MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

MNF Giants@Falcons

I think the Falcons ML is the play here, I may wimp out and take the points. Anyone else have opinions on the game.

claggart
    claggart's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like that play as well, sir. I'm a huge Giants fan, but taking them as a road fav. is just too much. Whenever they get on a hot streak, Eli self-destructs. Plus, given the level of competition thus far, I'm not really impressed by any of their wins. We'll see b/c 4-2 is obviously very diff. from 3-3, so it's a big game for them.

claggart
    claggart's Avatar Become A Pro!

I should add that my NFL capping skills have been abysmal of late.

MJFtheGenius

Quote Originally Posted by claggart View Post
    I should add that my NFL capping skills have been abysmal of late.
    Yea I had a rough day on Sunday, hoping I can bounce back.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I mean no ribbing, I've been victim of it myself sometimes, but do you think your interest in the Falcon ML is in any way predicated by having a rough weekend? I am just not a believer in Joey Harrington, I think the Titans did all they could to keep Atlanta in the game last week.

MJFtheGenius

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    I mean no ribbing, I've been victim of it myself sometimes, but do you think your interest in the Falcon ML is in any way predicated by having a rough weekend? I am just not a believer in Joey Harrington, I think the Titans did all they could to keep Atlanta in the game last week.
    good point, I have to look into it more. Right now I do lean toward the falcons.

Teasem
    Teasem's Avatar Become A Pro!

The only reason I am leaning towards the Falcons right now is that it looks way to obvious for me to just shut up and take the Giants; but I have more numbers to crunch before I think about betting on this game

shrax4
    shrax4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Everyone and their brother will be on the Giants, which makes me like ATL +3.5. Also I like the over of 43.

sharktank1
    sharktank1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good two pick. Take it to the bank.

Teasem

The over looks like the play at first, but is seems these two squads have only covered the over once in their last 6 meetings, it just moved at my book from 43 1/2 to 44...

Teasem

I may only be comfortable with a 2 team tease...probably

Under 51
    &
    Atlanta + 10 1/2

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MJFtheGenius View Post
    I think the Falcons ML is the play here, I may wimp out and take the points. Anyone else have opinions on the game.
    I have to disagree with you. An important trend in the series between these two teams is the visiting team has won the last 11 times. And those games were with vick at QB. Joey Harrington will have trouble against the giants D and i'm sure will be sacked quite a bit in this game. I will take the giants to cover 3.5 points.
    Last edited by area51steve; 10-15-07 at 12:42 AM.

counterfiet100
    counterfiet100's Avatar Become A Pro!

i personally hope the falcons win by 1,2,or 3 then i get my hedge and parlay bet together!!!
    GL on both sides though i dont give a shit who wins

counterfiet100
    counterfiet100's Avatar Become A Pro!

but if i were to bet it would be the giants they are comming together as a team and i think they keep rolling

SBR Lou

The Giants have impressed me ever since they came back and beat Washington's ass in the second half a few weeks ago. They can get awfully one dimensional sometimes, I think they can be exposed with the right strategy but I don't know that Atlanta can execute through 4 quarters.

raidersfan
    raidersfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by area51steve View Post
    I have to disagree with you. An important trend in the series between these two teams is the visiting team has won the last 11 times. And those games were with vick at QB. Joey Harrington will have trouble against the giants D and i'm sure will be sacked quite a bit in this game. I will take the giants to cover 3.5 points.
    I agree, the giants defense will pressure harrington causing turnovers and favorable field position for the giants...Im taking the giants to cover in this game.

MJFtheGenius

The Giants have impressed me ever since they came back and beat Washington's ass in the second half a few weeks ago. They can get awfully one dimensional sometimes, I think they can be exposed with the right strategy but I don't know that Atlanta can execute through 4 quarters.
    The Giants did have trouble with the Jets.

tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

Go giants

The giants will run the ball effectively as they are getting healthy with the return of their power running backs. I see them getting an early lead and cruising. It will not be as much of a struggle as it was in the first of the jets game. Atlanta seems very week at the offensive line with 2 starters out. Atlanta struggled offensively last week against Tenn and their coach is a complete idiot. Why switch quarterbacks in the fourth quarter when your team is within a td. I really did not understand his reasoning. I cant wait til the end of the season and Atlanta goes 2-14.

justdoingit
    justdoingit's Avatar Become A Pro!

