thilonash
    thilonash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Did I get ripped off by Bovada??

I am a little concerned with a bet I just placed on Bovada. During halftime of the eagles/vikings game, they had a live bet prop. Football - NFL, Playoffs - Total Points O/U - Philadelphia EaglesMinnesota Vikings @ Philadelphia Eagles
    Over 30.5 (-155) Jan 21, 2018 6:37 PM

Does this not mean that the eagles only had to score 31 points for me to win the bet? It seemed odd that the line was so good for this. Nowhere does it say over 30.5 for the half. it just says for the game. Eagles scored a td, an XP and are at 31. The bet has still been listed as open fo the past 10 or so minutes. Can I possibly get screwed on this bet and just hve them take everything? It seems like they posted an incorrect line on accident. I dont believe I am reading it wrong. I know game bets are always updated iwthin a few seconds. Is it normal for a live bet to take 10+minutes to settle?

Shark
    Shark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10442

Live bets still wouldn’t post to your acct until the game is over

thilonash

Thanks Shark. Just wondering, did they change that or am I remembering incorrectly? I last bet on bovada maybe 2 years ago and I thought live bets posted during games once it was a for sure thing. Like those bets "what will happen during this drive, touchdown fg or punt?" that it posted right when the drive ended. Or is it a wonky thing with totals that its technically a whole game duration bet that it doesnt settle until after, even though its impossible for a team to lose points, so the total has not actually been determined?

thilonash

Also, I am still absolutely shocked that it was only -155 that the eagles would score just 1 more td in the entire 2nd half. If it does come through im glad i jumped right on it and hammered it with a huge (well, huge for me), bet.

Shark
    Shark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10442

I’m not that surprised at the line. The eagles team total was only 7.5 for the 2h so books were only expecting them to be right around 31 pts total anyway