justdoingit
    justdoingit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Leftwich to start for ATL

Do you think this actually effects this game or do you think that N.O. already has it in the bag. I think if the line goes to ATL +10 i might be on it even though NFC South is so bad this year they play each other tough

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Leftwich is a bit more accurate passer, but he has no mobility. He will be a sitting duck this week in the pocket.

As far as NO having this in the bag, remember they only have one win this season. They have a ton of issues on their side of the ball as well. This is an ugly game that I will be passing on.

justdoingit

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    Leftwich is a bit more accurate passer, but he has no mobility. He will be a sitting duck this week in the pocket.

As far as NO having this in the bag, remember they only have one win this season. They have a ton of issues on their side of the ball as well. This is an ugly game that I will be passing on.
    i do agree on staying away it just must really hurt ATL fans to watch Mike Brick back there gettin sacked all the time

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's about time that they made this change. Harrington is just terrible!

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    It's about time that they made this change. Harrington is just terrible!
    Dan,
    I'm not sure it will make much difference.

Harrington's numbers aren't half bad considering how bad the Falcons are.

Leftwitch is more accurate. But he has a long throwing motion and is in the picture dictionary of "immoble".

Now, maybe the Falcons will "play" for Leftwitch harder than they played for Joey, but at the end of the day, I don't think it will make a hill of beans worth of difference.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Being from Atlanta I can tell you one thing. Jump on the -8.5 for NO before it's too late. Leftwich is horrible. He will be sacked a lot and his timing is terrible. This move has nothing to do with the way Harrington has played. They are trying to save GM's job. The problem with Atlanta is the receivers and it is known around the league. They can't catch anything and they are not fast enough to get open. It was a problem last year with Vick, it is a problem now with Harrington and it will be a problem this week with Leftwich. I expect the line to move in NO's favor by game's start.

justdoingit

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Being from Atlanta I can tell you one thing. Jump on the -8.5 for NO before it's too late. Leftwich is horrible. He will be sacked a lot and his timing is terrible. This move has nothing to do with the way Harrington has played. They are trying to save GM's job. The problem with Atlanta is the receivers and it is known around the league. They can't catch anything and they are not fast enough to get open. It was a problem last year with Vick, it is a problem now with Harrington and it will be a problem this week with Leftwich. I expect the line to move in NO's favor by game's start.
    i agree though how do we know that NO is that good now? just a week ago everyone was ready to stick a fork in them

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by justdoingit View Post
    i agree though how do we know that NO is that good now? just a week ago everyone was ready to stick a fork in them
    Look at the record of Falcons against Saints.

Thomasha7
    Thomasha7's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know with the win that NO got on the road in one of the loudest stadiums in Seattle, I feel they may have turned a corner. A small corner, but I feel that they can take the falcons. Well see I guess. I may not touchthis game as well, but I also just might as we get closer to the weekend.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Atlanta's got nobody but themselves to blame for this mess. They clearly had no idea about how deep Mike Vick was into the dogfighting thing. And then they traded away a very good back up QB to the Texans.

And the reality is they're not a player or two away from being good. Their entire offensive line is a patch-work of rookies, undrafted free agents, and others off the trash heap nobody else wanted.

I bet every morning Jim Mora, Jr. wakes up he thanks his lucky stars he's not running that insane assylum any more!!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Not sure if it will matter or not, but I do know, I will not be betting on this game.

Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19551

So who is going to give touchdown Joey another chance? He's gotta be done

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

Atlanta is garbage with joey or leftwich. They need to start looking ahead to the draft. They will have a top 5 draft pick.