area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

Patriots -14 @ Dolphins

I'm gettin in on this one early. Miami is gonna get smoked just like dallas did today only worse.

Red Man Spit
    Red Man Spit's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was looking at the under (50').

sharktank1
    sharktank1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pats (and) the over!

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pats might score 50 all by themselves, hell Cleveland put up 41 on Miami.

area51steve

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    Pats might score 50 all by themselves, hell Cleveland put up 41 on Miami.
    lol.. Your right.. This game has the makings of a 50-3 blowout.

Teasem
    Teasem's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Pats don't let up; I'd have a hard time taking the under on a team that is averaging around 40 a game

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

It is often said most squares back New England, but when you're 6-0 ATS, you have to reconsider just who the squares are when siding with or betting against this team. It is amazing watching them play this year, eventually they won't cover though, right? I just get the feeling that, especially while they remain undefeated, they aren't done making money against the spread.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wonder what that line would have been if the game was at Foxboro?

counterfiet100
    counterfiet100's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Teasem View Post
    The Pats don't let up; I'd have a hard time taking the under on a team that is averaging around 40 a game
    IT makes you think they average 40 a game does miami score10 points?? or do they think miami steps up and plays nasty Dfense

vegas says it will be 32-18 that equals 50 points and is a 14 point game. now you have to ask your self??? SELF can miami put up 18 and hold NE to 32????

IN my opinion NO and NO

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Pats' margin of victory stats have been nearly unprecedented. In my opinion, the oddsmakers just don't see teams like this very often. I say bet them early this week, and probably next week, and ....

IMO, the best approach is to not doubt this team unless and until they give reason to -- and that might not happen.
    Last edited by regularguy; 10-15-07 at 12:34 AM.

area51steve

Looking at the patriots schedule, the only teams that have a shot at taking down the pats are the colts and steelers. Those 2 games are the only ones I would consider betting against the pats if the pats are favored.

Teasem

The bottom line is there shouldn't be any way in hell that the Dolphins can keep this game close; the Dolphins do NOT look good and the Patriots look invincible (as of now, NFL, not for long; what the league is made of).

regularguy

I agree with that, 51. Those will need a close look. By the way, check out the heavy dose of the NFC East that the Patriots still have ahead on their schedule -- Redskins, Eagles, Giants. We now have been able to measure them against the Cowboys.

But I'm getting off subject.

Take the Pats to cover in Miami. 14 is just a one-touchdown victory each half. I believe they will do that.

Illusion

Here's what I am getting from this thread. Even if the oddmakers hang NE -24 you guys would still take them? You guys are biting at any number. Does that seem logical?

shrax4
    shrax4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    Here's what I am getting from this thread. Even if the oddmakers hang NE -24 you guys would still take them? You guys are biting at any number. Does that seem logical?
    Pats are perfect ATS so far. And the fact that Miami's defense has been nothing short of disgusting this season doesn't make easy to fade the Pats. I don't think blindly fading the Patriots is a wise thing to do at all.

Let's say you had to either fade the Pats ATS or take them ATS for the rest of the season. Which would you choose?

regularguy

Hi shrax. No. You're right. There's a limit.

But the Dolphins are going to get hammered by the Pats. Twice.

The Steelers might well beat the Pats. The Colts will have a good chance of getting to them.

I think it will take an excellent defensive backfield, along with a better-than-average run defense, to slow the Pats' offense down. (See my post in the "NBC Host Collinsworth Crowns the Patriots" thread, for more of my thinking on this.) On the Pats' remaining schedule, only the Steelers and the Colts really qualify.

moneyplays
    moneyplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

No good team will beat the pats this year. I repeat no good team. It will be a sh1tty team that does it. They can't come into every game with high emotion. They get burnt out and have to come out hard for the games that matter. It happens to teams every year and the pats are no exception. Dolphins beat em next week. lol

regularguy

It's a good point MP. There will be letdowns. It could be in Miami this week.

I thank you -- and the other regulars on here -- for taking the time to talk some sense into me. I tend to be a little excitable. And I look at stats too much. Admitted.

But, here's a weird angle I have on the Pats. They were accused of cheating. The camera thing. A big deal was made of that. I believe they are pissed. Especially Bill. And, by the way, keep this in mind on December 16, when they play the Jets at home. I can't wait for that one.

I will certainly take your thoughts on this into account before I spend too much on the Pats this week. You probably will save me some cash. Thanks.

And, by the way, well done this weekend, MP.

Last edited by regularguy; 10-15-07 at 02:21 AM.

moneyplays
    moneyplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by regularguy View Post
    It's a good point MP. There will be letdowns. It could be in Miami this week.

I thank you -- and the other regulars on here -- for taking the time to talk some sense into me. I tend to be a little excitable. And I look at stats too much. Admitted.

But, here's a weird angle I have on the Pats. They were accused of cheating. The camera thing. A big deal was made of that. I believe they are pissed. Especially Bill. And, by the way, keep this in mind on December 16, when they play the Jets at home. I can't wait for that one.

I will certainly take your thoughts on this into account before I spend too much on the Pats this week. You probably will save me some cash. Thanks.

