TheOne
    TheOne's Avatar Become A Pro!

No one has mentioned Indy this week?

anybody like INDY with -7? Yeah the titans are running the ball but if the INDY DEF plays like it did verse the Saints -7 is a great line....any opinions?

eglickman
    eglickman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Colts will probably win, but I'm not so sure they will cover. I'm staying away from this game. The Titans looked pretty good last week. It's a little risky. It's like betting on a SEC showdown game. Anyway, Titans went 1-1 against the Colts last season.

Game 1 in 2006: 14-13 Colts
    Game 2 in 2006: 20-17 Titans

Titans are much improved this year. They are ranked #4 in the NFL by SI:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...rt1/index.html

Titans also have home field advantage.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Believe they led that 1st game 13-0 before 2nd half rally. Tough game to pick.

moneyplays
    moneyplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

Personally, I like titans in this game. I don't think they will win but they play the colts tight. Look at the last two games:

10-08-2006: @ Indy
    Score: 14-13 Indy. Line: -17.5 ATS: LOST

12-03-2006: @ Tenn.
    Score: 17-20 Tenn. Line: -7.5 ATS: LOST

Both games UNDER 48.0 and 46.5 respectively.

One thing you have to remember. Titans will run the shit out of the ball. Colts defense has to come to play if they want to cover the spread.

moneyplays
    moneyplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't compare NO to Tenn. First of all NO is a passing offense. If they can't get that going they are going to struggle. A big reason they were a let down was due to the fact that the colts have fast cornerbacks and shut down the pass. We will see a totally different offense against them when they face tenn. Its hard not to go with the colts every game. lol.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I haven't heard a single good reason to bet the Colts. "Colts are awesome" may be true, but not a good reason to put money down.

I'm a huge Colts fan, but my money is on the Titans this week. The Titans are too good to spot them a TD on their field.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I like Tennessee at +7 at home myself. Run run run = tick tick tick = less time for Manning & Co. on the field. True the Colts run defense is better with Sanders back, but I think they will have difficulty with the added dimension Vince Young adds with his feet.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

I bet Tenn +7.5 (at jazz) in this game. Even with the improvements seen from the Colts D in the playoffs and week 1, they are still just average. They didn't win a single road game by more than 7 points last season.

Home dogs off an upset win are also 57% since 1985.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like teasing the Colts down to -1 and I feel very safe with that play. I've already mentioned who I like teasing them with (Cinci, Chi, or Pitt), but I like the Colts at -1. They won't lose this game.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

i dnt think they'll lose tis game but i mite take titans str8 up for the upset ill throw a smaller wager on that and do a parlay/teaser wit titans+7

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I put down a bet getting Ten +7 1/2 this morning. Tons of value there, IMO. It's freaking amazing that a team this good is getting these kind of points on their own home field.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like TEN, but had to go with IND because they meet a 18-3 ATS road favorite angle of mine.

greg66
    greg66's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by babaoriley View Post
    I like teasing the Colts down to -1 and I feel very safe with that play. I've already mentioned who I like teasing them with (Cinci, Chi, or Pitt), but I like the Colts at -1. They won't lose this game.
    Exactly my thoughts.

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

after seeing how well tenn played indy last year i am not going to touch this first game between them this year...however, with that said, i will be suprised if indy doesnt cover

rugbybdyb
    rugbybdyb's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by moneyplays View Post
    Don't compare NO to Tenn. First of all NO is a passing offense. If they can't get that going they are going to struggle. A big reason they were a let down was due to the fact that the colts have fast cornerbacks and shut down the pass. We will see a totally different offense against them when they face tenn. Its hard not to go with the colts every game. lol.
    Yes New orleans is a passing offense but they do have the option to run with reggie and deuce....I dont think I would bet this game because for some reason TN stays close to the colts.....

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if the Titans beat the Colts on Sunday. I have them as a upset pick on one of my pick the pros contest cards.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised one bit if the Titans beat the Colts on Sunday. I have them as a upset pick on one of my pick the pros contest cards.
    Looker,
    You seem pretty confident in that call with the Colts coming off a 41-10 victory over a top 5 team in the NFL??? I know that Tenn has played the Colts tough historically, BUT... Nick Harper will be fvcking toast trying to guard his old teammate Marvin Harrison! Just like last week against the Saints, Reggie Wayne burned Jason David and Marvin will burn Harper... Harper doesn't like help either, but if they do help, tell me who is gonna cover 87?! NO ONE! One of the two is gonna have SINGLE coverage and you know Manning will go to that matchup all day... He's not picky and neither are the Colts... You take away one weapon, WE BEAT YOU WITH 3 4 OTHERS! Titans may/might cover the 7 in this one, but I really think the Colts will be focused and come out tough tomorrow in this one! Personally, I don't think this is a good game to be betting on... I don't predict scores, but I'll say the Colts by 10 tomorrow...

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06 View Post
    Looker,
    You seem pretty confident in that call with the Colts coming off a 41-10 victory over a top 5 team in the NFL??? I know that Tenn has played the Colts tough historically, BUT... Nick Harper will be fvcking toast trying to guard his old teammate Marvin Harrison! Just like last week against the Saints, Reggie Wayne burned Jason David and Marvin will burn Harper... Harper doesn't like help either, but if they do help, tell me who is gonna cover 87?! NO ONE! Titans may/might cover the 7 in this one, but I really think the Colts will be focused and come out tough tomorrow in this one! Personally, I don't think this is a good game to be betting on... I don't predict scores, but I'll say the Colts by 10 tomorrow...

