slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Cowboys will torch the Vikings.

Just a quick heads up to my fellow cappers to hammer Cowboys -8 1/2 like I just did. The matchups favor the Cowboys. The Vikings are clearly an inferior team.

I'd put this line closer to -13 1/2. I guess the Pats beating up on the Cowboys made everyone forget that the Cowboys are the class of the NFC. Maybe the Vikings eeking out a win against a hobbled Bears team made everyone forget that t he Vikings are not a very good team.

Kudos to Adrian Peterson, Kudos to the Vikings run D, but that's not a complete team. Romo will torch the Vikings secondary. Roy Williams will be down & sitting in the box all day waiting for Adrian. The Vikings don't have enough talent at WR or QB to throw the Cowboys out of "8 in the box". Cowboys will score at will on the arm of Romo, Vikings will struggle to get a few points on the board. Prediction: Cowboys 31, Vikings 13.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

I am a huge Cowboys fan as most know on this forum but our defense is very bad and I am still having nightmares of the Patriots game. I would not be suprised if Adrian Peterson torched the Cowboys on Sunday. GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!

Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19551

Don't you think the Vikings can keep it close by running 30-40 times?

MJFtheGenius

Adrian peterson will not be able to run on the Cowboys D, but he could be very effective in the passing game.

Ksmynutz
    Ksmynutz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree, Pound them hard as I'm from Minnesota, and I always bet against them except for last week against the bears. Vikqueens just plain out sucks.

The Dallas Cowboys were brought back down to earth last week vs. the New England Patriots, as the Pats continued their destruction of anything in their path. Wow is all we can say. Dallas reacted well to the loss. They had their shot against New England as they took the Pat's best punches for a while and even had a 4-point lead. But in the end, Brady was just too perfect. We were on Minnesota last week and they performed as we expected, riding a big game turned in by Adian Peterson to get past the Bears. We liked the Vikes because of Peterson last week but this week he'll be on of the reasons we fade them. The Vikings are completely reliant on Peterson, and against some of the weaker defenses, he has produced big plays. Minnesota has faced Atlanta's #24 ranked defense,Detroit's #29, and the Bears #27. They were able to find the endzone in those games. But, when they faced a Green Bay defense ranked #13, they didn't find the endzone until they were down 23-9 with 1:55 left. Against the Chiefs #10 ranked defense they managed to find it on their first drive, but were shutout the rest of the game. The fact is, Minnesota has topped 20 points on the road in just 3 of their last 11 games. Tavaris Jackson is completing just 49% of his passes, with two TDs compared to five INTs. Dallas is going to key on Peterson with their #6 ranked rushing defense, and force Jackson into the air. The Cowboy secondary has already picked off 10 passes (most in the league). Minnesota is the worst team in the league at stopping the pass, and Romo is going to pick that defense apart. Dallas has a bad taste in its mouth after last week. They lost no confidence and will be out to prove that they are still a great team. With a bye upcoming next week, they will leave it all on the field in this one. Dallas was also 6-1 ATS after a loss last season. We must also point out that the Viking secondary made Greise look like a Pro Bowl QB last week, and with an offensive line that has allowed just over one sack per game, there won't be enough pressure to stop Romo. Cowboys roll at home.
    Last edited by Ksmynutz; 10-19-07 at 07:38 PM.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14497

I was kinda leaning Minnesota here, but no play yet. I think I'll wait to see if I can get good juice on buying to 10, or if it should go to ten, buying to 10.5 . . .

jonmic
    jonmic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9062

I like the cowboys this week, but i don't know if they'll cover the spread

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Any given Sunday.

Dallas will score in the 30s right?

Likes_to_win
    Likes_to_win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

What I noticed about the Chicago-Minnesota game was that almost every touchdown was 40+ yards. The Vikings defense isn't anything special. And chances are Peterson rushes for less than 200 yards and 3 td's on Sunday. I think the Cowboyz come out and score 2 td's, and the Vikings fail to play catch up. I like the Cowboys to cover.

imgv94

Peterson ran for over 200yds and the Vikings barely won the game.. hmm.

Back to back on the road too. Cowboys probably will kill now that I think about it.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    Peterson ran for over 200yds and the Vikings barely won the game.. hmm.

Back to back on the road too. Cowboys probably will kill now that I think about it.
    The Bears had a couple 80+ touchdown plays. So it shouldn't of been that close.

If the Vikings can keep the Cowboys passing game in check, then they have a shot at this game. But I don't think they will.

I am not touching this game.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Skidcom View Post
    Don't you think the Vikings can keep it close by running 30-40 times?
    Absolutely, NO!

The Cowboys aren't a defensive juggernaut, but they are the best run defense the Vikings have seen yet this year. Don't look at the Chicago D as if it's the same defense as last year, it isn't.

Even more, it's very possible that the Cowboys get up 14-0 early. Then what? How long are the Vikings really going to stick with the run game if the the Cowboys start building a big lead?

Plus, all of the matchups favor Dallas. Minnesota's strength is the run D, but Dallas is perfectly happy virtually abandoning the run. Minnesota's main weapon is Adrian Peterson, but Dallas is perfectly capable of stacking the box and forcing them to throw out of it, which is extremely doubtful, IMHO.

Hammer Dallas, friends, it's the easiest money this weekend.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I passed here, but I would love to see Adrian Peterson have another huge game just because I think he's amazing.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vikes +10, when available, is the way I'll be playing this.

greek
    greek's Avatar Become A Pro!

better not lose this game M.outh J.ust F.lappingenius

or iam gonna be all over you like , you are on my thread when i lose [QUOTE=MJFtheGenius;383907]I am a huge Cowboys fan as most know on this forum but our defense is very bad and I am still having nightmares of the Patriots game. I would not be suprised if Adrian Peterson torched the Cowboys on Sunday. go sissy genius go

Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19551

Trying to remember if Meher Baba approves of gambling. Either way I am with you on Minny..........took them in the contest as well. I am nervous about the emotional bounce back from the Cowboys but their slow starts will likely hurt any emotional push they may have...so maybe those factors cancel each other. Vikings better take a first half lead though

imgv94

Congrats slacker, always like to see you win.

MJFtheGenius

Greek how old are you?