Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 444

Titans Retiring Steve McNair And Eddie George Jerseys

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Tennessee Titans announced they are retiring the numbers of running back Eddie George and quarterback Steve McNair. The jerseys will be retired in a ceremony before the Titans' home opener against the Indianapolis Colts on Sept. 15.

"This is a big moment for me personally, because I love these guys and I know my dad [Bud Adams] loved these guys. He would be so happy and proud that we are honoring them today," team owner Amy Adams Strunk said. "Together, Steve and Eddie led the Titans to new heights with 80 wins and four playoff seasons together, including an AFC championship and Super Bowl appearance in 1999. I am pleased to announce that no other Titan will ever wear No. 9 and No. 27 again."

McNair wore No. 9 and George wore No. 27. Both played for the Houston Oilers before the franchise relocated to Tennessee in 1997.

George was the 1996 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year after the Oilers selected him with the No. 14 pick in the draft. He is the franchise's leading rusher, having gained 10,009 yards, and was selected to four Pro Bowls from 1997-2000. George retired after playing nine NFL seasons, the final one with Dallas in 2004.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

McNair lead the organization in affairs.

gemtown
    gemtown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243

That's cool. I loved them both as players (McNair had his life tragically cut short, was a great player and seemed like a decent person and I remember Eddie from Ohio State :-)