LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Moderate Favorites off of a Bye

Now you guys know how much of a dog lover I am, but here is one angle for the chalkies.

HOME Favorites of between -7 and -9.5 coming off of a bye are 44-28, 61.1% ATS since 1985.

Also, ROAD Favorites of between -3 and -6.5 coming off of a bye are 36-17, 67.9% ATS!

EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

Okay which games is that this week?

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Titans, essentially Jags, Saints Skins are also off a bye but I guess not favored by enough.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm leaning toward the Jags already.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Well, Jags don't qualify unless they hit 3.

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've been looking at the Titans (-8.5 or so, in Nevada) against the Falcons. I think this could be a big win for the Titans.

Vince Young is a competitor. His QB rating has been improving steadily. He has only thrown 2 interceptions this season. His confidence is growing. I say hold on to your hat.

The Titans have two good wins (at Jacksonville and at New Orleans). They barely lost to the Colts at home (20-22). They are just those two points from being undefeated. They are now fairly healthy (as far as I know - ???), and coming off a break. They want to get their first win at home. I believe they will get it convincingly.

The Falcons ... well ... maybe they're a little better than some people have expected. But not much. They will not win this one.

By the way, think about these teams' divisions. The AFC South is tough. Any team in the AFC South could probably win the NFC South.

Here's the meat of it for me, though. I tend to look alot at the lines of scrimmage. I think the Titans have a significant advantage on both sides of the ball. For example (and, by the way, this is a simple check that I make in nearly every game), look at yards per run for and yards per run against: Tennessee comes in at 4.5 for and 3.3 against (pretty good numbers); Atlanta comes in almost the mirror opposite with 3.5 for and 4.3 against (not terrible, especially the run defense, but inferior to the Titans' numbers). Look for the Titans -- including their quarterback -- to run on the Falcons, and to dominate time of possession, and probably the game.

A 10 to 20 point win for the Titans would not surprise me one bit. I will likely put some sort of play on the Titans this week. At least on a teaser card.
    Last edited by regularguy; 10-03-07 at 02:50 PM. Reason: just can't let go