And, by the way, well done this weekend, MP.

regularguy,

Thanks, made some serious cash this weekend. One thing to remember about that december game if they secured a spot in the playoffs and home field they may not play their starters. Also, I still think there is value to play the pats every game. Over the past few years I haven't seen a team consistently beat the spread like they have. I'd just be careful and don't bet the house on it. The spygate issue is definitely a good angle and I see how Bill is taking out on teams. One strat is to bet the same amount on them every game. I do this now with them for the exception of the dallas game and the first two games of the season when the line was soft.

bradleysnyder
    bradleysnyder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

dolphins +14 is a lock.and i think they have a chance at a win..........HERE IS WHERE THE MASSES ARE ASSES AND THE PATRIOTS HAVE A BAD GAME.I WILL TAKE THE DOLPHINS AT HOME WITH 14 OR MORE.EVERYONE AND THERE MOTHER AND FATHER WILL BE ON THE PATS.........THIS IS A SMALL CASES OF "THE MASSES ARE ASSES" WAGER.IM GOING HEAVY ON THE FISH NEXT WEEK WITH THE POINTS.HOPE TO SEE IT MOVE TO 15 OR 16..........

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

The Pats could have a let down, much like they did against the Browns. And we saw what the Browns did to the Fins.

A New England let down is the only thing that keeps this one remotely close.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by moneyplays View Post
    No good team will beat the pats this year. I repeat no good team. It will be a sh1tty team that does it. They can't come into every game with high emotion. They get burnt out and have to come out hard for the games that matter. It happens to teams every year and the pats are no exception. Dolphins beat em next week. lol
    mp,
    I pretty much agree. I'm not sure the Dolphins are the team to do it. Athough they do qualify as "sh1tty". LOL

That's why I think it's harder to go 16-0 than 0-16.

When you're NE or Indy, you get everybody's best shot and it's hard for NE/Indy to come in on an emotional high every week. It doesn't take but a couple of turnovers/bad calls/etc. to turn a close game.

Teasem

14 is a major number, see where it moves

Deceptive
    Deceptive's Avatar Become A Pro!

Let Down?

I beleive the cleveland game was supposed to be a let down game for the Pat's- They covered. Before we let the books off by giving up on a team when they show no signs of that themselves, i will let all the chumps drop the line for me by the end of the week and i will jump on the Pats. P.S. a first half bet will be very attractive

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

I will tattoo the Miami Dolphin on my left arm if the Pats don't cover. What are the odds the Hoodie rests Brady and Moss or gives them limited playing time?
    Last edited by Tchocky; 10-15-07 at 11:58 AM.

Illusion

Quote Originally Posted by Tchocky View Post
    I will tattoo the Miami Dolphin on my left arm if the Pats don't cover. What are the odds the Hoodie rests Brady and Moss or gives them limited playing time?
    I wanted to quote this in case Miami does cover.
    Last edited by Illusion; 10-15-07 at 03:56 PM.

Illusion

Just checked the line and it's 17 at the greek right now.

Teasem

Starting to get scary

area51steve

Just checked the line and it's 17 at the greek right now.
    I'm glad I got the patriots heavy at -14
    I still can't believe people on here were saying the fish are a "lock" at +14. Some people must LOVE to LOSE money.

elliott0924
    elliott0924's Avatar Become A Pro!

The fish will be baked Sunday. Anyone ready to eat?

elliott0924
    elliott0924's Avatar Become A Pro!

They have a damn fruit at quarterback.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Laying double-digits on the road in the NFL is a terrible play historically. Of course, the favorite ALWAYS has the huge talent edge in these situations, or they wouldn't be 14-point faves on the road to begin with. Well, since 1985, NFL double-digit home dogs are 61-44, 58.1% ATS.

Translation: Miami or Pass

Redchevy
    Redchevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5697

On a side note Illusion, I listened to 790 the Ticket down here most of the day, I live in Ft. Lauderdale. They had callers trying to come up with a fair number that they would feel comfortable with laying a G on Miami. Mind you these are hard core season ticket holders and gamblers, the general consensus was that IF Miami were getting between 27 or 28 points they would lay the money. A lot of callers already jumped on NE when the line came out. That's how much the locals think of Miami. I can see NE 38-45 to 10-13 all day long, just my .02 and another angle

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Laying double-digits on the road in the NFL is a terrible play historically. Of course, the favorite ALWAYS has the huge talent edge in these situations, or they wouldn't be 14-point faves on the road to begin with. Well, since 1985, NFL double-digit home dogs are 61-44, 58.1% ATS.

Translation: Miami or Pass
    How many of these stats are quoting the 2007 Patriots?

Eventually, people will realize that the 2007 Patriots are a unique phenemonon in NFL history.

Redchevy
    Redchevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5697

Well said Slacker, it's amazing how many people refuse to believe in how special this team is. They maybe witnessing history in the making , yet for whatever reason or hatred, they don't get on the money train. Miami may not score 10 points Sunday and to think that NE won't put up 30 on a BAD day is crazy. Is it POSSIBLE NE may not cover 1, 2, or 3 games this year, absolutely. But they're 6-0 SU and ATS, what makes anyone think they're going to quit now???? Against Miami???

12 Last