stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12025

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    Are the Skins considering releasing McNabb?
    common fishhead, knock off the whoreshit.

SportNut
    SportNut's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm so glad Oakland didn't take him...

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Seems the latest McNabb buzz is that they're not in any extension talks, but the Skins are looking at Vincent Jackson.

elchampion33
    elchampion33's Avatar Become A Pro!

hes still an above average qb although im not confident in washington's weapons at the wr position, donovan makes them instantly better though

tbonmusikman
    tbonmusikman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Donovan McNabb has never impressed me.

BROOKLYN BOY
    BROOKLYN BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by luclongley View Post
    brady, roethlisberger, manning, schaub (maybe), rivers, romo (maybe), other manning (maybe), favre, rodgers, brees. I'm trying to think of other qb's I'd rather have than him for the next 2-3 years. By my accounts, he's a top 10 qb, that's pretty good

He's a top 10 QB in this league today. If this were 1986 he'd be in the bottom 3rd of starting Qb's. Amazingly overrated for reasons Rush Limbaugh already cited.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by BROOKLYN BOY View Post
    He's a top 10 QB in this league today. If this were 1986 he'd be in the bottom 3rd of starting Qb's. Amazingly overrated for reasons Rush Limbaugh already cited.
    Rush's reasons had nothing to do with the quality of his play. lmao. Fail.

JW Cash
    JW Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!

McNabb is gonna have his ass handed to him in Washington...

BROOKLYN BOY
    BROOKLYN BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Rush's reasons had nothing to do with the quality of his play. lmao. Fail.
    "Fail" what are you 12 you little loser? What were Rush's reasons then? Were you born yet when Rush made the comments.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by icancount2one View Post
    Cutler/Cassell are possibly ahead of McNabb. Both suffer from an immense lack of talent on their current teams. Some Dallas writer quoted earlier in the thread ranked VY ahead of McNabb, I didn't catch most of the Titans games the 2nd half of the season, but I wouldn't. Also, if it was for just one season, I'd take McNabb, but if I could have one player's contract for five or six years, I'd take Sanchez or Henne.

For all the crybabies saying McNabb didn't have any weapons, how did A.J. Feely step in and go 6-1 (and the loss was close)?
    Cutler had all the talent in the world in Denver and couldn't win the games he had to win. Don't get me wrong, I think Cutler can still make a career of it, but right here right now I want McNabb over Cutler. Same goes for Cassell, he might make it some day in the NFL, but he's no McNabb in the here and now.

I wouldn't want McNabb for the long haul either, give me Sanchez or Stafford or any other young QB still in their 20's if we're talking 3 years or more. But it's a win now league and McNabb gives a better chance in the now.

frankzig
    frankzig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3622

i think he improved the team ,well see

icancount2one

Quote Originally Posted by BROOKLYN BOY View Post

When McNabb was young, he was a game changing force of nature. He'd dodge blitzers like a matador, and it seemed like hardly a game would go by without him spotting an opportunity for a 15yd+ TD run. Before the emergence of Drew Brees and the revival of Favre's career, McNabb was a top 5 guy. Over time, age and injuries have gotten to him, but he's still an above average NFL QB.

But your right, black QBs get nothing but love from the media, just look at how mollycoddled JaMarcus, Vince Young, Jason Campbell, and Tavaris Jackson have been. I mean, those guys never got anything but love from the media since their rookie years... T-Jax especially got unfairly elevated over a solid guy like Frerotte. Actually none of that could be less true, and you're a jackass.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Agree with McNabb becoming a much more average QB-and it's tough to say but he seemed fairly content with the fact. He'll ride out another couple of years being average and off he goes. Cheers

msec512
    msec512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

McNabb is not average. He would be a starter on most teams in the NFL, except for the few teams with a franchise QB.

jcadwell
    jcadwell's Avatar Become A Pro!

We will see how the eagles do this year w/o mcnabb.... if they are still playing well without him then you can easily say that mcnabb was just average.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by jcadwell View Post
    We will see how the eagles do this year w/o mcnabb.... if they are still playing well without him then you can easily say that mcnabb was just average.
    your logic is flawed...and stupid.

why not judge McNabb on how he plays this season with his new team, not how his old team plays without him?

