DoctorX79
    DoctorX79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

need best parlay possible

Ok i want to play a parlay 3 teams.. what is the best bet possible for next sunday games?
    Thx for your help guys!

jrcaces
    jrcaces's Avatar Become A Pro!

teaser is better and I would go

steelers
    patriots
    chargers

Benson17
    Benson17's Avatar Become A Pro!

Parlays are not the right way to go.

Stick with straight wagers.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

6 point teaser: SD and SEA. Easy Money. And I agree, unless you're playing a small bet, then go with the straight wagers. If you're looking at a small wager, then go with your parlay. In that case, I like SD, Pitt, and Sea.

Ted Stickle
    Ted Stickle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Got Colts from last night and Texans on Sunday in my teaser. I like Texans Jags and Pats in a 3 team this Sunday.

White_Tiger
    White_Tiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

If you only play 3 teams parlay you'll not last long in NFL. I would highly suggest you bet 3 straight games instead of 3teams parlay there.

GL.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by White_Tiger View Post
    If you only play 3 teams parlay you'll not last long in NFL. I would highly suggest you bet 3 straight games instead of 3teams parlay there.

GL.
    Or Round Robin your parlays (1&2), (1&3), (2&3) and play the games straight as well... I'll throw in a casual 3 team parlay on occasion but only if I'm up and it's a small wager.

jonmic
    jonmic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9062

Stay away from the parlays, play it straight up instead

sportsmaster
    sportsmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pitts Seattle and Philly

1greatcapper07
    1greatcapper07's Avatar Become A Pro!

Round Robin is the way to go.

swifty
    swifty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Prediction:
    Falcons 24, Vikings 16
    Falcons +3 (5 Units - Double Money Pick)
    Over 35.5 (1 Unit)

Prediction:
    Bills 17, Broncos 16
    Bills +3 (3 Units - Money Pick)
    Under 37 (.5 Units)

Prediction:
    Steelers 27, Browns 7
    Steelers -4.5 (3 Units - Money Pick)
    Under 37 (.5 Units)

bigdog3580
    bigdog3580's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Giants, Bengals, 49ers-Cards-over

Art Vandeleigh
    Art Vandeleigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

The decision to bet 3 games straight up at 3.3 units (adjust for the juice you pay) to hopefully sweep and win 3 units vs. a 3 game parlay at 0.5 unit to win 3 units isn't so straightforward IMO.

If you win all 3 games, you make the same amount, + 3 units.

If you win 2 out of 3, you make +0.9 units on your straight bets vs. -0.5 units parlay.

If you win 1 out of 3 games, you are -1.2 units straight vs. -0.5 units parlay.

If you go 0-3, you are a disastorous -3.3 units staright vs. -0.5 units parlay.

So the only scenario that's better playing 3 games straight is hitting 2 of 3.

I think it comes down to how much it would affect your handicapping and your bankroll management should you lose all 3 games.

Every couple of weeks, someone posts a dramatic thread on the main section of the forum on how they need to take a break for awhile. I doubt it's because they're winning too much. I'm pretty sure it's because they've had a really bad streak of straight wagers gone sour.

I'm playing NE -6
    StL/Car over 43
    Pitt/Cle over 36 1/2

If I don't hit it, they can all lose for all I care.
    Last edited by Art Vandeleigh; 09-08-07 at 05:29 PM.

cartay
    cartay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

The Pats, Seahawks and Chargers are going to be involved in a boatload of teasers on Sunday - which probably means at least one them will blow up

MOONCRICKET
    MOONCRICKET's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

