Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9462

NFL replay booth

No action on the game, but Buffalo just got robbed of a TD on replay, Even the announcers were stunned.

That clown Alberto Riveron is running the replays in NY. He was a terrible referee. And he gets promoted?

Watch that Benjamin catch and tell me that was not a TD?

jm8122
    jm8122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11927

There is no doubt in my mind Pats will repeat as champs and refs will do ebrrything again to make sure it happens

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Quote Originally Posted by jm8122 View Post
    There is no doubt in my mind Pats will repeat as champs and refs will do ebrrything again to make sure it happens
    Yup.Ridiculous. F`n cheaters get all the calls on the way to the SB.
    NO WAY that was a first down.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i looked at it a bunch of times and don't quite understand their phrasing of the decision (not saying they are wrong)...

that 2nd foot seems to sweep at a very low level for a long time (a long time on instant replay). but does it ever touch down in-bounds after he has possession? basically i didn't understand when that 2nd foot hits the ground, if at all.

i think he had possession for quite awhile although he does bobble at first.

not clear to me whether that's a good or bad call........ i'd probably stick with the field on the call no matter what it was.

EDIT: the replays i watched didn't have the announcer's comments.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

This is ridiculous. His foot was NOT touching or dragging. Despite what the homos Nantz and Romo said. That is why it got reversed. They said that black came up from the turf. Bullshit. I never saw anything come up from the turf from the left foot. Think for yourselves instead of letting 2 clueless homos make an improper call for you.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Seems to be a weekly thing now.

Seattle Slew

Look again, there was stuff coming up from the ground. The replay guy already said they overturned it because he didn't have control, not because his feet were not in. The FOX rules expert said the play should have stood.

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    This is ridiculous. His foot was NOT touching or dragging. Despite what the homos Nantz and Romo said. That is why it got reversed. They said that black came up from the turf. Bullshit. I never saw anything come up from the turf from the left foot. Think for yourselves instead of letting 2 clueless homos make an improper call for you.

Seattle Slew

NFL tries to explain call on their Twitter feed. Guy says foot was dragging, but when he secured the ball, the foot was now off the ground. Not sure how he can tell foot is off the ground from the angle he uses with arrows.

https://twitter.com/NFLFootballOps?r...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

gojetsgomoxies

i did notice the puff of dirt but i thought that was the foot that wasn't in question. took me a few replays to figure that out although it might be wrong.

i'll have to look more at it............ to me, it's inconclusive. therefore i'd just go with on-field call (no matter which way it was)......

i honestly think they should do instant replay at full-speed. and look for clear evidence at that standard. correcting refs calls based on super slo-mo doesn't seem consistent with what live refs have to work with.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

pure robbery

gojetsgomoxies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC5tzffK3fM

turn down volume on video as it has alot of stupid expletives.

i just don't see a point where his left foot is down AND he has control of the ball......... he has control well before his general body goes out of bounds. but for the life of me, i don't see evidence of that left foot being down. it seems to drag off the ground for a long time (a long time in instant replay)

of course, given the on-field call then the burden of proof is that his foot isn't down.... which is what i think........ but it is very hard to tell.