We are getting ready for a ELI collapse but not this week but think it will be close ill take +4.5 maybe waiting till gametime maybe get it Falcons +5

Thomasha7
    Thomasha7's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Giants will pressure, and get some sacks. Umenyiora will put the hurt on Hariington from the left side while Strahan brings it from the right side of the quaterback. At the same time they will be able to stop the running game of Warick Dunn. Eli will play ok. Ok enough for the win. As for covering the points. No promises on that one, but the Giants get the win on the road.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

After seeing the Bills almost beat Dallas last Monday anything is possible especailly if ELi self destructs. As bad as Atlanta has been they have played all their games close and Joey has played his best ball at home.

In the Wash game Eli had a bad half then a good half, aganist the Eagles he really didn't do anything,and against the Jets he had a bad half and a good half.
    Last edited by NardVa; 10-15-07 at 12:28 PM.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Falcons offensive line is in shambles. 3 starters out, only good news is Rod Coleman back on defense. A lot of in house bickering. They did play well in their 2 home games.

Jake38
    Jake38's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by area51steve View Post
    This is what is making me lean towards the Giants. I think their D just destroys Harrington and he chokes under the bright lights. Just my two cents.

Teasem

Line is at +5 1/2

I may purchase the 1/2 or see if we can get +6 before gametime and pull the trigger

sikballplaya24
    sikballplaya24's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am on Falcons + 5

Now probaly more than 3/4 of the country is on the giants and Vegas lost alot of money yesterday, due to the heavy load on PATRIOTS and OVER, Vegas loss loads of money, and vegas does not like to lose... the line opened tonight at 3...now its up to 5, most likely later will go up to 6.

Last night game between the Seahawks and SAINTS...the saints were going into that game 0-4 ATS in every postion. I Line opened at 5 1/2 went up to 7.

Vegas made some money back but not enough...i was reciting an article by vegas that over 95% (119,000 bets placed SUNDAY) were on the Giants tonight...which means if giants were to win...they would lose over 20 million....

"This is what is making me lean towards the Giants. I think their D just destroys Harrington and he chokes under the bright lights. Just my two cents. "

Giants D? Harrington will exploit their defense through the air all day. The giants passing defense, in my opinion is horrible. Their running defense is the problem, but i dont think atlanta will run much, knowing warrick dunn days are over and norwood has yet to prove himself and have a big game...tonight might be the night....

Conclusion:
    I call this a fix...and i said the same to the saints last night and took the +7...and look at the results. It is also Monday night football, and there are rarely blowout on monday night football. Remember last week...Cowboys visiting the buffalo bills...the bills almost snuck out of that game as a straight up winner.

GAME OF THE YEAR
    FALCONS + 5
    Last edited by sikballplaya24; 10-15-07 at 02:03 PM.

swampdog
    swampdog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've already got a bet out with

NO +6
    Phila -3.5
    Minn +5.0
    NY Gia - 3.5

for $25. which pays $312.30. Since I'm willing to loose the $25, would it now be a smart play for me to bet $312 or $337 (add the 25) on the Atl +6 or even ATL ML (hoping NY doesn't win by 3 or less and screw me)?

Suggestions please?

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Over the Total Giants/Falcons

Take the Over 43.5 tonite! I did post a easy totals winner yesterday w/Cleveland/Miami! Atlanta has a new pass based offense and Harrington hasn't played too bad. They've scored 46 pts in their 2 home games...both Over! The main reason I like tonites total though is big boy...Brandon Jacobs is back in the lineup. The G-Men totaled 35 with him back in the lineup and the smallish Falcon defense will have to over commit to stop him which opens up Peyton's kid brother. Plaxico is good for a jump ball TD as well. Home dogs are so tough to go against...so play the over...maybe small parlay on the Giants! GL

justdoingit
    justdoingit's Avatar Become A Pro!

i am too thinking that way everyone saw the giants put a hurting on MCNABB and they also know harrington mostly puts a hurting on himself but he has played well at home and you never know what kinda Giants team you are going to get remember they did start out 0-2 and people ready to through Eli and Tom Coughlin off the Empire state building

SBR Lou

The line got out of hand, I'm passing, I already had NYG as the last part of a two team teaser so I'll just let that play out.

