bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think LT is gonna have a sub-par season this year

I feel sorry for people who took LT #1 over all. Tomlinson only rushed for 25 yards today. Now grant it he caught 7 balls for 51 yards, but thats not the type of numbers you want with a #1 pick over all in your league.

I know it's only one game and all, but Norv Turner will not utilize him right this year at all, and fans will be begging Marty to comeback.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Don't forget he was trying to rush against one of the best defenses in the NFL. I wouldn't worry just yet about LT.

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nah.. I think LT will be alright. It's only the first game of the season.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    I feel sorry for people who took LT #1 over all. Tomlinson only rushed for 25 yards today. Now grant it he caught 7 balls for 51 yards, but thats not the type of numbers you want with a #1 pick over all in your league.

I know it's only one game and all, but Norv Turner will not utilize him right this year at all, and fans will be begging Marty to comeback.
    The Bears' front 7 is insane. Very few backs will put up big numbers against the Bears. No shame in only rushing for 25 yards against Chicago. LT will be fine.

EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

He also played QB and got a TD.

I agree with the above and would also add he would have been a bit rusty 1st half and will only get better.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

BBD,

You're talking fantasy stats, right? Didn't LT have 1 TD pass & 1 TD run? That's fine stats in fantasy football. Any RB playing against the Chicago D is going to have diminished stats. You're being very tough on the reigning NFL MVP.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

LT (the other LT...LOL) did not play the entire preseason, so he was getting his first game action of the year against one of the best run defenses in history (no exagerration). He will be fine and no doubt rebound with another monster year.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    LT (the other LT...LOL) did not play the entire preseason, so he was getting his first game action of the year against one of the best run defenses in history (no exagerration). He will be fine and no doubt rebound with another monster year.
    HaHa I thought he was talking about you LT when I saw the headline. LOL

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut
    HaHa I thought he was talking about you LT when I saw the headline. LOL
    I still think he must be talking about the 'other LT,' either that or Dan got a new supply of magic mushrooms in. No way he's predicting a sub-par year for LaDainian Tomlinson based almost solely on rushing yardage in the first week, is he?

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

hmmm... Norv Turner utilized Emmit Smith alright if you ask me.

moneyplays
    moneyplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, first of all a good RB still needs solid blocking to make things happen. Also, the whole game Chicago respected the run and stacked 8 in the box. They left the passing game open and thats why LT was able to throw a wide open TD. He still scored 27.28 pts in my fantasy league. Not too shabby. I see him exploding towards the third game of the season.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

A Healthy Bears Defense has made a lot of big name backs look average. Expect LT to have a big game next week..

moneyplays

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    A Healthy Bears Defense has made a lot of big name backs look average. Expect LT to have a big game next week..
    Personally, I think next game is too early. NE will be able to contain him albeit not as well as CHI but, I don't see him having a 'big' game until the third game of the season. I can't wait for this one!

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

All this talk about LT missing preseason, fair points. But does everyone remember that he sat out last preseason, and went on to have a monster record breaking year?

moneyplays

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    All this talk about LT missing preseason, fair points. But does everyone remember that he sat out last preseason, and went on to have a monster record breaking year?
    Sitting out preseason is the smart thing to do. You don't get paid and its just not worth getting hurt. Anyone that thinks otherwise, is not very bright. If you are a solid player and you continue to stay conditioned then there is no reason to subject yourself to injury prior to the season opener. Just doesn't make any sense.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by moneyplays View Post
    Sitting out preseason is the smart thing to do. You don't get paid and its just not worth getting hurt. Anyone that thinks otherwise, is not very bright. If you are a solid player and you continue to stay conditioned then there is no reason to subject yourself to injury prior to the season opener. Just doesn't make any sense.
    Why would any starter play in the preseason, then? There is some value to conditioning & establishing timing, etc. Granted, a player like LT might be a notable example of a player you don't want taking too many meaningless snaps, especially after the Clinton Portis freak injury last preseason. There are valid points to both sides of this argument.

A good franchise should be able to moderate & mediate preseason "injury exposure" to the key players. I can't fault LT for putting his career health in his own hands rather than letting the Chargers franchise decide what amount of preseason snaps are reasonable for him. I'm assuming that's essentially what's going on here.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

On pace for 32 total TD's. Just sayin.

Hemlock21
    Hemlock21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 606

u must be joking right?

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

don't forget LT didn't top 100 yds last year in weeks 2-7, and then had 9 straight huge games

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just got back from San Diego. LT's biggest problem may be the new coaching staff. From the local newspaper:

"Please don't tell me that we have to watch this talented team of football players run twice, throw once, and punt all year. The Chargers were so predictable that the Bears could have been calling the plays. This is worse that Martyball."

bigboydan

Looking like my thoughts were right on the money thus far.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Looking like my thoughts were right on the money thus far.
    LT has 80 something yards this year rushing.

But remember that year Barry Sanders won the MVP, his first two games total was 53 I think it was (the experts were saying he no longer had it), and he ended up rushing for 2000 the next 14 games. Ending up with 2053 rushing yards.

LT has faced two tough defenses this year so far, he will get going.
    Last edited by onlooker; 09-21-07 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Corrected Barry's stats.

jonmic
    jonmic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9062

a long season, too early to tell

Bigcrank23
    Bigcrank23's Avatar Become A Pro!

even if you take away 400 rushing yards and 10 TDs from last year and he goes for 1400 w/18 TDs this year, not to mention his recieving yards, those would still be great fantasy #s for a RB. Dont think he will come close to last year, but who thought that he would....it was a record breaking year. I would still like to have him on my team

bigboydan

Yet another bad outting for LT today. 22 rushes for 62 yard with no TD's.

How many more games do you guys give him before realizing he's not going to live up to the hype this year?

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll give LT one more game. But definitely concerned.

bigboydan

Boy he's looking bad this year.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think teams keying on him more, he is still good. I think he will bust out.

SD still in hunt

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I think teams keying on him more, he is still good. I think he will bust out.

SD still in hunt
    Are my eyes deceiving me? JJ posting in a forum other than the "Players Talk" section?

This has to be a first.