I have 6 contest cards, and I figured I could put that upset on one of them.

IWishIWasRich
    IWishIWasRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have Colts-7 and Steelers-9 in a parlay, bet these earlier in the week.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    I have 6 contest cards, and I figured I could put that upset on one of them.
    Fair enough my friend, fair enough...

Good Luck tomorrow except on the card that you have the Titans!

bradleysnyder
    bradleysnyder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

i have $100 free dinner on the forum if the titans can hold within 7.im number 1 on this weeks beat the prick leader board as of now.GO TITANS

EJandV
    EJandV's Avatar Become A Pro!

I remember last years game played at tenn when it looked like Manning was trying to let them win/cover , play by play I still see it . Titans won 20 - 17 , same spread .
    When they played in indy in oct which came before the titans win , the colts won 14 - 13 as 17 pt favs all the way up to 19 pt favs before gametime .
    Colts win by a pt at home as 17 pts favs would make one question ..................... what ? ooh yeah no sanders on d ?
    Just because I like the frickin dog the colts will win by 10 .
    My judgement is clouded here really because I had saints + 6 in the first game when the mighty fav colts destroyed them playing playground long bomb lucky strike td td , another one ? ( will they hit those lucky long passes at tenn ? )
    I am staying with the home team plus the td .
    Last edited by EJandV; 09-16-07 at 01:04 AM.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

We ph33r Vince Young's backdoor abilities.

EJandV
    EJandV's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah if the question is will the titans be able to stay in this game it is all on how vince performs , good blocking , then its on !

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by babaoriley View Post
    I'm going to try it this way:

Teaser 1
    Pittsburgh -3.00
    Tennessee +14.00

Teaser 2
    Chicago -5
    Tennessee +14.00

swifty
    swifty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Indianapolis Colts (1-0) at Tennessee Titans (1-0)
    Line: Colts by 7. Total: 45.5.
    Swifty's Projected Line (Before Week 1): Colts -10.
    Swifty's Projected Line (After Week 1): Colts -9.

The Game. Edge: Colts.
    Injuries: TITANS: OUT: WR David Givens, CB Pacman Jones.

You know that Peyton Manning DirecTV commercial, the one where he's playing the Titans, up 28-3, and talks about how you could be watching his brother play the Giants instead of this blowout? That came out last year, and everyone on Tennessee's roster was so angry that the team covered both times it played the Colts in 2006. Meanwhile, LaDainian Tomlinson was recently featured in an ad where he ran past the Bears and scored a touchdown. Is it a coincidence that he couldn't find any running lanes last week? If I were an NFL player, I'd create my own commercial where I just boast about how great an opposing athlete is. Actually, if I were an NFL player, I'd take the millions, retire and join Ricky Williams on a hazed tour around the world.

When Indianapolis played the Titans the first time last season, I said the Manning should just bring his beach towel and sun-tan lotion to the game, and relax outside while his defense is on the field. I couldn't have been more off; Manning was 20-of-31 for 166 yards, two touchdowns and a pick. In the second meeting, Manning threw for 351 yards, but also had two interceptions. I don't know how, but Tennessee just seems to have an answer for Manning. Given that the Titans contained Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew to just 3.7 yards per carry, I think they'll be able to do a solid job against Joseph Addai, forcing Manning into long-yardage situations. Manning typically converts those, so I'm not saying Indianapolis will be held to less than 20 points. I just can't see that offense putting up 41 again.

In Tennessee's two covers over Indianapolis last year, the former literally ran over the latter; Travis Henry and Vince Young combined for 337 rushing yards. The Colts have completely revamped their defense, but as we witnessed Chris Brown compile 175 yards last week, the Titans can run on anyone because Young's scrambling ability is too much for opponents to handle. If you question that reasoning, just look at how well the Falcons ran the ball with Michael Vick under center. Plus, after hearing about how well they did against the Saints in the opener, the Colts could be flat.

The spread is right on point; Indianapolis is about a touchdown better than Tennessee on the road. However, what that line doesn't take into account is the fact that all Young does is win, and more importantly, cover football games. That's why he's 11-3 against the spread in his career. There's no way I'm going against him, especially in an underdog role.

The Trends. Edge: Titans.
    History: Colts have won 7 of the last 8 meetings (Titans 2-0 ATS in 2006).
    Divisional Dog of Seven: Current coaches are 41-29 ATS as divisional dogs of 7+ since 2002 (Jeff Fisher 3-4).
    ESPN Kiss of Death: Teams that receive eight of nine votes from the ESPN Experts were 17-36 ATS in 2006.
    Colts are 23-15 ATS on the road under Tony Dungy.
    Peyton Manning is 17-11 ATS as a road favorite since 2001.
    Vince Young is 9-5 as a starter (11-3 ATS).
    Opening Line: Colts -9.
    Opening Total: 46.5.
    Weather: Sunny, 80 degrees. Light wind.

Prediction:

Colts 24, Titans 21
    Titans +7 (2 Units - Money Pick)
    Under 45.5 (1 Unit)

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm taking the points and Tenn, no teaser straight play.