Johndogg31
    Johndogg31's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take the Giants and the over! Points will be scored, in bunches for the G-Men.

I had a great day yesterday... Parlayed the Pats & Over.....and parlayed the Saints moneyline and over.

Cha-ching!

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't like using the word "lock" because there is no such thing but the closest thing to a "lock" is the giants on the moneyline if you have the bankroll to make that bet. I got the giants at -3.5 and also played the moneyline as a backup. The road team has won the last 11 in the series and harrington is not a good QB and the falcons offensive line is missing two starters. Easy win SU for the giants.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Falcons projected defensive line up will play it's first game without any missings. This line up is very good featuring Coleman, Abraham, Anderson at front four and Brooking, Boley as LB. Hall is playing outstanding and will neutralize Burress. Points will be hard to come by for erratic Giants offense.

Falcons offense will rely on the run and with the Giants corners in disarray Harrington will punish the rushing Giants defense. White and Jenkins will terrorize Giants Defense.

My bets are Falcons +4.5 and under -43.5.

This Falcons team is much better than their record shows and will make a statement on national TV!

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm all over the Giants tonite...in the Falcons only win, Harrington completed almost 80% of his passes 23-29, and the team had 0 turnovers. Last week, they forced 5 turnovers and still lost, Falcons had 2 turnovers and Harrington was 16-31, a little over 50%. They can only keep this close or win by playing a near perfect game and force turnovers and not turnover the ball themselves. NY also beat Atlanta 27-14 in Atlanta last year. Atlanta was ahead 7-3 at the half, so I do wonder if the game will start off slow.The Giants have won 6 straight times in Atlanta. Eli has been sacked 5 times this year, the team has given up 6 sacks and Harrington has been sacked 17 times this year, the team 18. 13 of the sacks came in the first 2 games...so the offensive line has been better but is now hurting..can they stop the Giants rush and blitz packages?? I don't think so...look how Philly handled their hurt offense line vs Giants...Philly got sacked to death. Harrington was replaced in the 4th qtr last week...can that help bring on confidence to get the job done tonite. I don't think so. Unless Atlanta plays with passion and confuses NY and causes Eli to get frustrated, I don't see them hanging with the Giants. The first quarter will tell us everything...just like last night did with the Saints and last week for Buffalo.

GIANTS +3 UNDER 51 teaser
    GIANTS -2.5 (bought 2 pts)
    GIANTS ML

GL EVERYONE!!

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

You shouldn't put much stock in the Giants pass rush based on the Philly game. That was horrible coaching by the Eagles, not giving help to a 2nd year guy filling in at left tackle who is a natural right tackle. Falcons surely will go max protect alot tonight if the Giants do get early pressure based on the film from that Eagles-Giants game.

Outside of that Eagles game, the Giants pass rush has been non-existent. Their defense is the very definition of schizophrenic, one week they can look dominant, the next they give up 24 to the Jets or 45 to Dallas.

All that said, I couldn't possibly take the Falcons will all the stuff going on with that team, pulling QBs and Petrino seemingly not having much of a clue so far.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    You shouldn't put much stock in the Giants pass rush based on the Philly game. That was horrible coaching by the Eagles, not giving help to a 2nd year guy filling in at left tackle who is a natural right tackle. Falcons surely will go max protect alot tonight if the Giants do get early pressure based on the film from that Eagles-Giants game.

Outside of that Eagles game, the Giants pass rush has been non-existent. Their defense is the very definition of schizophrenic, one week they can look dominant, the next they give up 24 to the Jets or 45 to Dallas.

All that said, I couldn't possibly take the Falcons will all the stuff going on with that team, pulling QBs and Petrino seemingly not having much of a clue so far.
    Petrino is not helping his cause

Alge Crumpler spoke out after last week's loss, voicing strong critical opinions about Coach Petrino's way of handling the veterans on the team. He said Petrino was rookie oriented and, basically, a bad play-caller.

This team is not pulling together...