1capper2008
    1capper2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who will win in 2011?

Please don't say the Saints will repeat.

kroyrunner89
    kroyrunner89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2663

I hate what the Saints have done with their offseason so far. Right now the Ravens or Jets are looking really good to me, Jets need to find a replacement for Rhodes but if they do their defense will be unreal. It's already scary good.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Vikings seem like a valid choice. Some say that they outplayed the champs and it took the refs to decide that game.

nbt3428
    nbt3428's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ditto above, Jets and Ravens both sured up some holes on their teams and you have to feel the Jets will be better on offense in Sanchez's second year, should be a great team.

johnson
    johnson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Go Giants

thebeater07
    thebeater07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

the vikings over denver in the super bowl

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

1st layer: Steelers - Packers - Saints
    2nd layer: Vikings - Colts - Chargers
    3rd layer: Falcons - Ravens - Cowboys

my pick: GB Packers

scarp
    scarp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

how can you say don't pick the saints???? they had the #1 offense the last two years... all they needed was a decent defense and they got one last year.

slacker00

It's tough to repeat now days.

I'm kinda curious of the Patriots might get something going this year. Brady, Moss, Welker always shine. The defense will be better.

Can never count those Steelers out. Solid moves in the offseason with the core of that team still in their prime.

Chargers are always in the hunt simply because their division will grant them a playoff berth every year.

Dallas is flying under the radar for the first time in a long time. They got that playoff win, defense wins championships.

Giants aren't many pieces away, if they can get just get their WR corps sorted out. Maybe Eli can emerge as a leader?!

I definitely like teams like the Falcons, Ravens, Packers, Jets, Bengals, maybe even the 49ers next year.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1944

I thought the Patriots lost Moss to free agency and the Jets lost thier best runningback Thomas Jones to the Dolphins. The Jets need to upgrade thier wide recievers and runningbacks. If they can't beat the Dolphins at least once next season, then their offense is not good enough.

The Ravens got a wide reciever upgrade, but I don't think that's enough to beat the Colts, if they play against them again.

The Chargers and Cowboys are weaker than they appear, especially on offense.

The Saints need to fix thier rush defense. Vikings, Falcons, Cardinals and Colts runningbacks cut through thier defense like butter. Especially when Hightower went through thier rush defense on the first play and made that easy touchdown.

I like the Steelers, they got thier wide reciever back, who was on thier last superbowl win. Vikings getting LT is an upgrade since Adrian Peterson keeps dropping the ball.

Could be a Steelers vs Vikings superbowl. But if the Saints can get their rush defense fixed. It could be a Steelers vs Saints superbowl.

I heard that a team that lost at the superbowl the year before, never wins the year after. The Colts could lose to the Ravens or Steelers in the playoffs.

jetsjets1028
    jetsjets1028's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1363

jets!!! 2001 sb champs
    Points Awarded:

JBQB107 gave jetsjets1028 11 SBR Point(s) for this post.

kroyrunner89
    kroyrunner89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2663

The Jets losing Thomas Jones could be a blessing in disguise, he had a ton of carries last year and his YPC actually dropped from where it was the year before. Plus he isn't getting any younger... let Greene get the majority of touches now as he looks to be a very talented young back. The Saints rush defense is just as bad as last year still, and they'll have even more to worry about with Fujita gone now and Sharper possibly following. I don't like that they elected to keep Bush and that Pierre Thomas could possibly be on his way out too, they need to keep that running game around to compliment the passing game and Bush won't be able to do that himself. Moss is still on the Patriots, I wouldn't expect Welker to contribute a lot next year coming off of his injury. I have a feeling that he'll never be the same, an injury like the one he suffered can be devastating to a WR like him who relies on quickness and speed. However, Edelman should be able to fill in for Welker if necessary and contribute 70-80% of what Welker did, if the Patriots manage to add a tight end such as Greg Olsen then that offense takes on a new dynamic. However, I still think they need to do something about getting a running back to help take a little of the load off Brady. Vikings certainly deserve to be in the conversation, but only if Favre returns. We'll wait and see what happens there before going any further on this one. Plus, they don't have LT yet. I liked the Packers a few weeks ago, but losing Kampman and Clifton hurts and knocks them down a couple rungs in my opinion. That offensive line was abysmal without Clifton in the lineup last year, I'll be interested to see what answer they find for that. Finally, the Ravens seem most complete to me as they have an above average defense, one of the most dynamic RBs in the NFL, and now a legitimate WR to help Flaco out. If not for a dropped ball in their first meeting, the Ravens beat the Colts in the regular season. I see a lot of potential with that Ravens offense, and they're the leader in my mind for the Super Bowl right now. Here's how I rank my favorites right now:

1. Ravens
    2. Vikings (Assuming Favre returns)
    3. Jets
    4. Saints
    5. Packers

slacker00

Two teams I forgot to mention are the Titans and Texans. These are two teams that aren't far away from being right there next year. I think a lot of people are letting these two teams fly below the radar. They both finished strong and have been injecting good, young talent for a while now. They should be ready to compete on the big stage next year. At the very least, they'll be in the mix. Plus, the Colts will probably have a Super Bowl hangover and if the Titans & Texans can get a jump on the Colts early, history shows that the Colts are more of an early season team and they might not catch up. The AFC South should be up for grabs this year.

dooman14
    dooman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

In a no cap season lets see who front ends a lot of BIG player Big money contracts

cav1x
    cav1x's Avatar Become A Pro!

