swampdog
    swampdog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hedging question...

I've already got a bet out with

NO +6
    Phila -3.5
    Minn +5.0
    NY Gia - 3.5

for $25. which pays $312.30. Since I'm willing to loose the $25, would it now be a smart play for me to bet $312 or $337 (add the 25) on the Atl +6 or even ATL ML (hoping NY doesn't win by 3 or less and screw me)?

Suggestions please?

strictlywinners
    strictlywinners's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by swampdog View Post
    I've already got a bet out with

NO +6
    Phila -3.5
    Minn +5.0
    NY Gia - 3.5

for $25. which pays $312.30. Since I'm willing to loose the $25, would it now be a smart play for me to bet $312 or $337 (add the 25) on the Atl +6 or even ATL ML (hoping NY doesn't win by 3 or less and screw me)?

Suggestions please?
    Ok right now you have 25 to win 312 right so you can do one of 2 things to guarantee yourself money. One is take atlanta with the points i dont know where your getting 6 cause mine is 4.5 but thats besides the points. You wanna take them with points for about 150. This way if giants win by more then 6 you make 312 -165=147. If Giants dont cover you make 150-25=125 and if you hit middle where giants cover 3.5 but not 6 you make 150 +312=462. Your other option would be to take falcons moneyline but then you give your self chance to lose on both if giants win by 3 or less. The right move is to put 150 on falcons with the points that way you are automatically ahead you take all the risk out of it

swampdog

I'm using sportsinteraction.com and see Falcons at +6 for -105. I'll take your advise to the bank thanks.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I would just bet to win $25 on Falcons +6, and not the $150 SW suggested. That way you have zero risk, and a chance to win big if the Giants win. Remember, there was a reason you liked the Giants to begin with, and I am not a proponent of making a big hedge against the team you think will cover.

swampdog

I ended up putting 159 on Atl +6 so if I win I get $310 which is really (310 - 159 - 25) $125 profit and if I win the parley with Gia covering -3.5 i get (312 - 25 -159) a $128 profit. So, now I don't have to watch the game wondering how much I made since I've just cashed out for the night with a total profit of at least $125 off an original $25 bet... that could have probably won me $312 or lost me $25.

Overall, I'm just pissed I had so many large parleys and was so high on Tenn beating TB and Ariz beating Car. I would have won more like $67k if they would have won and cover, respectively. I mean both qb's out for the game in the first half... shucks! I'm beginning to see the error in my large parleys... oh, and Washington screwed me too... Bret is the luckiest Mo'fo around...

Thanks for the advise and I love this site.

Later.

Tus
    Tus's Avatar Become A Pro!

U already a winner Y bother

strictlywinners
    strictlywinners's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by swampdog View Post
    I ended up putting 159 on Atl +6 so if I win I get $310 which is really (310 - 159 - 25) $125 profit and if I win the parley with Gia covering -3.5 i get (312 - 25 -159) a $128 profit. So, now I don't have to watch the game wondering how much I made since I've just cashed out for the night with a total profit of at least $125 off an original $25 bet... that could have probably won me $312 or lost me $25.

Overall, I'm just pissed I had so many large parleys and was so high on Tenn beating TB and Ariz beating Car. I would have won more like $67k if they would have won and cover, respectively. I mean both qb's out for the game in the first half... shucks! I'm beginning to see the error in my large parleys... oh, and Washington screwed me too... Bret is the luckiest Mo'fo around...

Thanks for the advise and I love this site.

Later.
    I am no really a fan of parlays but if you are you should look into reverses. They pay 4 to 1 for 2 teams the catch is if your wrong on both games then you pay 2 to 1 plus juice. They way i look at it is if you liked both teams enough to put parlay in you better have faith that you will hit atleast one out of 2