opportunity knocks

the start of any betting season whether it it be ncaafb/bb, nfl, or baseball seems to offer such a tremendous opportunity to take advantage of overzealous fans (the average 50-100 player) whose opinion is very strong since they dont yet have 6 weeks of getting hammered under their belts yet. i always look for dogs early in the year and more specifically i look for lines like pitt -4' dropping to -4 in the midst of 99% of the betting public loving the steelers. so 99 small players bet pittsburgh for $50 thinking that cleveland stinks, has no qb, and pitt loks certain to turn things around this year, but its the one guy in vegas who just bet $10k on cleveland that counters the $4950 just bet on pittsburgh (99x$50) that drops the line a half point and you get pittsburgh -4 now and wonder how the heck did that happen - everyone loves pittsburgh right?? every thread in this forum seems to have the steelers as a BEST BET yet the line is actually moving the other way. now i dont know if it will be jamal lewis ball control, with i little play action to winslow sprinked in and a braylan edwards bomb or 2 as a cherry on top, or if it will be turnovers, special teams heroics or phil dawson kicking 6 field goals, but mark nmy words somehow someway CLEVELAND WILL COVER. later in the year come week 7 the betting public has usually had it handed to them and their voice isnt so loud plus lines get tighter and opportunities like this are fewer and farther between. most everyone is loving denver, seattle, pittsburgh and ST louis this week. these ar 90% betting public consensus plays. in my beat the prick contest entry i used akron +33 ( covered losing 20-2 vs OHIO ST) and 3 nfl plays cleve +4', buff +3, and tampabay +6. all 3 nfl plays' lines are moving toward the dog with the betting public fixated on the favorite, which is my reasoning for following the few who bet giant on the dog vs. the many who bet tiny on the favorite. now who the hell knows until the games are final, but this is and always has been my betting strategy and ive had success year in year out with it. the time i shave run into big trouble is when i amp up my bets as the season progresses rather than cut back or when i bet 3 and 4 team parlays to which i am the absolut eking of going 2-1 or 3-1 respectively winning 70-80% of my games for the week and still reloading my account 5 times during the week. straight bets are the ONLY way to go my friend with , if you must, a $20 4 teamer for kicks, but the parlays will kill you so its time to determine if you just want to be an action junkie and live with losing every year chalking it up to the loser's mentality of "hey, i spent the money as entertainment" or if you want to get serious about making money betting larger amounts on straight bets early in seasons. it is so important to clearly define to yourself who it that you want to be in the betting world and what your goals are lest you get the Malachi Crunch around week seven and lick your wounds for a month only to pawn your vcr to get a $20 7 teamer going during bowl season. PS i used to work for a sport service i know what goes on behind the scenes - if you pay one you are making a big mistake. if anyone wants insider details on just ask and i will give you a tell all. so its cleve/buf/tb in the nfl week 1. happy hunting, and if you must parlay these then you might as well make it a money line parlay which should pay about 14 to 1, but i never recommend parlays.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cartay View Post
    The Pats, Seahawks and Chargers are going to be involved in a boatload of teasers on Sunday - which probably means at least one them will blow up
    That is so true !!!! great observation there SIR

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MOONCRICKET View Post
    the start of any betting season whether it it be ncaafb/bb, nfl, or baseball seems to offer such a tremendous opportunity to take advantage of overzealous fans (the average 50-100 player) whose opinion is very strong since they dont yet have 6 weeks of getting hammered under their belts yet. i always look for dogs early in the year and more specifically i look for lines like pitt -4' dropping to -4 in the midst of 99% of the betting public loving the steelers. so 99 small players bet pittsburgh for $50 thinking that cleveland stinks, has no qb, and pitt loks certain to turn things around this year, but its the one guy in vegas who just bet $10k on cleveland that counters the $4950 just bet on pittsburgh (99x$50) that drops the line a half point and you get pittsburgh -4 now and wonder how the heck did that happen - everyone loves pittsburgh right?? every thread in this forum seems to have the steelers as a BEST BET yet the line is actually moving the other way. now i dont know if it will be jamal lewis ball control, with i little play action to winslow sprinked in and a braylan edwards bomb or 2 as a cherry on top, or if it will be turnovers, special teams heroics or phil dawson kicking 6 field goals, but mark nmy words somehow someway CLEVELAND WILL COVER. later in the year come week 7 the betting public has usually had it handed to them and their voice isnt so loud plus lines get tighter and opportunities like this are fewer and farther between. most everyone is loving denver, seattle, pittsburgh and ST louis this week. these ar 90% betting public consensus plays. in my beat the prick contest entry i used akron +33 ( covered losing 20-2 vs OHIO ST) and 3 nfl plays cleve +4', buff +3, and tampabay +6. all 3 nfl plays' lines are moving toward the dog with the betting public fixated on the favorite, which is my reasoning for following the few who bet giant on the dog vs. the many who bet tiny on the favorite. now who the hell knows until the games are final, but this is and always has been my betting strategy and ive had success year in year out with it. the time i shave run into big trouble is when i amp up my bets as the season progresses rather than cut back or when i bet 3 and 4 team parlays to which i am the absolut eking of going 2-1 or 3-1 respectively winning 70-80% of my games for the week and still reloading my account 5 times during the week. straight bets are the ONLY way to go my friend with , if you must, a $20 4 teamer for kicks, but the parlays will kill you so its time to determine if you just want to be an action junkie and live with losing every year chalking it up to the loser's mentality of "hey, i spent the money as entertainment" or if you want to get serious about making money betting larger amounts on straight bets early in seasons. it is so important to clearly define to yourself who it that you want to be in the betting world and what your goals are lest you get the Malachi Crunch around week seven and lick your wounds for a month only to pawn your vcr to get a $20 7 teamer going during bowl season. PS i used to work for a sport service i know what goes on behind the scenes - if you pay one you are making a big mistake. if anyone wants insider details on just ask and i will give you a tell all. so its cleve/buf/tb in the nfl week 1. happy hunting, and if you must parlay these then you might as well make it a money line parlay which should pay about 14 to 1, but i never recommend parlays.
    Hey mooncricket you sound just like my buddy EJandV ?

MOONCRICKET
    MOONCRICKET's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

not sure who ejandv is but if he's good then you must be right. a little pun from the old school - rmember the ali/cossell interview when cossell called ali truculent, and ali's priceless reply was well howard i dont know what truculuent is but if its good then i'm it. look y'all im damn sure no "expert" i'd be driving a lambo right now if i never started gambling back in high school, but whenever the worrld loves a side and the line still goes the other way i would bet anyone one of my last few pennies that public loses that game somewhere near 75-80% or more of the time. which is why one of my 3 dogs might just get waxed. i'll go 3-1 for the weekend and make no money if i was betting a parlay, so being a deep six figures in the gambling abyss has weathered me a bit -- to the point of having actual patience as i crawl into year 33 of my schizo/neurotic/self-seeking/ego-filled/multiple binge/self-destructo life. most people just hope to live another day. i jst want to hang over the edge for one more hour.

