imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Starting to like Bears -3, let's talk about this one before betting more.

I've been thinking about this game all morning and I really think the Bears get it done this week.

Grossman should have some success throwing against Dallas secondary.

Bears have a sick run defense allowing a meager 2.4 per carry.

I think the Bears defense will give Romo fits and cause him to make mistakes.

Also Dallas just won on the road, are they going to win two in a row back to back on the road?

Bears -3 for me.

Any thoughts?

eglickman
    eglickman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good points, but they are both great teams. It can really go either way. I would stay away. There are plenty of other games to bet on.

Skankdog
    Skankdog's Avatar Become A Pro!

eglickman, I agree with you on this one. Dallas plus 10 would look nice with something in the mix.

Here is what you have to look at:
    Dallas will get at least 20 here, how many will the bears score. Dallas will be blitzing like crazy this week. Yes Romo will be under pressure, but he has Barber and Jones at Tailback. That is two more RBs more than Chicago has.

This means one thing: Stay clear of this game!

bradleysnyder
    bradleysnyder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

any time a line seems fishy i do not like betting on it.bears at -3 should be a no brainer.....OR IS IT?

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

This one keeps going 'round & 'round in my brain too, imgv94.

I'm thinking of doing something crazy with this one. I'm buying Bears down to -2 1/2 right now, then see if I can get a "bargain" on Dallas right before game time at +3 1/2 then root for the Bears to win by exactly 3. How crazy am I?!

Edit: I went ahead and bought Chi ML at -160. It's a better value, IMO, than buying the -2 1/2 at the price of -135. I'm still planning to buy Dallas +3 1/2 -110, which I think will be available closer to game time. Thus I get the middle if Chicago wins by exactly 1, 2, or 3.
    Last edited by slacker00; 09-18-07 at 05:33 PM.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    I've been thinking about this game all morning and I really think the Bears get it done this week. Grossman should have some success throwing against Dallas secondary.
    imgv,

The Bears certainly can get it done.

The concern, of course, is Rex. You just never know how many snaps he's going to fumble or how many picks he's going to throw. He almost single-handedly kept the Chiefs in the ball game last week.

As someone else wrote in another thread, "when you bet on the Bears, you're hoping Hester and the defense can overcome whatever stupid stuff Rex does."

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

unless grossman throws alot of picks or bears have some turnovers i dnt see how cowboys come within 10 of them grossman will do well deep and romo will get owned

EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dallas has a good off this year with romo and some good WRs. They proved against Miami that they have some class.

The D however let miami move the ball on some big drives the pressure of Green due toi the score meant some big picks.

The Bears didn't move it well last week. I would def suggest this is a leave but if I was playing it I would take the over or Dallas +3.

I am liking the over as Romo will hit some big plays and the Dallas Pass D is awful

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good handicapping Cowboy backers.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

yup, was wrong as well