SmokingKing
    SmokingKing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1126

Ravens Will Have A Top Scoring Offensive Unit Next Season

Lamar Jackson and the Ravens offense will break club records and have the best offense in Ravens history.. when you think about it that accomplishment shouldnt be too hard considering the QB's the Ravens had in the past werent that good. Not only that but i also think they will be a top 5 offense for the next couple seasons(year 3 of Lamar should be the pinnacle statwise but after that who knows).

The team record for team points scored in a season is 409 pts in 2014 when Flacco had his best year under Gary Kubiak. the offense scored at least 380 of those points. i believe this new Ravens offense will surpass those numbers and should get close to the 450 mark which would be almost good enough to compete with the Rams, Patriots and Chiefs offenses of the world. Just to be a little conservative, 420 to 430 pts sounds more realistic considering the AFC North is still a tough defense division. Whether the Ravens offense light up records next season or the season after depends on the development of their young wide recievers and of course Lamar Jackson.

I think the Ravens did a much better job drafting recievers this year but of course due to their history of drafting busts in that department, cautious optimism is warranted. i feel like Decosta got the Draft mostly right for his first try as GM. The Ravens got their offense set up for the future. Marquise Brown is a better version of Torrey Smith. Miles Boykin will play the Anquan Boldin role but Boldin is still better. the Ravens are loaded with depth on tight end and running back. Justice Hill is a nice late round pickup and will be a pass catching back to complement Mark Ingram and Gus Edwards physical downhill running. Mark Andrews and Hayden Hurst should be better in year 2 as Lamar's security blanket. the knock on Lamar is that he cant throw. while that is partially true, i think thats a bit of an overexagerration. Lamar can throw but he doesnt need to be super accurate to make plays. however i expect some correction to his throwing mechanics in the offseason

that being said Lamar Jackson has alot of options at his disposal. i expect teams to not respect Lamar's passing game and i think thats where teams will get burned with everyone thinking Ravens have no big name r3cievers. Ravens needed a youth infusion and it will pay dividends later if not sooner. All the talk is on the Browns winning the division and possibly talking about a Super Bowl appearance but the Ravens have been lowkey about it. Browns and Ravens will have improved offenses heading into the season but the Ravens will surprise the skeptics.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

There is o way that the Ravens will have a "Top Scoring" Offense next season, or for any season in the forseeable future. Not having to depend on that QB. Are you trying to say that they are going to chllenge the likes of New Englnd, both Los Angeles teams, Kansas City, New Orleans, and even Atlanta when it comes to offense?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: chico2663

SmokingKing

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    There is o way that the Ravens will have a "Top Scoring" Offense next season, or for any season in the forseeable future. Not having to depend on that QB. Are you trying to say that they are going to chllenge the likes of New Englnd, both Los Angeles teams, Kansas City, New Orleans, and even Atlanta when it comes to offense?
    yes, i think the Ravens offense will be better than the one we saw last year. while the jury is still out about how explosive this offense can be, i think there is more potential with this year's unit.

no i dont expect Lamar to be an 4,000 yd passer and i dont expect the Ravens passing game to be on the same level as those teams but i think they'll be more balanced running and passing and will be a good redzone team. i think the Ravens offense is being slept on especially Lamar's passing. he's going to have a full offseason to work on his mechanics. the Ravens have a younger and eager squad that wont have to rely on over the hill and complacent journeyman receivers. Crabtree was prone to alot of drops and sometimes John Brown was guilty of it too even though he was the biggest playmaker for them at that position last year. they didnt find their footing even when Flacco was the QB. this Ravens offense is being rebuilt from the ground up with their own homegrown talent.

Inspirited
    Inspirited's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17864

you are definitely the smoking king.

SmokingKing

Quote Originally Posted by Inspirited View Post
    you are definitely the smoking king.

thanks bro. smoking is good. smoke em up

SmokingKing

Nate Burleson on GMF be peeping my post and talking good stuff about Ravens offense

Ravens opponents think they know how to stop the offense but i think this team will be hard to prepare for with the new playmakers on this team.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

can definitely happen last 6 games of reg. season with jackson ravens averaged 25 pts a game and thats what youd need to average to break their team record

SmokingKing

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    can definitely happen last 6 games of reg. season with jackson ravens averaged 25 pts a game and thats what youd need to average to break their team record
    thank you!

alot of people will judge a team by their last game. lamar isnt getting a fairshake. he has a full offseason now to work on his mechanics. maybe it might take another year before he is a competent thrower and lets admit it he wont be on the level of Manning or Brees but he doesnt need to be.