Dirty D
    Dirty D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

MoonCricket,
    I have an old man at my deercamp that taught me that as well. HE has been cut off from every bookie around town because he pounds them every year.

I was just a dumb gambling sports addict college fella when i asked him what his secret is.

He said that he bets a little heavier against any spread that looks to good to be true. That little piece of advice has turned me into a winner from a inconsistent loser.

However, he bets parlays. He bets nearly every game on Sundays and he bets a straight bet on the side and total and then parlays them together.

That post was a nice contribution...

Peace,
    Ryan

armyoflovers
    Robyn + 3.5 men
    armyoflovers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandeleigh View Post
    The decision to bet 3 games straight up at 3.3 units (adjust for the juice you pay) to hopefully sweep and win 3 units vs. a 3 game parlay at 0.5 unit to win 3 units isn't so straightforward IMO.

If you win all 3 games, you make the same amount, + 3 units.

If you win 2 out of 3, you make +0.9 units on your straight bets vs. -0.5 units parlay.

If you win 1 out of 3 games, you are -1.2 units straight vs. -0.5 units parlay.

If you go 0-3, you are a disastorous -3.3 units staright vs. -0.5 units parlay.

So the only scenario that's better playing 3 games straight is hitting 2 of 3.

I think it comes down to how much it would affect your handicapping and your bankroll management should you lose all 3 games.

Every couple of weeks, someone posts a dramatic thread on the main section of the forum on how they need to take a break for awhile. I doubt it's because they're winning too much. I'm pretty sure it's because they've had a really bad streak of straight wagers gone sour.

I'm playing NE -6
    StL/Car over 43
    Pitt/Cle over 36 1/2

If I don't hit it, they can all lose for all I care.

Man this is so fuucking true, I share your sentiments exactly. 3 team parlays are small enough to actually hit and have a nice-sized payout. Flatbetting three games and losing them all sucks more units out of you then laying less on a 3 team parlay. And I always feel I can isolate three lines and play them.

Bottom line, it really depends on your bankroll. If your flush with cash then flatbets might be the way to go but if youre strapped for cash, taking a flyer on a 3-4 team parlay can boost your capital in a hurry.

DoctorX79
    DoctorX79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

Thats greats advices... Thanx for your help guys..
    Im playing 2 parlay

Pits
    SD
    Cowboys

and BC (cfl)
    Pits
    SD

EJandV
    EJandV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Was a nice piece mooncricket , week 1 just happened to be common sense result with the favs winning 12 - 4 su and 9 - 5 ats with 2 pushes . The favs you mentioned being to good to be true steelers was one happened to be good in a no contest but yes just when you think it is easy like that with the big public loving favs they will crash and burn. There was in fact one week in the nfl last year when all the favs won su in week 5 >>> 14 - 0 favs ruled . ATS is was 9 - 3 with 2 pushes . Of course this may vary depening on the line at the time and where someone wagered , but is precise generally speaking . Last year ATS results in the NFL on my paper were as follows : week 1 : 10 - 6 dogs rocked . week 2 : 10-6 favs way . week 3 : 10 - 3 dogs dominated. week 4 : 8 - 6 favs edge . week 5 : 9 - 3 favs rocked and went 14 - 0 su . week 6 : 10 - 3 dogs dominated . week 7 : 8 - 4 dogs crushed week 8 : 8 - 6 favs edge week 9 : 9 - 5 dogs hurt the fav lovers week 10 : 11 - 4 dogs made it look like there is no such thing as a fav week 11 : favs edge 9 - 7 week 12 : 10 - 6 favs way . week 13 : 12 - 3 dogs made fav sports investors wonder why they were even born . week 14 : 9 - 7 dogs edge . week 15 : ahhh 8 - 8 my balance theory at it most perfect state . week 16 : 14 - 2 dogs make the parity in the nfl philosopher a rich man . week 17 : 9 - 6 dogs . NOTE : this was 2006 and in no way directly has anything to do with 2007 nfl , to use a sweet slang truth saying these days >>>> IT IS WHAT IT IS .

moneyplays
    moneyplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you want a 3 team parlay that will win:

Saints
    Bengals
    Cowboys

If you want a three team teaser:

Steelers
    Bears
    Broncos

I wouldn't touch the SD/NE game. I'm betting these above btw

jonmic
    jonmic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9062

**** parlays do it straight up

moneyplays
    moneyplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree. He asked I delivered.

sportsmaster

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want a 3 team parlay that will win:

Saints
    Bengals
    Cowboys

If you want a three team teaser:

Steelers
    Bears
    Broncos

Great Picks!!

sportsmaster

Quote Originally Posted by moneyplays View Post