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

he is far from avg. for not having any sort of star receiver he has done very well in his career

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by marcoloco View Post
    he is far from avg. for not having any sort of star receiver he has done very well in his career

He did exactly what Sanchez did last year. Hid behind a dominating defense and did just enuf to win which wasn't all that much.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

May have OVERrated McNabb by calling him "average"...........when in deed at this stage he may actually be a below average NFL QB.

Heck, even an AVERAGE QB is in good enough cardiovascular shape to run a 2-minute drill............

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He does look average now but he has had a great career with average players around him

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He does look average now but he has had a great career with average players around him

I never disputed that............

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Hey fishhead...go talk to redskins and ask them to trade mcnabb to 49ers for Alex Smith. Then they will really know what an "Average Quarterback" really is.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    Hey fishhead...go talk to redskins and ask them to trade mcnabb to 49ers for Alex Smith. Then they will really know what an "Average Quarterback" really is.

Both below average to average QB's at this stage............at least Alex has room for improvement.

icancount2one

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He does look average now but he has had a great career with an awesome defense and pass-catching RB around him
    fixed for you jj.

PhilliesPhan
    Cam Newton Overs
    PhilliesPhan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

McNabb always had the talent to be an elite QB in the NFL but he never seemed to make the elite QB decisions or ever show up for the big games ... He'd have dominate fantasty like games when up or down 2 tds but for someone with all that arm and the ability to scramble out of the pocket I could never understand his decision making in terms of running when he had open receivers and throwing when he could run for days ... so frustrating for someone who is a die hard philly sports fan .. I would root for them when they were 6-10 and never understand why they didnt show up against teams they should have handled in conference championship games .. you are taught at a young age, never lose to a team whose talent level does not meet yours and the heart of Donovan always came under question, never his talent ... its almost sad but at the same time laughable that his 2 min drill bulllshit and inability to conduct TD winning drives are evident in d.c. like in philly ... for so long philly sports radio was soley against andy reid .. but we now know it was a combination of the two dumbasses when the game is on the line.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
    McNabb always had the talent to be an elite QB in the NFL but he never seemed to make the elite QB decisions or ever show up for the big games ... He'd have dominate fantasty like games when up or down 2 tds but for someone with all that arm and the ability to scramble out of the pocket I could never understand his decision making in terms of running when he had open receivers and throwing when he could run for days ... so frustrating for someone who is a die hard philly sports fan .. I would root for them when they were 6-10 and never understand why they didnt show up against teams they should have handled in conference championship games .. you are taught at a young age, never lose to a team whose talent level does not meet yours and the heart of Donovan always came under question, never his talent ... its almost sad but at the same time laughable that his 2 min drill bulllshit and inability to conduct TD winning drives are evident in d.c. like in philly ... for so long philly sports radio was soley against andy reid .. but we now know it was a combination of the two dumbasses when the game is on the line.

GREAT, great post.

This is the exact sentiments all my friends from Philly have..........that are TRUE DIE IN THE WOOL EAGLES FANS.

Sfritts8
    Sfritts8's Avatar Become A Pro!

He is above average if you consider throwing ground balls a skill.
    Points Awarded:

Chuck Sims gave Sfritts8 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

I agree that he is an average QB. Little above average, but the same thing, IMO.

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

hes still better then grossman

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

As a Redskins fan who has watched every single game, I really don't see too much wrong with the way DMc5 has played thus far, especially in the Lions game. It's kind of tough to play QB when you've got about 1.5 seconds before you're sacked thanks to a swiss-cheese O-line.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    [COLOR=blue]Heck, even an AVERAGE QB is in good enough cardiovascular shape to run a 2-minute drill............
    If you (or anyone else), truly believes that excuse Shanny came up with, then you're a fking idiot. No offense Fish.

blueghost
    blueghost's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

he may be average but he has seen every defense setup known to man..and knows a read when he sees one

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVES1985 View Post
    hes still better then grossman
    This.

Shanny has either lost his mind, is covering for his son or Danny boy made this call from the press box.

krazey47409
    disabledcantpostorpm yyyyyy?????
    krazey47409's Avatar Become A Pro!

his arm power well above avergae man got a rocket launcher throws so hard thats y he sucked in philly they always drop his passes

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn7 View Post
    I think Billy Kilmer will have a decent year if he can get some help from Larry Brown and Charlie Harraway in the back field

The SKINS would have been better off paying KILMER half of McNabbs salary and bringing him back....

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Snyder blows more money on players than Thomas did with the Knicks.

First 123456 Last