SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dallas -10 Opinion

Lets assume the rookie Edwards plays well again and doesn't throw any interceptions. Does he have enough weapons to win? No. Is it probable that he will match Tony Romo along the way if forced to pass? Again, no. Keep in mind Peerless Price is out for the year, Lee Evans hasn't played to par, and this team hasn't scored more than 17 all year and it was against the Jets.

I know there's a huge amount of people who relish the opportunity to fade MNF road favorites, especially by double digits, but this is another case of having to look at the extra intangibles. Dallas is hot right now, Wade Phillips is facing the team that fired him after going 29-19 for them, any chance he gets to pulverize them I think he takes it. Lucky for him the Bills are almost dead last in every category you can think of (aside from running), and his team is the best in the NFC.

Also erase any notion of Dallas looking ahead, this game is on a NATIONAL stage. When is the last time this team was 5-0? You think they're going to take this game lightly? Maybe there's a small shot of that on Sunday @1pm, but even then I think they come ready to throw down. They score a TD in the 1st quarter for the first time this year, and that's all she wrote from there.

Dallas -10
    Final Score : Dallas 34 Bills 14

Last edited by SBR Lou; 10-08-07 at 12:22 PM.

swifty
    swifty's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Game. Edge: Cowboys.

Injuries:

COWBOYS: OUT: WR Terry Glenn, NT Jason Ferguson, DT Tank Johnson.

BILLS: OUT: QB J.P. Losman, WR Peerless Price, TE Kevin Everett, DE Ryan Denney, LB Paul Posluszny, CB Jason Webster

GO Dallas

abacus30
    abacus30's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm a Dallas fan. Just wanted to add to your list that Starting Dallas CB - Anthony Henry - is out and Newman is still a bit gimpy. This is from story on DallasCowboys.com today:

"...Newman will resume his starting role not necessarily because he's back to 100 percent, but because the Cowboys' other starting corner, Anthony Henry, is now out with a high ankle sprain. After playing only nickel in Week 3 against the Bears and playing the rest of the game after Henry left in the first quarter against the Rams, Newman is still a little rusty on his zone coverage assignments, according to Phillips. On the plus side, Newman will be lining up on the right side instead of his normal left, allowing him to plant off of his good left heel."

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

no reason not 2 tink dallas wins this by alot..they r gna b able 2 run all ova buffalo and pass all ova buffalo while their defense will b well rested all game cuz of their offense's long drives i dnt think buffalo gets more then 10 mayb 13 for a final 34-13 mayb

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

On paper the Dallas offense should have a field day.

Past results this year vs Buffalo

Denver..... Cutler 23/39 304 .. Henry 139 rushing
    Pittsburgh .... Roethlisberger... 21/34 242 Parker 126 rushing
    NE Brady.... 23/29.. 311... Mahoney 107 rushing
    Jets Pennington... 32/39 ...290

swifty

Opps, I got to change to Buffalo on this game, I do like Dallas, but -10 is alot for them.

Buff +10 I have to go with.

sorry.

------------------------------------------------------------

Monday Madness: I can't remember the last time the Bills hosted a Monday Night Football game, can you? I can't even remember the last time Buffalo was featured on Monday night. I had to ask my Friend an avid Bills fan, and he couldn't even remember. So, I had to look it up: This is the first Monday Night Football game in Orchard Park since... 1994! I can't believe it's been 13 years! I would have thought Al Michaels called a game where Doug Flutie or Rob Johnson hosted another team. Guess not.

Why is this important? The crowd will be absolutely nuts in a very emotional contest for the Bills. Even though Buffalo doesn't have postseason aspirations, this is as close to a must-win the team will have the entire year; they won't want to disappoint their hungry fans.

There is actual precedent for this. In 2004, the Bengals, who were off to a 1-4 start, were hosting a Monday night battle for the first time since the early 90s. They were playing the Broncos as seven-point home underdogs. One of the local newspapers ran a headline reading, "Please Don't Embarrass Us." No one gave the Bengals a chance. Yet, they pulled off an improbable upset, triumphing 23-10.

The Psychology. Edge: Bills.
    No one on the Cowboys is going to take the Bills seriously. But this is a huge game for Buffalo; the city hasn't hosted a Monday night game in ages. The crowd's going to be pumped and ready to will their Bills to victory.

Prediction:

Bills 24, Cowboys 14 If I am wrong.

Bills +10 (10 Units - October Pick of the Month)
    Under 45 (1 Unit
    Last edited by swifty; 10-09-07 at 07:37 AM.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

I like Buffalo +10.5 in this spot, and maybe even an outright upset. Dallas could be looking ahead to next week, and Buffalo's defense has played OK despite their run defense still being poor. Their pass defense has been pretty good this season.

Looking for a 20-17 type of game. Dallas likely wins, but I like the 10 this Monday much more than Cinci +9 last week.

