whitesoxrock33
    whitesoxrock33's Avatar Become A Pro!

49ers will play giants tough

take niners with the points this week. Giants will have tough time getting up of this game at home- classic trap game. Their minds are already on showcasing themselves in london next week. Niner defense is solid and this will be a low scoring game, and if frank gore gets going niners will win the game outright. plus niners always play ginats tough.
    pick 49ers +9.5

Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19551

Totally agree that this is let down time for the Giants

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

With Alex Smith back I think the niners have a chance to win outright. Giants always play to the level of their opponent.

ws1975
    ws1975's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1486

Take the 49ers. Eli is still not to be trusted.

walkingdude2
    walkingdude2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7986

Giants defense is getting it together. 10 points is a little too much. I would take Giants in a teaser.

Deceptive
    Deceptive's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fans ?

If you are a fan of a team dont come on the forum and make a stupid comment just to defend your team, "Giants play to the level of their opponent" "Alex smith is coming back he should help" R U KIDDING people are trying to find good plays on this forum not fans making stupid comments. Did you see the giants the last 4 weeks, they played 4 teams all at different levels of play. Have youo seen alex smith this year, if you have you would not make that statement. The Giants are a very good play @ home, especially in the first half. What stat do the niners have that favors them at all offense or defense in this game on the road. People sure can be DECEPTIVE when they most likely dont even bet

moneyplays
    moneyplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eli Manning's completion percentages in his four years as a part-timer, then full-time quarterback, for the Giants:

2004: 48.2%
    2005: 52.8%
    2006: 57.7%
    2007: 60.7%

Guys, I think the giants are the play here. I will ride the wave until I crash and burn.

bumatthebeach
    bumatthebeach's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey DECEPTIVE...Right-on Brother...you rock! On the other hand, WhitesoxYOUDON'Trock33, this is football season and if I'm not mistaken(which I never am...yeah right) the Chisox season has been over since late May. Seems as though the windy city has blown you off kilter with your prognosticating. Know what's good for you and stick with DA BEARS as both of you are very sub par players. Not that long ago(it was last week dummy) another genius went with the St.Louis GOATS as out right victors over the B-more Ravens. Turns out he got his horns caught in a knot. Do us all a favor...choke on you're own accord and please DON'T SHARE such dribble!

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

The Niner offense was struggling even before Alex went down. It's not at all clear that Alex coming back will make that all better. Give them a better chance, yes. Guarentee a cover or an outright win, not by a long shot.

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

The tone of this game will be set by the Giants' defensive line. Look for the 49ers to have several 3 and outs.

With perhaps the best pair of defensive ends in the NFL, the Giants lead in sacks (21). The 49ers' have a weak offensive line; it's probably their biggest problem. Alex Smith will be back at QB, and that will help, but he will be rusty, and his shoulder might be a little sore still. The 49ers will not pass effectively on the Giants.

Will they be able to run on the Giants? No. The 49ers' offensive line has done a terrible job there too. The 49ers are getting just 86 yards per game rushing. That's a shame, considering they have Frank Gore carrying the ball.

Here's the biggie: the 49ers have the NFL's lowest total yards per game, at 203.2. That's 23 yards per game less than the Bills. In this game, they will be facing one of the better defenses in football.

On the other hand, the Giants' offense is potent (2nd in NFC, 6th in NFL, YPG). I agree fully with moneyplays: Eli is improving steadily. And, he has an excellent wide receiver in Plaxico Burress.

Ever since, and including, that excellent win at Washington (Giants were 3.5 point dogs if I remember right), they have been 4-0 SU and ATS. The 49ers will not stop that roll.

This game shapes up to be a blowout. The 49ers are about to throw in the towel. If I bet this game -- and I probably will (I'll happily bet on a big home favorite when the fundamentals point to a blowout) -- it will be on the Giants to cover. This line has been moving a bit. People are betting on SF. I'm hoping to see the line get down under 9.
    Last edited by regularguy; 10-17-07 at 02:37 PM.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

I think San Fran can keep is close with their defense but I don't think San Fran will be able to do enough on offense to win. The only way San Fran can steal a win is if they open up on offense and catch the Giants defense sleeping and get ELi to commit a few turnovers.

This might be one of those games were the Giants might take San Fran lightly.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I agree the 49ers could give the Giants a hard time in this game because of the Giants winning big on a Monday night and they may take the 49ers lightly also, 49ers had a week off and the Giants had one day less to prepare for them spells trouble for the Giants this weekend. I will pick the 49ers this week if I was playing this one.

JoeC
    JoeC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

The 49ers will not be able to score with the giants. Eli looked good at times on monday but also threw some picks. Expect him to try and play a mistake free game this week. Hookups with Plaxico Burress down the field for huge gains and great field position will lead the giants to a blowout win. i got in tuesdAY AT giants -6

GitRDone
    GitRDone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dilfer will be starting again this week.

http://www.sf49ers.com/pressbox/news...tion=PR%20News

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for the info, GitRDone. I'm going to grab this. Maybe San Fran will surprise me. It happens. But I really don't think so here. The Giants are rolling. The 49ers are reeling.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by GitRDone View Post
    Dilfer will be starting again this week.

http://www.sf49ers.com/pressbox/news...tion=PR%20News
    Yeah, Alex didn't practice. Isn't going to be ready for Sunday. Giants playing well. Niners with Dilfer at QB. Hummmmm......

ws1975
    ws1975's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1486

Quote Originally Posted by walkingdude2 View Post
    Giants defense is getting it together. 10 points is a little too much. I would take Giants in a teaser.

agreed

Samhain
    Samhain's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the G-Men as well. They are really clicking on all cylinders now.

Eli is looking sharp and he doesn't have that scared look anymore.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14497

staying away from this one; just can't get a feel for it.