TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

McDermott made the mistake.... he should go public and say "I Fukked Up".... with all the scoring back and forth the last 3 minutes or so... he got caught up in the emotions.... HIGHS/LOWS etc... he totally lost fundamentally sound decision making with time management. You have to play everything in your head... what could happen etc. He totally lost all logic. He won't admit it though.

Leslie Frazier will probably be fired for this. Or asked to resign. The truth of the matter is McDermott should step down. I don't see how the the Bills "mentally" can go out and play for this coach next season. 2 years straight you came up short. The Bills were as "solid" as you're going to get under this guy. Again, McDermott should step down. He got paid $8,000,000 a year for making that kind of decision with 0:13 seconds left??? Get fukked. I'd fire him instantly. Anyone can coach this Bills team right now...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Orbison

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Orby, remember when he blew out his knee in the Super Bowl? Would have been a great DB.
    He blew out Adrian Petersons knee too in meaningless week 17 game 10 years ago.

Honestly, AP might be the ALL TIME leading rusher if not for Les Frazier

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11913

I think they should have rushed everyone on a zero blitz.

No matter how many Bills players you drop back in the secondary they all suck ass and can't cover anyone anyways.

Forget rushing 4 bring the house. Make Mahomes make a quick decision, make him pass short over the middle to avoid the pressure, not enough time on the clock after that if tackled in bounds..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-25-22 at 11:50 AM.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Everyone keeps saying this, but if the ball pops up in the air you can fair catch it. If the ball flutters along the ground, you can kneel it, and the clock doesn't actually start until the ball is touched. So in the first case, no time would elapse, in the second case maybe one second.

I'm all for at least trying to squib it, but it doesn't guarantee the outcome. It all depends how the Chiefs play it out.
    Odds of it popping up in the air with enough air and time for it to be fair caught is almost impossible given the kicking motion. Yes they can kneel for sure but they also could potentially muff it as well. Not likely at all but just booting out of bounds was ridiculous.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57565

Everyone keeps saying this, but if the ball pops up in the air you can fair catch it. If the ball flutters along the ground, you can kneel it, and the clock doesn't actually start until the ball is touched. So in the first case, no time would elapse, in the second case maybe one second.

I'm all for at least trying to squib it, but it doesn't guarantee the outcome. It all depends how the Chiefs play it out.
    But Eddy, if you squib it along the ground and it makes it inside the 20, I doubt the returner takes a knee - His instinct that deep would be to try and get some yardage. It's a great debate topic but the one thing for certain is booting it into the end zone was the worst option for Buff!

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

A squib kick is far from a scientifically proven perpetual process you all ….

I was on Bills myself and this ruined a clean sweep for me on wagers

but a squib kick could of POSSIBLY gotten them the ball at around the 35 yard line

it’s those possible 10 to 15 yards(and obvious other things mentioned in this thread )

as to why they went through with the regular boot through end zone

THE ONLY PROBLEM here is the defensive formations chosen on those 2 final plays

with 13 seconds left , even in video games …. people just don’t allow that to happen

Another thing is Tyreeks speed and best tight end in nfl history knowledge

of the game second by second .Promise you all one thing , even using the same

defensive schemes and same exact offensive plays , 99% of teams after

those exact passing plays are STILL looking at a 58 to 60 yard field goal

watch it again and see what I mean about Tyreek and Kelcie….

Mainly that fukkin cockroach looking Tyreek Hill

sk0002
    sk0002's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7156

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnF8aSFRoes

Look at that defensive formation and how open was hill and kelce, that was just mind boggling, that was one of the worst choke of all time, there's no way they could lose the game in this magnitude in this manner, that was inexcusable.... they probably thought they already won the game and had the craziest brainfart of all time.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

did niners pack play saturday feels so long ago

Art Vandelay

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post

I was on Bills myself and this ruined a clean sweep for me on wagers

but a squib kick could of POSSIBLY gotten them the ball at around the 35 yard line

it’s those possible 10 to 15 yards(and obvious other things mentioned in this thread )

as to why they went through with the regular boot through end zone

THE ONLY PROBLEM here is the defensive formations chosen on those 2 final plays

with 13 seconds left , even in video games …. people just don’t allow that to happen

Another thing is Tyreeks speed and best tight end in nfl history knowledge

of the game second by second .Promise you all one thing , even using the same

defensive schemes and same exact offensive plays , 99% of teams after

those exact passing plays are STILL looking at a 58 to 60 yard field goal

watch it again and see what I mean about Tyreek and Kelcie….

Mainly that fukkin cockroach looking Tyreek Hill
    Squib might have gotten them the ball at the 35 yard line, BUT how much time would that have taken off the clock - That's the issue with the strategy. Zero time came off with their choice of kicking deep...

