Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 444

Cardinals To Start QB Clayton Tune Tomorrow

Kyler Murray‘s return won’t come this weekend. Cardinals fifth-round rookie quarterback Clayton Tune is expected to get the start tomorrow against the Browns, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

The Cardinals traded Murray’s fill-in, Joshua Dobbs, earlier this week, an indication that the former first-overall pick was on the brink of playing. After being sidelined for the first half of the season while recovering from a torn ACL, Murray returned to practice last month, opening his 21-day window to be activated. As ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler points out, that activation window closes next week.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24894

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Kyler Murray‘s return won’t come this weekend. Cardinals fifth-round rookie quarterback Clayton Tune is expected to get the start tomorrow against the Browns, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

The Cardinals traded Murray’s fill-in, Joshua Dobbs, earlier this week, an indication that the former first-overall pick was on the brink of playing. After being sidelined for the first half of the season while recovering from a torn ACL, Murray returned to practice last month, opening his 21-day window to be activated. As ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler points out, that activation window closes next week.
    These games are so tough. *Other side of the QB is tricky, too:
    ...Watson has been so inactive. Is Watson capable of consistently good play?

GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15217

I have browns for survivor so this is good news I hope

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 444

Not only will Murray not start this weekend, he will also not be activated from injured reserve today by the league’s 4:00pm deadline, according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport. There’s really no need to activate him if the Cardinals feel comfortable moving forward with Tune tomorrow, but with Murray’s 21-day practice window closing in the coming week, the clock is certainly ticking. If Murray isn’t activated this week, he will be forced to spend the remainder of the year on IR.

Backing up Tune tomorrow will be veteran backup quarterback Jeff Driskel, who was re-signed to the practice squad this week. The standard gameday elevation has not yet been announced but is expected with Tune currently standing as the sole quarterback on the active roster.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

only way browns lose is if they turn the ball over recklessly for no reason whatsoever on dumb plays... forced passes ....bad QB play

oh, they have Watson

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32329

Quote Originally Posted by GzaTheGenius View Post
    I have browns for survivor so this is good news I hope
    Browns or Saints tomorrow for Survivor.
    I'm riding with the Brownies as well.