Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11174

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Did Mac form the line-backer pairing with Wilber Marshall?
    I was a freshman in Wilber's last year at UF. I almost got in a fight with him the first day of practice. All the freshmen were supposed to sit in front. I sat in the back. He sits next to me and says, "move down front". I look him up and down with my Cleveland fukk you look. He then says, "you must not know who I am, move down front". I looked at him, put my elbow over his arm (ready to start pop shotting him) and laughed at him. He then said, "wait till you get to the field". I laughed my ass off, wait for the field. What?. When I got to Florida, guys would talk a lot of shit but no one would want to fight. Cleveland... we couldn't wait to fight. You might beat me but you certainly would remember me.

We actually became good friends that season. I knew where to get the women and the weed. I can picture right now when me, him and Alonzo Johnson was in small car with 2 girls and the smoke was like a Cheech n Chong movie. Wilber is BLACK, can't even see his face but I can see his big white teeth laughing. Haha. I wasn't even smoking but got popped for weed along with Alonzo. Wilber was clean (coverup?). I always thought Alonzo was the better linebacker (Wilber once was a tight end). Wilbur went early in the 1st round. 2 years later, Alonzo was supposed to be a top 5 pick. Rumors go out on his drug use and he dropped late 2nd damn near 3rd round. He lost a shitload of money that day. Dude lasted 2 years in the league. I shit you not, 2 time All SEC, Gator All Century team, all everything LB and was done because of weed. I can tell you a dozen stories like that.
    Points Awarded:

mjsuax13 gave Mac4Lyfe 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Thx for the update, Mac. Such an intriguing game. Different angles, Brown DEF stats are awesome:

1) They lost the Steeler game almost exclusively b/c of Turnovers.
    2) They lost the BALT game b/c the Rookie QB wasn't ready.
    This defense looks like the 85 Bears but guys are banged up. I think they also get demotivated because of the suck ass offense. Stefanski should really play it safer and let the defense win games like the Steelers but he's the OC, so he's always trying to hit homeruns. I just don't think he can outscheme Shanahan. He's had 2 weeks but Shanny will outwork and outsmart him this week. I just don't trust KS as a coach.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24893

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I was a freshman in Wilber's last year at UF. I almost got in a fight with him the first day of practice. All the freshmen were supposed to sit in front. I sat in the back. He sits next to me and says, "move down front". I look him up and down with my Cleveland fukk you look. He then says, "you must not know who I am, move down front". I looked at him, put my elbow over his arm (ready to start pop shotting him) and laughed at him. He then said, "wait till you get to the field". I laughed my ass off, wait for the field. What?. When I got to Florida, guys would talk a lot of shit but no one would want to fight. Cleveland... we couldn't wait to fight. You might beat me but you certainly would remember me.

We actually became good friends that season. I knew where to get the women and the weed. I can picture right now when me, him and Alonzo Johnson was in small car with 2 girls and the smoke was like a Cheech n Chong movie. Wilber is BLACK, can't even see his face but I can see his big white teeth laughing. Haha. I wasn't even smoking but got popped for weed along with Alonzo. Wilber was clean (coverup?). I always thought Alonzo was the better linebacker (Wilber once was a tight end). Wilbur went early in the 1st round. 2 years later, Alonzo was supposed to be a top 5 pick. Rumors go out on his drug use and he dropped late 2nd damn near 3rd round. He lost a shitload of money that day. Dude lasted 2 years in the league. I shit you not, 2 time All SEC, Gator All Century team, all everything LB and was done because of weed. I can tell you a dozen stories like that.
    Damn, that's good stuff. Wilbur was an amazing talent. Ditka talked about how good he was.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave ChuckyTheGoat 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ChuckyTheGoat

This line is crazy. +8.5 now.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 898

Mjsuax is sharp as a tack.
    Daddy Shanahan was a brilliant mofo. He knew how to push buttons in people to motivate them. He would win at all cost. I heard he mellowed out as he got older. He always thought he was the smartest guy in the room.
    Mac, I had dinner with a bunch of clients at Shanny’s restaurant in Denver in 2019. We were in a private room for a meeting. He walked in, greeted us and told us a story about adapting/evolving to continue to win. He definitely thought he was still the smartest guy in the room but he was very gracious, hung around with us and talked to everyone so we all enjoyed it.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave mjsuax13 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thefix13
    Thefix13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2756

Feel bad for any of you guys that walk into a room and don't think you are the smartest guy there.

