stump
    stump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Jury is still out, imo

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I'll go "mediocre" at this point. Was real disappointed in the Oakland performance. I thought that could be his coming out party.

I still think he's going to be good. I don't think the Denver defense is as good as it has been in the past. Cutler better grow up quick if the Broncos are going to make the playoffs.

E

rugbybdyb
    rugbybdyb's Avatar Become A Pro!

mediocre, I dont ever think he will be a top tier quarterback, but I also dont think he is a hack.....

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think he will always be just an avg QB in the NFL.

Skankdog
    Skankdog's Avatar Become A Pro!

He is an average QB right now, however he will be a good QB over the next 6-7 years. Most people do not know he has the arm strength of Brent Farve. I do not see him getting the troops pumped up even though they say he is very competitive. He will be a good one for sure.

moneyplays
    moneyplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's definitely better than Jake the Snake. Anyone but Rex is better. They won't make the playoffs this year. He is still going through a growth spurt. I see them making the playoffs next year. He will have his coming out party in this next game against the jaguars. One thing I love about Cutler... He is not afraid to throw down field. He will turn into slightly above average qb.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mediocre and overrated. Apart from technique, QB is all about mental crispness. Keeping wrong decisions at a minimum. Look at Montana and Brady. Their success started between their ears. Leinart might have it as well. At least he showed it at USC. On the opposite end of the spectrum we have the not so cool QB's like Josh McCown. Perhaps nerves get the best of them and they start forcing things. I don't see what Cutler brings that Plummer didn't have, but Shanahan does seem to know his stuff.

NEP Dynasty
    NEP Dynasty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Average at best.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Guys,

A little patience here. He's had less than 1/2 a NFL season as a starter!

C'mon...Peyton was 3-13 his first season. Elway didn't light the lamp right away either.

It's fair to say, he's been average at best to this point. He may develop into a very good NFL QB. Time will tell.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

He's really really young - but he's got as good an arm as any quarterback in the NFL. If Elway had a '10' for arm strength, Cutler is a 9.5, or slightly better.

I think his decision making, relative to his age, is outstanding. Also, he's made some throws that very few QBs can make in his very sort career. I think he's got as much potential as any young QB and his 'high end' is probably the best, save Vince Young, out of all the inexperienced QBs in the league. He moves around well and can make game breaking throws. There isn't another young QB (3 years or less in the league) that can do what Cutler can do throwing the ball (Vince included in that...)

He has shown brilliant flashes, but it's still way too early to call. However, his potential hasn't been realized by any stretch I believe. He may contend for the pro bowl some day, but with Manning/Brady/Vince/Palmer in the AFC, it seems unlikely for a couple of years or so.

zootiehead
    zootiehead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

2 notches above Rivers and 1 notch below V Young.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

To early to tell, but I could see him molding into a good quarterback. I can tell you this, I would rather have Cutler run my team then GrossMan.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

i tink hes above par...hes playing jags and oakland rite? pretty good defenses

i give him next yr and he'll b noticed

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

I think Cutler will be a great player in this league. He's only played 7 games so far and has done well. He's made too many mistakes, but those are expected for a rookie qb.

His arm strength is incredible, he's fast, mobile, and smart.

The Broncos may have barely won two games against bad teams, but they dominated from the line of scrimmage on offense and if they continue to do that they will put up a lot more points than they did the first two games.

I don't think we'll be as good this year as people were predicting. I see 9-7. But, I'm very pleased with Cutler so far.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    I don't see what Cutler brings that Plummer didn't have, but Shanahan does seem to know his stuff.

He already brings more than Plummer did. The offense did better in his first 5 games than they did under plummer for the 11 before last year.

He's not a head case, he's quite sharp.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jake the Snake had a good year before that. Then he has a lesser year and he's out for some rookie. Unreal.

Cutler seems somewhat mushy to me mentally, but that is based on very little information, so too early to be sure.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good. Gonna be REAL good in 2-3 years.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

I think he's got a great future.

SportNut
    SportNut's Avatar Become A Pro!

How about them cheerleaders!!?

bside
    bside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by moneyplays View Post
    Anyone but Rex is better.

Now this is humorous. So just so I am clear you would rather have Joey Harrington, Steve McNair, JP Losman, Derek Anderson, David Garrard, Damon Huard, Trent Green, Tarvaris Jackson, Josh McCown, and Alex Smith before you would take Cutler. I guess to each his own.

Cutler has been average to date but he has tremendous potential. He can throw any pass in football. He is unflappable in the pocket and he has the unique ability to forget the last play and go make the next one. Jake Plummer could not throw a ten yard out. The only way he lasted as long as he did is because Mike designed plays to get get him out of the pocket. He was a terrible pocket passer.

Cutler already has as many game winning drives as Plummer had his whole career as a Bronco. Cutler will be a special QB in this league.