imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Let's discuss Dallas -3 vs Miami

On the surface Dallas -3 looks outstanding.

Any thoughts to help myself and any others here looking at this one?

Cowboys are a good road team, I'm basically throwing out the home field in my capping of this one.

Thoughts?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I posted this in another thread ... I think the line is mostly based on two factors:

1. Despite the 45 pt outburst, questions will be out about Dallas because the Giants D couldn't have stopped a Division III college team and this is the Cowboys first roadie on the season.

2. Big questions about the Dallas defense. They lost their anchor up front on Jason Ferguson and their top corner Terrence Newman remains a question mark if he can play or not. The defense looks very susceptible to the deep ball against this year.

As far as capping this, I think this opened low to get a ton of action on Dallas because they know alot of people watched the Sunday nighter and all they will remember is the 45 pts. The Dolphins aren't slouches on D, so I expect some struggles for the Dallas O this week. Offensively, Miami isn't a juggeraut, but if they can run the ball - that will set up play action deep to Chambers.

I'm probably in the minority, but I think this could be a sucker play. I won't be touching the game myself. I'd expect the line to jump a couple points when the heavy money starts rolling in on people trying to take advantage of Dallas -3.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did anyone watch the Dolphin game? I mean, actually watch it??? They'll get killed. Period. Lay the 3 immediately. The Phins D may be a step up from New York, but they just lost starting safety Bell for the remainder of the year, and their DB's are waaay subpar. The Phins had 8 INT's last year despite teams being forced to throw because of the Taylor/Thomas/Crowder run D. Oh, and taylor tied for the team lead in INT's with 2. T.O. and Crayton (and Witten) will have field days against this D, and the MB III/Julius Jones combo will be efficient enough to move the chains. Chambers will be prioritized (highly focused on) on DB assignments and the chatman/Brown platoon does nothing for me. Also, playing in Miami isn't as bad as your typical road game. I'd be more worried if they were going to Arrowhead to play an even crappier KC team. -3 is a gift and I, for one, will take it--no questions asked. Oh, and between Smoot dropping a Green pass that hit him in the hands and the overall lack of offense against a porous run D in Wash, I'd say the Phins were damn lucky to escape that game only losing by 3.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

you better not use the term "sucker bet" with imgv....he hates it

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sweet. I love feeling hated, it's much better than being loved. LoL.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

In summation: roll with this at -3. It will go higher and for good reason. I already pounded it.

austintx05

I hate to bet on an overreaction, but Miami's O Line is horrible and Dallas' D Line is good and they should be able to get a pass rush on Trent Green...lean boyz myself

awatkins011
    awatkins011's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bad feeling about picking the boys for week 2. Ill sit back and watch this one. GL to all backers though.

austintx05

this is a letdown spot for Dallas, which is why the line is low....without Newman this team has some problems in pass coverage

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Ship it. Take Dallas -3.

Bigcrank23
    Bigcrank23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not a Miami fan...but I live here and have been to many Dolphins games. They have no home field advantage at all. Everyone game I have been to the crowd has been atleast 50/50 if not more fans for the road team. With there being so many bandwagon Dallas fans out there, this will almost feel like a home game for them. I say lay the -3 with dallas. OH BY THE WAY, HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9462

I like Miami in this spot. Miami at least will play some defense, so it should be around a 20-17 type of score. I'll take the home dog.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    I like Miami in this spot. Miami at least will play some defense, so it should be around a 20-17 type of score. I'll take the home dog.
    No, the Cowboys should blow them out but what should happen is not what always happens.