Oh and the 49ers are going to manhandle them.

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by Thefix13 View Post
    Feel bad for any of you guys that walk into a room and don't think you are the smartest guy there.

Oh and the 49ers are going to manhandle them.
    LOL. If I’m the smartest guy in the room, I’m in the wrong room or hired the wrong people.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave mjsuax13 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Mac, I had dinner with a bunch of clients at Shanny’s restaurant in Denver in 2019. We were in a private room for a meeting. He walked in, greeted us and told us a story about adapting/evolving to continue to win. He definitely thought he was still the smartest guy in the room but he was very gracious, hung around with us and talked to everyone so we all enjoyed it.
    Shanahan is fantastic at working a room. He can kiss babies and schmooze with the helicopter moms. I've always talked shit about him. That he was a master manipulator, always tried to push your buttons and would lie to your face. I use to say that he would sell out his mom to win. But that is probably unfair as I grow older. He just really had a high level of expecting success. Several of my friends became coaches working for him and they loved him and the pay was outrageous.

My junior year I wanted to take an engineering class (I think mechanical drawing, can't even remember now). It was offered only once a year but it interfered with film review. I go into his office and he reamed my ass. "What the fukk are you telling me for, what's more important than you. You're going to jeopardize your career for a fukking class. Who are you? Why are you here? Why the fukk did you come to UF? You came here to play football. Why are you here? Why did you come to UF? Get out of my office?" I left with my tail between my legs. I couldn't sleep that night. I kept hearing him say, "Why did you come to UF, You came here to play football", over and over and over. I went back to his office the next day and told him I came to get an education. I was in his doghouse from that point on. But that was the point where I knew I had to get my engineering degree.
    Points Awarded:

mjsuax13 gave Mac4Lyfe 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

This line is crazy. +8.5 now.
    I'm considering trying to middle but I think SF covers this line easily. I'm locked and loaded.

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

I can't step in front of that Niner's train, and if I did, it wouldn't be with the Clowns. Good luck I hope it comes through for you. The weather will suck so the Clowns have that going for them.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Slurry Pumper 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

mjsuax13

Shanahan is fantastic at working a room. He can kiss babies and schmooze with the helicopter moms. I've always talked shit about him. That he was a master manipulator, always tried to push your buttons and would lie to your face. I use to say that he would sell out his mom to win. But that is probably unfair as I grow older. He just really had a high level of expecting success. Several of my friends became coaches working for him and they loved him and the pay was outrageous.

My junior year I wanted to take an engineering class (I think mechanical drawing, can't even remember now). It was offered only once a year but it interfered with film review. I go into his office and he reamed my ass. "What the fukk are you telling me for, what's more important than you. You're going to jeopardize your career for a fukking class. Who are you? Why are you here? Why the fukk did you come to UF? You came here to play football. Why are you here? Why did you come to UF? Get out of my office?" I left with my tail between my legs. I couldn't sleep that night. I kept hearing him say, "Why did you come to UF, You came here to play football", over and over and over. I went back to his office the next day and told him I came to get an education. I was in his doghouse from that point on. But that was the point where I knew I had to get my engineering degree.
    Yes. Absolutely. He can work a room for sure and I could tell he knows how to get what he wants and get shit done.

You handled it right. Education matters the most in the long run. Tell me about all the SEC kids or any kids that play college sports, don’t get drafted, don’t finish school… you never hear about them again. Sad really.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Yes. Absolutely. He can work a room for sure and I could tell he knows how to get what he wants and get shit done.

You handled it right. Education matters the most in the long run. Tell me about all the SEC kids or any kids that play college sports, don’t get drafted, don’t finish school… you never hear about them again. Sad really.
    Google college football player suicides
    It's frightening. You are told all your life that you're special and you're going to be rich beyond your wildest dreams. Then some, reach that pinnacle, have the world in their hands and say to themselves... Is that all there is? I thought I'd feel different. But most guys never get there and the fall is HARD. Most ex players are severely depressed. You will never, ever be the BMOC like back when. You will never, ever have that many women after you like back when. Damn, it sucks. lol

Hopefully NIL will at least help some of these guys if they're smart. I always said the schools should setup a stipend for every year you play and sweeten it if you graduate. Help them start a business, training for other skills, heck pay for medical insurance after college. I've had numerous football injuries that UF never had to pay a dime. One back surgery was $150k total. I think I paid a few thousand out of pocket. Where was UF?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: trobin31