I don't think Phillips will try and run the score up. If he does, he's a fool, because other coaches will gang up on him if he tries.

pokernut9999

Heard all the hype about MNF the last 2 weeks with Cincy and NO at home. How it is a big game and home crowd. 2 big blowouts. Home teams are 1-4 so far this year on MNF.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    Heard all the hype about MNF the last 2 weeks with Cincy and NO at home. How it is a big game and home crowd. 2 big blowouts. Home teams are 1-4 so far this year on MNF.
    Good information, by the way, what home team did win on MNF?

pokernut9999

Bengals covered spread thanks to 6 turnovers by ravens.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's the only way I think the Bills stay in this one - turnovers, which is possible. Romo's still got a case of fumblitis.

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Probably gonna take some 1*DAL-10.

My thoughts tonight aren't so much stats & all that, it's just things like TO is the kind of guy that feeds off of the MNF spotlight, he "loves him some him" & I think he'll be pumped to show off tonight & rack up some stats....the atmosphere should tend to bring out his best.

With injuries in the DAL secondary, I'd think they'll "plan" to get quick pressure on Edwards.....not to mention the pressure he already has in this MNF spotlight. If the quad-squad of TO, Witten, Crayton, & Romo are hookin up......& they don't commit stupid penalties (false starts on 3rd & shorts that Barber & Jones should be making) leading to careless turnovers, 10 shouldn't be a problem.
    In other words, I'd say DAL would have to beat themselves tonight for BUFF to cover.....& I am willing to roll 1* because I feel they are playing well enough not to do that.

DALLAS has the strength & momentum going right now, BUFF does not.

Also like teasing DAL & Under....don't know if I will yet.

old threads
    old threads's Avatar Become A Pro!

I need to make up some of my week end losses on Dallas but my confidence is shot to shit now.

forex
    forex's Avatar Become A Pro!

lets go dallas come on now +11 here we go now

whitesoxrock33
    whitesoxrock33's Avatar Become A Pro!

dallas -10 -- should cover easily

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Quote Originally Posted by swifty View Post
    The Game. Edge: Cowboys.

Injuries:

COWBOYS: OUT: WR Terry Glenn, NT Jason Ferguson, DT Tank Johnson.
    I dont think Anthony Henry, CB, is playing either

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

What a game. My pick obviously lost, but hats off to the guys on Buffalo +10. Can't believe Buffalo didn't win SU, after having an opposing teams QB throw _5_ interceptions, to recover a fumble, and still manage to lose the game speaks volumes about how bad Buffalo is.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Really bad coaching. Juron should be fired. 6 minutes left, inside the 15, what was Buffalo doing passing the ball? Three runs for no gain would have taken 2 minutes off the clock and you kick a FG to go up 11.

You don't need a TD there. How can coaches be that stupid to pass the ball in that spot, with a rookie no less, and a Dallas secondary that has made big plays all season.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    What a game. My pick obviously lost, but hats off to the guys on Buffalo +10. Can't believe Buffalo didn't win SU, after having an opposing teams QB throw _5_ interceptions, to recover a fumble, and still manage to lose the game speaks volumes about how bad Buffalo is.

Teasem
    Teasem's Avatar Become A Pro!

Came close to 3 for 3 in this game; hit on:

Bills +17 1/2
    Over 39

3rd Qt Over 9 1/2

and pushed on the -1 Dallas to miss the trifecta

Cowboys -1
    Under 55
    Bills +21

I'll take 2 out of 3 in that game, and what a game it was

swifty

Quote Originally Posted by swifty View Post
    Opps, I got to change to Buffalo on this game, I do like Dallas, but -10 is alot for them.

Buff +10 I have to go with.

sorry.

------------------------------------------------------------

Monday Madness: I can't remember the last time the Bills hosted a Monday Night Football game, can you? I can't even remember the last time Buffalo was featured on Monday night. I had to ask my Friend an avid Bills fan, and he couldn't even remember. So, I had to look it up: This is the first Monday Night Football game in Orchard Park since... 1994! I can't believe it's been 13 years! I would have thought Al Michaels called a game where Doug Flutie or Rob Johnson hosted another team. Guess not.

Why is this important? The crowd will be absolutely nuts in a very emotional contest for the Bills. Even though Buffalo doesn't have postseason aspirations, this is as close to a must-win the team will have the entire year; they won't want to disappoint their hungry fans.

There is actual precedent for this. In 2004, the Bengals, who were off to a 1-4 start, were hosting a Monday night battle for the first time since the early 90s. They were playing the Broncos as seven-point home underdogs. One of the local newspapers ran a headline reading, "Please Don't Embarrass Us." No one gave the Bengals a chance. Yet, they pulled off an improbable upset, triumphing 23-10.

The Psychology. Edge: Bills.
    No one on the Cowboys is going to take the Bills seriously. But this is a huge game for Buffalo; the city hasn't hosted a Monday night game in ages. The crowd's going to be pumped and ready to will their Bills to victory.

Prediction:

Bills 24, Cowboys 14 If I am wrong.

Bills +10 (10 Units - October Pick of the Month)
    Under 45 (1 Unit
    what a game last night, ROMO 5 int and the Rookie Nick Folk wins the game for ROMO..