eglickman
    eglickman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Falcons (+10.5) vs Jaguars (-10.5)

What do you all think about Falcons (+10.5)?

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

10.5 points is a lot of points in the NFL, but the Falcons are BAD with a capital B. It's a stay away game for me.

shrax4
    shrax4's Avatar Become A Pro!

I played the Falcons. The Titans ran all over the Jags last week, and I think the Falcons will do the same. They won't win but should make it a close game.

Benson17
    Benson17's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wouldn't touch this game either.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

There's no way to take the Falcons, unless you simply don't believe the Jags should ever be double digit favorites. The Falcons went from mediocre to terrible after losing Vick & Shaub. If they played in the AFC, I'd have them on the clock. They are probably the worst team in the NFL strictly based on overall talent. Yes, worse than Cleveland, much worse.

EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

ALL good points and the Jags where seen as a good team BUT the falcons can run it which might well be the weekness of the jags.

I am thinking about this at 10.5

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by EGGY6199 View Post
    ALL good points and the Jags where seen as a good team BUT the falcons can run it which might well be the weekness of the jags.

I am thinking about this at 10.5
    If I'm the Jags, I make Joey beat me. Put 8 in the box, take away the run and say throw to beat me it if you can.

I was surprised by the Jags poor showing last week. But don't mistake Atlanta for Tennessee. And don't mistake Joey Harrington for Vince Young. And don't mistake Bobby (I wish I was still at Louisville) Petrino for Jeff Fisher.

Atlanta may cover 10.5, but I just think there are better bets out there to be made this weekend.

GL to all who venture out on the Falcons! (I think you may need it). Del Rio will be pissed. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jags bury the Falcons this weekend.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

One thing going for the Falcons backers is that the Jags run very hot and very cold all the way back to last season. One game they play like champs, the next game they'll play like chumps. Which Jags will show up? If the chumps show up, the Falcons may cover. How do you know?

SFink
    SFink's Avatar Become A Pro!

I too look forward to a big game for all 4 rb's in this one.. which will make it a low scoring game and keep the falcons to within 10...

Id say somethin like a 20-13 win for the Jags..

stump
    stump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

i can't see atlanta scoring more than 10 pts in this game, so i would have a hard time taking the pts, that being said, can't lay 10 with jax, no play for me