts beat them here in a few weeks...our division is just too tough and we have to go to San Diego in the following week. Who knows who will stay injury-free but if it comes down to the Colts/Pats again for the AFC Championship then I would rather play them in Foxboro! With all the weapons at Brady's disposal...I want the same cold and crappy field that the Colts had to deal with in previous years! The roles are a little reversed in that we run the ball and they're the high powered passing team now. Bob Sanders is the key IMO...if he is healthy we have a shot and if not then forget it. A leopard doesn't change his spots and I want to see how Moss reacts if/when Sanders launches himself into him like a missile. Adelius Thomas is the key to the Pats D...without him then you have the same aging defense that Peyton torched for 32 second half points last year!

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

MH,

Glad I have a fellow Colts backer on the forum! I live in the Indy area as well and have been a Colts fan my entire life. I worked for the team all 4 years in high school and got to know a lot of the players real well... About the matchup with the Pats in a few weeks, I really think that the Colts will that game! Honestly, we played our best game of the year 2 weeks ago against Tampa Bay and I think we will keep it rollin tomorrow night in JVille... It kinda makes me sick that Brady is gonna break P's TD record, but if we somehow beat those assholes in the AFC Title game then I won't really care about the record and I don't think Manning will either... Honestly think that we will come strong tomorrow night against the Jags... They will bring their all out ground attack at us! The difference tomorrow night will be shown in the Colts ability to tackle the ball carrier this year... The major upgrade to the Colts defense is at linebacker this year... Even with Rob Morris out for the season, Freddy Keiaho, Gary Brackett, and our NEW STARTER for tomorrow night, Tyjuan Hagler... These 3 get to the ball and bring down the RB so much better than any other Colts team I can ever remember! Not to mention, Bob and Antoine Bethea comin up to lay the wood from the secondary... It is even amazing how good our DB's tackle this year... Marlin Jackson had always played safety, tackles well, and Kelvin Hayden, even though undersized, also tackles very well! The Jags will have their spots where they work the ball down the field on us, but I honestly don't think it will be enough to keep up! The Jaguars D has not faced any offense that is worth 2 shvts this season, so they will get the real test tomorrow night...

I still truly believe that the Colts will be 7-0 and the Patriots will be 8-0 on November 4th! I probably have to agree that even if we win that game, they will probably still get homefield advantage... We have seen over the last few years that our Colts can get off to hott starts... 8-0, 9-0, 10-0 even possible this season... However, usually each year the injuries mount towards game 12 or 13 and we become ineffective atleast defensively... If the Colts can stay healthy than I truly believe that we can get homefield advantage... The Patriots will lose 1 or 2 along the way, IMO... At the end of the season I think the Pats and Colts will both be right @ 14-2 or so...

Let's Go Horse!