pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

what is up with mcnabb?

he is so bad now

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's been through a lot of injuries. Not the same guy anymore, was having trouble completing the most simple of passes. The kid Kolb they drafted could have connected on the two different passes he badly overthrew in the endzone. He may start playing better, but he's not the same guy.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's not 100% first of all and he can't be blamed for every thing. His accuracy has always come and gone at times during his career. Accuracy ain't gonna do shit though if your WRs don't get open on half of your pass plays. I think they need to really get back to the running game that gave them success while Jeff Garcia QBed this team last year. Give McNabb time to get stronger. That's all on the coach though, Andy Reid is sometimes so proud it hurts because he tends to not change his game plan even in the face of injury.

Don Dollars
    Don Dollars's Avatar Become A Pro!

He started to look a little better on the final drive. He was HORRIBLE for the first 3-quarters. Will he regain his form?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's obviously not going to be 100% this season coming back from ACL surgery, but if you haven't been an Eagles fan like myself - let me tell you that McNabb has had periods in his career where he's played poorly. Made low throws, high throws, etc. I still really think this team's start goes back to coaching though. They have to realize that McNabb can do certain things, but that their strength lies in the running game right now for sure. This is definitely an 0-2 team that could be 1-1 if they executed a better game plan in my opinion.

NEP Dynasty
    NEP Dynasty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

He is clearly not 100% right now, and you could see this fairly clearly during. On plays that he would have scrambled for 8-10 yards and the first down in the past, he was getting pulled down from behind after a slim gain tonight. Also, as Eaglesphan said, its difficult to make throws when your WR are so poor. They could not get any seperation tonight.

french189
    french189's Avatar Become A Pro!

he's broken down and overrated!!!!

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

yea he sucks, he had open recievers and missed them. The Redskins should win this divison now and I never thought I would be saying that.

White_Tiger
    White_Tiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

His time is past now.

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's pitiful. Pro sports is one of the most colorblind fields there is. Hell, if you can see the field, and hit the open receiver, and if you can scramble when necessary, and if you can know when to throw the ball away instead of gambling on a covered receiver, owners and coaches don't ****ing care if your skin is purple.

McNabb is sadly hung up on the comments of the small minority of idiots who spew racist crapola.

Keep in mind, McNabb got his asswhoopin' on Monday by a black quarterback.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

I think the pressure of playing in Philly and being one of the few black QB's is getting to him. He feels he needs to do more so he starts pressing. It's a shame he wasn't born white.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

McNabb needs to grow up. Race has nothing to do with the recent criticism. Before Manning won the superbowl he had to be the number one criticized player in the NFL. Start winning and maybe people won't be so hard on you McNabb.

I used to really like him, but now I have lost all respect for McNabb.

Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

McNabb's gift in the NFL was mobility. With injuries and age, he has lost that, and therefore there is precious little left, which he is displaying.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Eagles fans should be use to it. Remember Randall Cunningham?

rugbybdyb
    rugbybdyb's Avatar Become A Pro!

On top of his injuries his receivers suck.........

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

But don't get me wrong, I always liked McNabb (especially McNabb the person, from what I know), and still do ....

SPECULATOR 13
    SPECULATOR 13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Just Another Racial Hustler!!!

when he came out of Syracuse McNabb couldn't throw a football to save is life: ONE wobbling duck after the other,to short,to high,to low,to far but never on target.Subsequently afterwards with Philadelphia we saw the same thing,a lack of ability with is passing game witch forced him to rely on his legs rather than his arm.The end result is the same for all current Negro QB they run around with the football like a chicken with it's head cut-off,once a defensive coordinator force them into the passing game .If you DARED to point out McNabb obvious lack of skill in college or currently with the PROs you are AUTOMATICALLY branded as a racist or the criticism of POOR McNabb is because is black!McNabb as manage to pull this garbage at every stops along his career including crying racism when the Eagles didn't want to Sh*t 17 millions in hands as a unproven rookie QB right out of college instead of the 5millions that he deserve.This not new for him and it as always work!
    Same thing for VIK...REMEMBER HIM?
    The "quarterblack" class of 1999 (& Vik the year after)was/is a embarrassment,nothing but a slur to the memory of those great black QUARTERBACKS that where never given a fair shake in the NFL in a not to distant past.
    Google :Joe Gillam,James Harris,Dougie Williams and of course Mister Warren Moon witch we had the privilege to see play here in canada.Their isn't a single one of the current crop of Negro quarterbacks in the league that ARE remotely close to the the talent of these 4 greats i mention above.
    Jamarcus Russell is The latest DISASTER in the making to come into the league only to be another embarrassment to the memory of the greats black QB from the past!! Russell will be just another UNQUALIFIED Negro QB that should have been turn into a RB, TE or LB.Unfortunately he will ALSO be another from that crop that will able to hide behind is race for his LIMITED skill and talent AT thE position in the NFL .