Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Tonight? Whats the play?

Do the Pats keep rolling or do the Ravens cover or win? OR is the O/U the play? Help a guy out.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Miami Heat +3 While you sit back and enjoy the most difficult football game of the week to handicap. No one is making you bet this.

Twisted_One
    Twisted_One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2508

Nuttin difficult about it, Ravens win

Husker36

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    Miami Heat +3 While you sit back and enjoy the most difficult football game of the week to handicap. No one is making you bet this.
    I will tail!

Husker36

No one is making you bet this.
    Maybe..... but this guy with a bat suggests I win some tonight.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9522

I could see Belichick running it up if he gets a chance after what Harbaugh did to Flores Week 1.

2Shirts
    2Shirts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 381

Ravens - easy. Pats are good - but not as good as people want to believe

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by Husker36 View Post
    I will tail!
    I hope you enjoyed that 46-14 first quarter.

Husker36

I hope you enjoyed that 46-14 first quarter.
    Wow! THANK YOU!!!
    Points Awarded:

POOLSIDE gave Husker36 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

gemtown
    gemtown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243

NE

I got New England. a person would be a fool to bet against Bill/Tom.
    I looked at the stats (Balt 9-2 after bye week,9-1 L10 at home vs. AFC East. But that one loss was to guess who? :-)
    Fact is, Ravens run basically a college offense. Not to take anything away from Lamar Jackson, he is a phenomenal player. But if you ask me would I take the Pats against a college type offense, a no-brainer (Belichick is just too good figuring these things out).
    I wouldn't be surprised if NE goes undefeated this year.
    In any case, should be a good game, Pats pull away late in a close one.

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by gemtown View Post
    I got New England. a person would be a fool to bet against Bill/Tom.
    I looked at the stats (Balt 9-2 after bye week,9-1 L10 at home vs. AFC East. But that one loss was to guess who? :-)
    Fact is, Ravens run basically a college offense. Not to take anything away from Lamar Jackson, he is a phenomenal player. But if you ask me would I take the Pats against a college type offense, a no-brainer (Belichick is just too good figuring these things out).
    I wouldn't be surprised if NE goes undefeated this year.
    In any case, should be a good game, Pats pull away late in a close one.
    “Pats pull away late in a close one” is supposed to mean Pats -3 on the road are the look?

gemtown

No, I just bet su most of the time (like 20, 30 and 50 a game, every now and then 100, if I think it's a good pick-but there was a chance Balt could win, so I only bet 30).

Oh well. I guess one thing I didn't mention is the NFL is basically the same as college anymore. Back in the day, they would have carried Jackson out on a stretcher (and still might, they keep using him like this year after year).
    But give Baltimore credit, they deserved it..

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by gemtown View Post
    No, I just bet su most of the time (like 20, 30 and 50 a game, every now and then 100, if I think it's a good pick-but there was a chance Balt could win, so I only bet 30).

Oh well. I guess one thing I didn't mention is the NFL is basically the same as college anymore. Back in the day, they would have carried Jackson out on a stretcher (and still might, they keep using him like this year after year).
    But give Baltimore credit, they deserved it..
    Carry him out on a stretcher why?

gemtown

Maybe not. I just tend to think 'old school', so maybe he'll be ok. I wish him no ill will, he's a great athlete.
    I grew up in the 70s, and played myself for a while, and it was rough, guys would get busted up pretty bad (just in school, not pro or anything, but I have a lot of aches and pains these days just from that-knocked out many times on the field, broken shoulder, torn hamstring, busted kneecap, and I know the higher levels of football were even rougher).I think todays players are better athletes, but not as tough as in the old days (Jack Lambert once said Quarterbacks should wear dresses, and that was 30 years ago or somethin, I wonder what he would think of this? :-).
    I know that has nothing to do with betting on something, you should bet within the current type of game your looking at.
    But I do think it causes me to think that way (cause back then, they really would have carried him out on a stretcher).
    Last edited by gemtown; 11-03-19 at 11:04 PM.

POOLSIDE

I’m pretty sure that’s just a thing that old guys think. Some nostalgia about your era, as if those guys were hitting way harder or something. It’s totally absurd. Lamar is 6’2” 212lbs. Not the biggest dude on the field by any stretch, but he’s not some skinny princess like you make it seem. 30 years ago they’d have the same problem they do today, catching up with him. You can’t put someone on a stretcher if you can’t seem to tackle him.