etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

chargers

You guys think the chargers will get back on track (not necessarily this week, but sometime in the next couple weeks in time to make a playoff push)?

If not, then what do you guys think the reason is? Is it due to too many new coaches leading to their issues? Is it simply due to Norv being the head coach? Do you think they were just simply a fluke last year? Or have teams simply figured out that the chargers and their personel?

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

division champs. SOmewhat of a fluke, they were 8-8 in '05

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

and Brees is better than Rivers or at least was, so might not e en have gone 8-8 ith Rivers in '05

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Norv Turner just is not using LT right at all.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Go back to what they do well...give the ball to LT, throw it to LT, and sometimes throw it to Gates. That's all...

jon13009
    jon13009's Avatar Become A Pro!

Norv

To lose to the Chiefs at home is really saying something is wrong in SD. This team knows it is expected to win and make it to the playoffs. After watching rather uninspired play against NE and GB, it seemd that the players don't want to play for Norv Turner. Turner is a different coach than Shottenheimer, and the players are just not receptive to what Turner is spinning right now.

They need a coach to kick them in the butt and I am not sure Turner is the guy that can do that.
    Last edited by jon13009; 09-30-07 at 07:07 PM.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

i've said this in quite a few threads on here in the past month.
    "Norv Turner is the kiss of death for a team!"

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

d keyed on lt making rivers beat them and he hasn't. Don't think the bolts turn this around unless they revamp there offense. Lt is not going to run wild this year.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Rivers is overrated

Turner worst coach in football

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY BOY View Post
    d keyed on lt making rivers beat them and he hasn't. Don't think the bolts turn this around unless they revamp there offense. Lt is not going to run wild this year.
    and the defenses in years past didn't key in on lt? i have a tough time recalling not seeing 8 in the box on a regular basis last year from teams trying to stop lt.

it appears to me the answer has to the coaching staff, with different (read less aggressive and creative schemes) due to the only personel changes being losing keenan mccardell (and his whooping 45 catches from a year ago) and donnie edwards (who was solid at mlb for them, but not to the point that their d falls apart without him).

im calling another revamping of their coaching staff this offseason, with the o & d coordinators leaving along with turner. i see them promoting rivera to d coordinator and trying to make a move for cowher to be hc

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Turner is an offensive coordinator, not a head coach.

That said, that division is so sorry that the Chargers can still win it if they turn things around.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

LT finally said something legitimate after the game. "We need to stop talking and start playing."

Division is so bad, they'll likely win it at 9-7 or 10-6 but even if they win a first-round game, road trip to Pitt, NE or Indy will end their season.

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED View Post
    Turner is an offensive coordinator, not a head coach.

That said, that division is so sorry that the Chargers can still win it if they turn things around.

biggamer3
    biggamer3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3802

they need to draft a top notch WR

denn333
    Update your status
    denn333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

You just don't lose to the chiefs at home...unacceptable !

jon13009
    jon13009's Avatar Become A Pro!

The chargers are looking like the Redskins and Raiders under Turner right now. Turner is a offensive coordinator - NOT a head coach. How do you take a team like the Chargers and screw it up?

Perhaps this sums it up:

http://41miles.wordpress.com/2007/07...iego-chargers/

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I think SD will get it fixed, eventually. It remains to be seen whether they'll still be in the playoff mix when they do. Bottom line, keep betting against them until they show us something real.

Facing Denver next week, I'm conflicted. I think both of these teams are somewhat afflicted with the same identity crisis. Denver is playing just as bad as SD despite their supposed talent. Both have a young QB that is yet to be a true leader of the team. I don't know which way to go on this game. If SD shows up and really wants to win, nobody can stop them. But if SD plays the way they've been playing, Denver should roll right over them just like every other team so far this year.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by etothep View Post
    You guys think the chargers will get back on track (not necessarily this week, but sometime in the next couple weeks in time to make a playoff push)?
    It's a weak division, so it's possible. At 1-3, they're only a game out of first!

Sixteen games is a long season. They've got time. But has been pointed out in other threads, they're playing worse not better as the season has unfolded. That's not how you get it turned around and make a playoff push.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Bottom line, keep betting against them until they show us something real.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I think both of these teams are somewhat afflicted with the same identity crisis.
    Two teams in need of a shrink!

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

math starts getting tougher.
    to even go 10-6 they have to go 9-3 the rest of the way, which looks like a 10% chance the way the chargers are playing.

azgrande18
    azgrande18's Avatar Become A Pro!

The wheels have fallen off. No chance for them this year.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Too much talent on this team to completely rule them out. Even if they start 1-5, watch out. Just wayyyy too much talent on this team.

Someone needs to start kicking some ass in that locker room. I don't necessarily mean Norv either. Too bad Seau wasn't still in SD. He wouldn't take this bullshit from these babies. SD has a fairly young team as far as the major players, which might be a reason for this recent emotional slide. LT doesn't seem like a very inspiring leader either. Too much pouting & whatnot. They just gotta man up & play. Someone has to get into their heads and make them believe. This team needs a true leader.

I almost wonder if the players are kinda staging a "silent working strike" against SD management as retaliation for the Marty firing. The players loved Marty. Maybe just a sign of respect or whatever to Marty, as well as a snub at management. Are we witnessing a workers revolt within the SD franchise?! Or is this too much of a conspiracy theory crackpot theory for you guys?

As far as the Chargers going to the Super Bowl through the wildcard round, how did Indy and Pitt get there the last 2 years? It can be done.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I won't count the Chargers out until they are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. Just wayyy too much talent on this team.