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24923

Quote Originally Posted by sk0002 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnF8aSFRoes

Look at that defensive formation and how open was hill and kelce, that was just mind boggling, that was one of the worst choke of all time, there's no way they could lose the game in this magnitude in this manner, that was inexcusable.... they probably thought they already won the game and had the craziest brainfart of all time.
    This is a great link. Way too ez.

How far back are the safeties? 35 to 40 yards off the ball? How soft did you want the middle to be?

It wound up not even being difficult passes for a skill level like Mahomes. Awful.

Allen and Co celebrated too early. Only b/c they couldn't imagine stupidity at that level.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

They should of had a white DC. Affirmative Action cost them a trip to the AFC championship game.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24956

I think McDermott was also exercising caution by kicking it through the end zone because the Chiefs had Tyreek back to field the kick. Even if the ball hadn't bounced in his general direction, I'm sure it would've ended up in his hands via lateral or something. The Bills had already got burnt by Reek once on a punt return and the last thing Coach McD wanted to see was Reek dancing around through chaos and then finding a crease and slamming the gas pedal. Given the situation at the time, that would appear to be KC's best chance to score.

I mean I understand the logic to squib kick it, I just think that the defensive alignments that allowed the Chiefs 45 yards in 10 seconds is far more egregious than the decision to kick it through the EZ. You had every advantage as a defensive coordinator, knowing the clock was on your side, and you still blew it... mind boggling.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

For sure, I'd only want two legitimate linemen in there and the rest be DB's. You could even throw Diggs out there on defense if you're thin at the position. He's athletic enough to cover guys and can obviously make a play on the ball.

excellent idea. put your fastest offensive players out there.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I agree with this. Other posters can disagree all they want. What was going through the mindset of McDermott? Was he thinking? Did he have a plan? Did he say no effing way will you get in field goal starting from the 25 yard line with only 0:13 seconds left?? Probably.

You never want to get beat by a kickoff return for a TD. Again... what's the probability? I think McDermott was going for the utmost sure thing. Kick it deep... if it goes in the end zone... no big deal... it's better than a squib kick that possibly starts you off at the 35 yard line??? Now, on the squib kick could it ricochet off someone... and the clock starts? In which... 2-3 seconds run off.... and their still starting at the 35 yard line?? Now you have 0:10 seconds to go??? Is that enough time to get in into field goal range?? Probably not. Every second counts. Decisions on both sides of the ball... change drastically if you start on your own 35... with 10 seconds to go. You run the same sequence of pass plays... you'd be out of time.

So again... was the only thing in McDermott's mind.... hey... I'm not getting beat by a run back for TD on this return.

You play this over and over and over again.... KC starting on the 25 yard line... 0:13 seconds to go.... just ain't no effing way that "LOGICALLY" they shouldn't be able to get into FG range.

I also disagree that a second should have been put back onto the clock after play 1 was over. You can say that the CBS game clock and scoreboard clock may not have been in-sync? But there was no reason to put an extra second on the game clock... after Play 1 was over.

This is why McDermott needs to be fired. The psyche of this entire team.... has to be shaken.... I mean Allen just played unfukkingreal... kid put everything he had into it... and you get beat because you allow the game to go into OT with 0:13 seconds to go??? I'm sorry... coach has to be released.

A coach like Bill Belichick would be fukking outraged if that happened to him.

Fidel_CashFlow

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Squib might have gotten them the ball at the 35 yard line, BUT how much time would that have taken off the clock - That's the issue with the strategy. Zero time came off with their choice of kicking deep...
    Huh ? Time doesn’t start till a player touches the ball
    very very easily coulda had ball at 35 yard line @ first touch

or even a bit closer to the 40 . This is tougher decision when only

a field goal is needed

Only 1 second by NFL rules goes off the clock

maybe try the squib/pooch kick anyways ….

But what lost them the game was defensive formation after the fact

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1461

My 2 cent worth I would have play different if I'm the coach of buffalo with 13 second left..I call for a all out bliz make Mahoney run for his life and bleed the clock .3 man rush give to much time to surveys the field

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3400

Quote Originally Posted by yahoonino View Post
    My 2 cent worth I would have play different if I'm the coach of buffalo with 13 second left..I call for a all out bliz make Mahoney run for his life and bleed the clock .3 man rush give to much time to surveys the field
    let Mahomes survey the field. that would have burned clock. maybe enough that game would be close to over.

Art Vandelay

Huh ? Time doesn’t start till a player touches the ball
    very very easily coulda had ball at 35 yard line @ first touch

or even a bit closer to the 40 . This is tougher decision when only

a field goal is needed

Only 1 second by NFL rules goes off the clock

maybe try the squib/pooch kick anyways ….

