DJC81
    DJC81's Avatar Become A Pro!

My Views on Week 2

Buffalo@Pittsburgh
    If you can still get the Steelers -9.5 grab it(i have).
    Buffalo gave up 299yrds through the air and 171yrd on the ground against Denver, Pittsburgh at home will be too strong for the Bills.

Cincinnati@Cleveland
    Cincinnati -6.5 seems too good to be true dont worry about that just take it!!
    Cleveland only gave up 159yrds through the air against the Steelers but they gave up 206yrds on the ground. The Bengals have too many weapons on offence for Cleveland. The only worry is if Brady Quinn comes into the game and gives the Browns a lift but if he does end up coming in it will probably be because the Browns are getting crushed and then it wont matter.

Indianapolis@Tennessee
    This could be a tricky one the numbers been coming down all week it started at -9 its now at -7 that should tell you something if it hits -6.5 jump on it otherwise be carefull the Colts have had some trouble against this type of QB in the past. Colts ML

Houston@Carolina
    The Texans got the win last week against a very poor Chiefs team the numbers weren't that great and they should find it alot tougher against alot of peoples outside pick for the NFC championship the Panthers. Take Carolina -6.5

San Francisco@St Louis
    My advice stay well clear of this game you just never know what the Rams are gonna do! If i had to pick i'd take 49ers +3.5 mainly because of Frank Gore and that shocking Rams run defence.

Green Bay@NY Giants
    This is a tough game to call the Packers dont look anything special and the Giants are really struggling with injuries. I think the Giants might just edge it at home, at the moment you can get them at +1 take it and hope they hold on for a close win or that Manning makes a miraculous recovery (then you should be fine).

Atlanta@Jacksonville
    Atlanta look a really poor team this year but Jacksonville didnt impress against the Titans either, I think 10.5 is too much to give up even to a team like Atlanta. Falcons +10.5

New Orleans@Tampa Bay
    -3.5 are they serious the Saints should take this by atleast 7 points(probably more). The number is all down to the game against the Colts last week but dont write off the Saints because of that result, the Colts will do that to alot of teams this year and the Saints will bonce back strongly here.
    Saints -3.5

Minnesota@Detroit
    Too close to call this game both had wins against poor teams in week one. If you have take take someone take Detroit ML but in my opinion stay well clear of this game.

Dallas@Miami
    Another one that seems too good to be true Dallas -3.5 really!! They've got way too much offence for Miami. Take Dallas -3.5 and Over 39 points aswell(bonus pick for you).

Seattle@Arizona
    In my opinion another close one i think this will come down to the running game Alexander vs James, Alexander should come out on top. Take Seattle ML

NY Jets@Baltimore
    Baltimore should be too strong for the Jets, I'll hold off final judgement untill we know if Pennington will play or not, If he doesnt back the Ravens strongly.

Oakland@Denver
    Oakland gave up 38 points to the Lions last week, Jay Cutler looked impressive throwing for 300yrds against the Bills and leading them to a 4th quarter victory. Take Broncos -10

Kansas City@Chicago
    Chicago will win this game even if the defence has to do it on its own and with Grossman as QB they might just have to. Take Chicago -12 and hope Grossman doesnt throw too many interceptions!!

San Diego@New England
    Wow what a match up!! I'm leaning towards the Chargers in this game they just look so strong on both sides of the ball and i think they'll find a way to win alot of close games this season I'm taking the Chargers ML but i find it really hard to bet against Brady and the Patriots.

Washington@Philadelphia
    The Eagles will win this game they cant afford to go to 0-2. I wasnt impressed with them against the Packers but they will have enough in this game. If you can get it take Eagles -6.5 otherwise take Eagles ML

Would like to hear what you all think about my views and picks for week 2.

Sundram
    Sundram's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Reply to week 2 picks

I like your calls & analysis DJC, but I would rather take the points plus the Chargers, rather than the money line. This should be a close one. I have the feeling that Miami & Arizona are capable of pulling upsets in their home openers, so would stay away from those. Dallas sounds too obvious!
    Sundram
    Last edited by Sundram; 09-12-07 at 02:44 PM.

DoctorX79
    DoctorX79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

Also i think the pats will beat the spread.probably something like a TD

DJC81
    DJC81's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for the replies, I think the Patriots vs Chargers is one of the hardest games i've ever tried to pick a winner for, I can make really good points why i think either of the teams could win but i stuck my neck out and went for one. The Chargers +3.5 would be the safer option but i just think they might steal one here, i'm not putting any of my own money on it like i said its to close for me to feel good about the bet.

Redchevy
    Redchevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5697

I think NE rolls here at home season opener and covers easily by DD.