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15383

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    If Watson doesn't play this line will be 10.
    at 10 right now.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave raiders72001 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ChuckyTheGoat

at 10 right now.
    Looks like Garrett might miss as well??

raiders72001

Looks like Garrett might miss as well??
    Last I heard he's playing but who knows if he'll be at full strength.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

ChuckyTheGoat

Last I heard he's playing but who knows if he'll be at full strength.
    This line move seems insane.

raiders72001

This line move seems insane.
    and Walker is a lot better than the guy that played last week.

ChuckyTheGoat

and Walker is a lot better than the guy that played last week.
    THAT'S the big one, Raid:

1) It's actually the reason PITT +4.5 was playable vs Balt.
    ...You couldn't give much credit to Balt for beating the backup QB.

2) Same thing on Clev vs San Fran this week.
    ...DTR wasn't ready. Can't put much stock in the 28-3 final.

ChuckyTheGoat

One other tip I've picked up on the Podcasts. Take this FWIW:

*As HC or OC, Kyle Shanahan is 3-8 S/U vs Jim Schwartz defenses. (Heard a 1-8 quote as well):
    ...Logic is that Schwartz can sniff out the Shanahan run scheme and know what's coming.

May or may not be a relevant stat.
    Points Awarded:

edawg gave ChuckyTheGoat 6 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe gave ChuckyTheGoat 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10373

I got wrecked on this line move, sheez. I still feel like this game will be won on the ground. Line is getting pushed up so everyone feels good about adding SF as a teaser.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

Browns are worth a play at 10+.

raiders72001

SF scores

30-7
    30-23
    30-12
    35-16
    42-10

and I'm still thinking +10 is too much here. I do have that SF ML parlay still going but if this line hits 11 it'll be tough to pass +11.

raiders72001

edit- wrong game

Mac4Lyfe

SF scores

30-7
    30-23
    30-12
    35-16
    42-10

and I'm still thinking +10 is too much here. I do have that SF ML parlay still going but if this line hits 11 it'll be tough to pass +11.
    The prudent thing for me to do is be happy with my -4.5 but the greed in me is thinking to try and middle. I love the stat Chucky gave on Schwartz vs Shanahan. Tough call.

ChuckyTheGoat

Mac, if you're holding -4.5, you have to like that.

I'll see if I can get a confirmation on the Shanahan vs Schwartz stat. I heard 3-8 and then I heard 1-8.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave ChuckyTheGoat 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ChuckyTheGoat

The stat I'm seeing = 8-1 for Schwartz.

The defensive coordinator has squared off eight times against Kyle Shanahan when either was a coordinator or head coach, and Schwartz's teams have emerged victorious seven times. (The 8-1 Schwartz record circulated on social media on Thursday included a Schwartz victory in 2021 as a defensive consultant with Tennessee.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave ChuckyTheGoat 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Wow popular game. I see +7 now.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave lakerboy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30455

PJ Walker lol this is the guy that lost out to a Division II quarterback in training camp

Mac4Lyfe

The stat I'm seeing = 8-1 for Schwartz.The defensive coordinator has squared off eight times against Kyle Shanahan when either was a coordinator or head coach, and Schwartz's teams have emerged victorious seven times. (The 8-1 Schwartz record circulated on social media on Thursday included a Schwartz victory in 2021 as a defensive consultant with Tennessee.
    That’s unreal….

ChuckyTheGoat

I do have one question from the Dall/SF game:

*Dallas DC Dan Quinn is supposed to be one of the hot names for 2024 head-coaching vacancies.

If so, the game in San Fran was not much of a resume-builder. How can a team look so un-prepared?

jim
    jim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2392

he would sell out his mom to win.

Shanahan ruined the 'Skins RGIII, having him play through his leg injury.

Needed to heal.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave jim 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jim

wow predicted next days news

The ESPN analyst’s instincts went off after he experienced something similar during his quarterback career when his knee injury was mismanaged by Washington head coach Mike Shanahan.

jim

guess I'm getting good at that ... posted "lock her up" on a sports wagering site before it was a thing, later that night the crowd was chanting that at a Trump rally ...
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave jim 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jim

Don't kid yourself, some very influential people read this site...

First 123 Last