But what lost them the game was defensive formation after the fact
    Why would the first touch be at the 35 or 40? Obviously part of the kickoff strategy is to get the ball deeper than that - Make KC field it. Agree that the defensive strategy ultimately cost them, but a few more seconds off the clock would have helped.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11913

Bills really blew it and had that game in the bag. I'll say again KC is so lucky to be moving on.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9474

If you watch the overhead shot, Buffalo was also wasting defenders guarding the sidelines, which is another coaching mistake. The Chiefs had all their timeouts, so the sideline was not a factor. They were going up the middle because that was the fastest way to get a catch. Sideline patterns obviously take more time.

Watch the one Bills defender near Kelce, he bluffs a cut to the sideline and the defender bites. He then runs overcovered up the middle for the easy catch and run to set up the FG.

Buffalo's coaches had no idea what they were doing, and they called two defensive timeouts and were still out of position. And the HC is a defensive coordinator in his early jobs.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Orbison

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3400

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    If you want the overhead shot, Buffalo was also guarding the sidelines, which is another coaching mistake. The Chiefs had all their timeouts, so the sideline was not a factor.

Watch the one Bills defender near Kelce, he bluffs a cut to the sideline and the defender bites. He then runs overcovered for the easy catch and run to set up the FG.

Buffalo's coaches had no idea what they were doing, and they called two defensive timeouts and were still out of position. And the HC is a defensive coordinator in his early jobs.
    yeah that's a good point Seattle.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The same guys open week after week makes zero sense

Same with Kupp

Wide open every play

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24956

I wish the Bills hadn't had any timeouts left once the Chiefs got the ball back with 13 seconds. Whatever the default plan was had to be superior to what they ended up doing. All the Bills' timeouts did was allow for their coaches to freeze the fukk up under pressure and galaxy brain their way into the loss column.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Makes no sense there. Time is your friend. Let Mahomes sit back and burn the clock with time to throw. Rush 2 to 3 at most and clog up the passing lanes. Don't understand the logic there?
    Right. And he could not use his legs to run. Triple team Kelce.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

I wish the Bills hadn't had any timeouts left once the Chiefs got the ball back with 13 seconds. Whatever the default plan was had to be superior to what they ended up doing. All the Bills' timeouts did was allow for their coaches to freeze the fukk up under pressure and galaxy brain their way into the loss column.
    There is something to this in addition to just not being prepared for the moment.

Fidel_CashFlow

Why would the first touch be at the 35 or 40? Obviously part of the kickoff strategy is to get the ball deeper than that - Make KC field it. Agree that the defensive strategy ultimately cost them, but a few more seconds off the clock would have helped.
    Yo Art , watch some squib kicks , it’s not that simple at all man .
    Sports science has concluded that the shape of a football once in air
    and landing on a surface technically has over 50,000 dif ways it can bounce .

Still , I prolly would of squibbed myself, hard to say
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    If you watch the overhead shot, Buffalo was also wasting defenders guarding the sidelines, which is another coaching mistake. The Chiefs had all their timeouts, so the sideline was not a factor. They were going up the middle because that was the fastest way to get a catch. Sideline patterns obviously take more time.

Watch the one Bills defender near Kelce, he bluffs a cut to the sideline and the defender bites. He then runs overcovered up the middle for the easy catch and run to set up the FG.

Good point Slew .

Remember , for every bet that game lost

Nothing compares to what it did to the die hard Bills fans and the team

It can be tough to think that way , as I’m a verified sore loser no matter how much I win

but please keep the Bills players in mind here . Not everyone out there for the $$$

this would be brutal , considering their playoff/ Super Bowl history

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24923

Worse yet why kickoff into the end zone! Football 101 - Make them return it and burn 6-7 seconds. Mahomes would have had less than 10 seconds to work... Brutal decision!
    I thought more about this. How the Fk did Bills lose this game?

There's a reason Allen and Company were celebrating. The game was over. It's simply a matter of Time and Space:

1) Why kick it for a Touchback? A pooch kick would surely push them back further, even if they fair catch. A squib kick induces a potential fumble and ticks off at least one second (assuming returner gives himself up).

2) The defensive design on the 1st play was WAY too soft. The yards can't be that easy.

3) Defensive design on 2nd play is even worse. Are you really playing for a Mahomes 60 yard bomb? Two safeties weren't even on the screen. What exactly were you guarding against? There were only 8 sec left.

4) Re: the Field Goal, 48 yards is way too easy. If you had stopped them at the 45, that's a 62-yard FG try. If he makes a Tucker-style FG from 60+ yards, you tip your cap and say "You're the Man."

This was a joke. The only thing I can say is that the Charger coach is an even BIGGER idiot (for calling timeout).

First 12