Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

NFL Week 1

Hey guys... Been off for a while, but I'm fired up for a great NFL season! Was just looking over some week 1 lines and had a few thoughts...

Houston -2.5
    Have been very impressed with the play of Schaub in the pre-season... Houston defense has another year of experience and they should be a lot better this year... Chiefs just flat out suck this year, no talent and I don't think they will be competitive...

Cowboys -4.5
    Dallas should be jacked up for this one... Sunday Night game, opening week of the season @ home vs. the dreaded Giants... I have seen a little bit of the Boys in the pre-season and Romo looks like he is gaining confidence with every game! Cowboys D will be fired up and we all know how well ELI plays in loud atmospheres! Think Dallas wins this one easily...

Other leans...
    San Diego -5.5
    Jacksonville -6.5
    49ers -3
    Rams +1

Would love to hear feedback on those games and any others you might have a strong lean on! Let's get off to a strong start this season!

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't really agree with your Dallas pick, but GL

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Good luck P2M, the Chiefs are just god awful, so I'd lean toward Houston myself.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

I'm leaning towards:

Buffalo +3.5
    Oakland -1
    Cleveland +4
    Jets +6

Peyton2MarvinN06

Quote Originally Posted by austintx05 View Post
    Don't really agree with your Dallas pick, but GL
    Austin, what makes you think that the G-Men will pose a threat to the Boys in this one bud? They very well might, I just think that Dallas will come out strong and try to get everyone's thoughts of the botched hold last year in the playoffs off their minds! This is a classic example of 2 teams that are going in completely opposite directions for this season! I think Dallas will challenge Philly for the NFC East crown and win around 10 or 11 games... The Giants will be lucky, LUCKY, to win 7 games this year, IMO!

Just a few reasons why the Giants will suck this season...
    1. Eli Manning is still their QB
    2. Barber is out @ RB
    3. Petitgout is gone from their OL
    4. Shockey is a huge baby, Amani Toomer is older than dirt, Plexiglass is good, but is a cry baby as well.

I just don't see the Giants winning more than 6 or 7 games this season...

Anyone else like Dallas in this one or am I out in right field? I just think this is a mismatch. Thoughts???

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Good luck P2M, but I will be taking at least the first week of the NFL off.

Peyton2MarvinN06

Hey guys, have been looking @ a couple other games over the last week or so...

I'm liking the Steelers -4 @ Cleveland... The Browns QB situation is a disaster and I don't think the Browns will slow down the Willie Parker show... If WORTHLESSburger can run the O and not throw picks, I think the Steelers cruise in this one... Anyone else?

Also, I like the Vikings -3 @ home vs. Atlanta... The Vikings D should be tough on Harrington and company in this one with the loud dome! I think the combo of Taylor and Peterson can run the ball effectively enough that Jackson won't have to throw it a whole lot... At even money or better, I think I will lay the 3 in this one...

shrax4
    shrax4's Avatar Become A Pro!

With you on Houston and Steelers. Against you on that STL game, I really think Carolina rebounds this year and starts it off with a win. Leaning 49ers.

JAHgger4noz
    JAHgger4noz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06 View Post
    Austin, what makes you think that the G-Men will pose a threat to the Boys in this one bud? They very well might, I just think that Dallas will come out strong and try to get everyone's thoughts of the botched hold last year in the playoffs off their minds! This is a classic example of 2 teams that are going in completely opposite directions for this season! I think Dallas will challenge Philly for the NFC East crown and win around 10 or 11 games... The Giants will be lucky, LUCKY, to win 7 games this year, IMO!

Just a few reasons why the Giants will suck this season...
    1. Eli Manning is still their QB
    2. Barber is out @ RB
    3. Petitgout is gone from their OL
    4. Shockey is a huge baby, Amani Toomer is older than dirt, Plexiglass is good, but is a cry baby as well.

I just don't see the Giants winning more than 6 or 7 games this season...

Anyone else like Dallas in this one or am I out in right field? I just think this is a mismatch. Thoughts???

Life After Tiki.....
    I think Eli will know how important it is to have a quality RB by his side and he'll be without one in Week 1. Then the soap opera starts.
    Is there such a thing of mismatches in Week 1? A division Game to start it off...
    for all those reasons u stated, they should be more than -4.5 , wouldnt u think?
    We still have 6 more days until Game Time. I dont count Thursdays, it's only 1 game. I'll be FIRED up at 12:59PM when all my picks will be made and our Beer Pitchers get to the table