Chargers exposed the Ravens no doubt and they since have learned from it. Upgrading the recieving position was a priority in the offseason. Even though they are rookies they were capable of making big plays in college and now you have to account for them on the field. if Lamar improved his throwing a tad then its progress - the rookie recievers will benefit from it. The Ravens have that element of surprise and youth on their side which might benefit them early on and its a young roster that is eager to get better. the Ravens were 13th in total points last year i expect that to climb this season. Ravens are a borderline top 5 scoring team. im gonna say they finish 7th or 8th just to be generous but i would not be surprised if Ravens become a top 5 unit only if everything goes right and get lucky. a few of those top scoring teams will drop off and upcoming offenses like Browns and Ravens will take their place.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Are you trying to say that the Ravens will win their Division? If so, just say it so I can prove you wrong. Pitt still has better overall personnel and much better coaching. Baltimore will be lucky to finish ahead of Cleveland. Baltimore MAY win 4 out of 6 division games. They lose games at Seattle and L.A. Rams, and home games against Kansas City, Houston, and New England. So 11-5 is the absolute best they can hope for. Realistically, they lose to either Miami or Buffalo on the road. 10-6. If they split their conference games they are out of a playoff spot.

SmokingKing

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Are you trying to say that the Ravens will win their Division? If so, just say it so I can prove you wrong. Pitt still has better overall personnel and much better coaching. Baltimore will be lucky to finish ahead of Cleveland. Baltimore MAY win 4 out of 6 division games. They lose games at Seattle and L.A. Rams, and home games against Kansas City, Houston, and New England. So 11-5 is the absolute best they can hope for. Realistically, they lose to either Miami or Buffalo on the road. 10-6. If they split their conference games they are out of a playoff spot.
    Ok where in my post did i say Ravens are winning the division? i'm just talking about how their offense might be slept on but since your the one who brought it up...

i could see Baltimore, Cleveland or Pittsburgh either one equally come away with the division title. this division is no runaway. Pitt's coaching is no better than Baltimore's. Tomlin is a bit clueless at times like Harbaugh is but the difference is Tomlin has no control over his locker room which has costed them trips to the Super Bowl. however getting rid of AB and Bell was probably the best thing Steelers couldve done for their team as they were a cancer so thats a good thing for Tomlin who is no doubt feeling the heat and has one less distraction to worry about.

Personnel-wise the Steelers maybe still have a slight advantage on offense but not much of a major difference to call it that. Steelers still have the best QB(although on the decline) and O-line in the division. they always get some kind of production from their recievers no matter who it is so thats always a positive for them. their defense though is so up and down i cant say that they have the best defense in their division. On the other hand, Ravens still have the best special teams and defense(although that can be called into question now when they lost half of their starting defense in the offseason).. and have the better ground game. On paper, Browns look like serious contenders on both sides of the ball and will possibly challenge the Steelers and Ravens in nearly all the categories mentioned those other teams are good at. its too early to pick a division winner so im not going to yet

The J-Dizzle
    The J-Dizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4102

Top scoring offense by running with the football... Will only believe it when I see it. They really need to change their offense if this would come true.

Inspirited
    Inspirited's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17864

😆 😆 😆

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

another 30 point game for ravens as they go on the road to beat the chickens. going into today's game they averaged 450 yards of offense they are setting marks to possibly produce the 2nd best offensive production of all time. who would have thought of such from little ole lamar who many thought should be playing wr.

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

smoke king where you at? you killed this shit.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

First thread that aged well

RavenDynasty2K20
    RavenDynasty2K20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Lamar Jackson is awesome. word...

RavenDynasty2K20

if Ravens defense keep playing good like this then our offense also gonna be #1 in yards soon enough. we're coming for you Cowboys!!

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

op bump your shit cuz

RavenDynasty2K20

GitLo , i got ahold of smokingking. he no longer post on SBR felt like he doesnt get enough cred and got tired of dealing wit some of the lameass trolls up in here. it too bad cuz he posted good information + picks but nobody paid attention

but i'll bump on his behalf