Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 444

Jets Pursued Davante Adams, Tee Higgins, Mike Evans At Deadline

Mentioned as pursuing Mike Evans during training camp, the Jets do not appear to have shut down their efforts to upgrade their receiving corps. They kept going through this week’s trade deadline.

New York reached out on Evans once again during deadline week, per NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport, while calling the Raiders and Bengals on Davante Adams and Tee Higgins. The Jets did not end up making a move, and Rapoport adds the team circling back to wideouts did not involve conversations past the exploratory stage.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47539

It seems that the Jets wanted this to be public, true or not, to appease Aaron Rodgers and the fan base.

Remember, Rodgers gave back millions so the Jets could bolster the team and Dalvin Cook has been a non factor.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 444

For this season, it really didn't make sense to me if they had done it at the trade deadline. You still need somebody to throw it to them.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47539

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    For this season, it really didn't make sense to me if they had done it at the trade deadline. You still need somebody to throw it to them.
    They are saying that Rodgers will likely be back at some point this year but I think it was more of a tactic to keep Rodgers and the fanbases complaining at bay...for now.