Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 444

Patrick Mahomes Wants To Play Flag Football In 2028 Olympics

Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes is the latest NFL star to express interest in participating in flag football at the 2028 Summer Olympics, telling reporters Friday in Frankfurt, Germany, that he “definitely” wants to play.

Mahomes, who will be 32 by the time the sport is featured in the Olympics, said he wants to play but understands flag football requires quarterbacks to be highly mobile. “I’ve seen some of those guys play the flag football,” Mahomes said, per the Associated Press. “They’re a little faster than I am. I know there’s not like linemen blocking for you. … So if I can still move around then, I’m going to try to get out there and throw the football around maybe in L.A.

About his comments, the quarterback jokingly told reporters, “Don’t tell coach (Andy) Reid or (general manager Brett) Veach.”

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9233

I'm not sure a team of NFL players would be better than the current USA flag football national team.

How could they be? Quite a different skill set really.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

They really need to do something about this QB slide when running the football thing. They can start their slides at the last minute knowing they will be hit. See this even worse in CFB than NFL. Sorry, once that QB passes the line of scrimmage it has to be fair game. How can a defensive player stop in time like this? This QB slide rule is just another thing ruling the spirit of football. I just wonder what these geniuses will come up with next to ruin the game.