Colts....or Ravens

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Forget about the Ravens. They simply do not have enough offense, and their defense is getting old. Forget about the Chargers. They can not win in the post season. Forget about the Saints. Their defense will let them down this season, and the party still has not stopped in New Orleans. NFC South Championship teams do not repeat.

The Vikings, with Farve, certainly have a very good chance. If they can shore up a leaky defense, and get around their idiot HC Childress, they are a good value play.

Never count out Pitt, despite their head case QB. If Pitt goes back to their basics, those being ball control and a tough defense, they will be in the hunt.

The Jets made great progress last season, but now must get over the second year blues, which befalls second year coaches and QB's. Rex Ryan is basically a side show. The act is going to end soon, and the Jets will have to perform.

Then there are the usual suspects. Indy and the Patsies still have to be considered. Dallas will be there. Who knows what will happen in Philly or New York Giant wise. Green Bay will try to find a defense, and the NFC West will try to find a team that can finish better than 8-8.

kahnner
    kahnner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

My top 5 teams! Not in any order!

Colts
    saints
    ravens
    vikings- if favre returns!
    Packers

Rig
    Rig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 27

Broncos

jhack704
    jhack704's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1443

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    The Vikings, with Farve, certainly have a very good chance. If they can shore up a leaky defense, and get around their idiot HC Childress, they are a good value play.

exactly, plus petersons fumbles! cost em home field and trip to super bowl

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1944

Looks like LT got a deal with the Jets. So you got 2 chargers players on the Jets now. I'm starting to like the Jets.

Colts, Jets and Steelers on the AFC and Vikings and Saints on the NFC are my favorites to win.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5129

I can't think of one reason why the Saints won't repeat.

ijrod21i
    ijrod21i's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jets v. Vikings.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post
    I can't think of one reason why the Saints won't repeat.
    They might be the first to repeat for the division title since the reallignment.

sketch80823
    sketch80823's Avatar Become A Pro!

its all depends on the off season deals too early to tell and alot of free agents

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

Vikes vs. Chargers

Vikes win SU but Chargers cover.

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

All you Viking touters: The weird thing about the Vikings last season wasn't the crazy Favre pick at the end of the NFC Championship game, it's that there weren't more of those all season long. Favre is not consistent, and next year if he comes back I think it's likely for him to have a disastrous season.

I don't know why people are high on the Chargers either, They aren't what they used to be on either side of the ball. Same goes for the Stillers.

Jets and Ravens are both looking really strong, and I like what my Eagles are doing this offseason as well.

If the Saints can replace/resign Sharper, I see no reason they shouldn't be a top tier team again this year.

slacker00

I think people are high on the Vikings because they are built to "win now" versus the rest of the NFC North which is going through a lot of transitions and growing pains. Granted, the Packers are closer than the Lions or Bears, but still have a ton of questions on defense as well as the offensive line that need to be addressed in the draft. Whereas the Vikings are solid, if not elite at every position.

Go ahead and bet against Favre, but you'll lose more than you'll win in the long run. Even the loss at New Orleans in the NFC championship game was yet another cover ATS for Favre.

toober89
    toober89's Avatar Become A Pro!

patriots

sidewinder66
    sidewinder66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 117

cowboys, the team comes back intact, romo's better than ever and they have a great wr in miles austin

CaptainPrice
    CaptainPrice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Everyone will win at least one....,

Stealinhome
    Stealinhome's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

NFC title game

Saints v Boys

AFC

Colts v Chargers

SB

Colts over Boys

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I will tell you why the Vikes have a much worse shot this year than last. First, Peterson fell apart at the end of the season. The longer the season went on, the less he contributed. That meant that there was more pressure on Farve, and as we have seen already, he does not do real well under pressure in January.

Next, their schedule for 2010 is much tougher than last season. Last season they played the NFL West (whoopee) and the AFC North. This season, they get both the AFC and NFC East. That means playing Dallas and the Giants at home, and New England, the Jets, New Orleans and Philly on the road, amongst others. There is also the fact that the Vikes have lost 8 out of their last 9 games in Chicago.

A tougher schedule plus an older QB adds up to a tougher year for the Vikes. Right now, the Vikes are 11/2 to win the NFC Championship, while Green Bay is 9/2. I would lean towards the Pack right now, as they get a bit of a break in the scheduling, playing the #2 team in the NFC South (Atlanta) instead of New Orleans. Other than that, and hosting San Francisco instead of Arizona, the schedules for both Green Bay and Minny are identical.

filter15
    filter15's Avatar Become A Pro!

im on what qh said
    the pack is gona be better
    bears wrse
    lions better
    browns worse
    cincy little worse
    jets worse

poochiecollins
    poochiecollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Indianapolis has the best Vegas odds. Baltimore's down the totem pole a bit :-(

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29946

saints/steelers in SB

12 Last