Quote Originally Posted by smith131 View Post
    I had them at -2.5
    good shit man. i know you were sweating

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Brady is now 9-2 straight up against Ben
    Thanks, would have thought theyve played more than 11 times.

smith131
    smith131's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    good shit man. i know you were sweating
    I figured it was a loser after that huge play. But then again I had a ton on them in the super bowl last year and when they beat the sea chickens. Talk about sweating a game out
    Points Awarded:

JayDr3am gave smith131 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

First it’s breaks not brakes. There is a difference, look it up.

Secondly as a receiver you have to maintain possession all the way through the catch. It’s called the Calvin Johnson rule. I don’t agree with it and think it’s the dumbest rule ever because as a runner you can throw the ball across the goal line.

Thirdly, Tomlin is an idiot. You got the lucky 70 yard run and after all the shit you had a chance for overtime and home field advantage. But Tomlin being the idiot that he is decides to go for it and it cost him.

So no the Steelers didn’t get cheated. They lost the game because their coach is a moron.
    How do people on a forum not know this rule? How long has it been around? Then it seems every week we get one of these calls and someone on the forum thinks they got ripped off when the ref is actually making the correct call on a stupid rule.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

I figured it was a loser after that huge play. But then again I had a ton on them in the super bowl last year and when they beat the sea chickens. Talk about sweating a game out
    yeah i thought my under 53 was donzo after that. easily thinking overtime but thats arguably the worst play call ive seen since malarkey did a fake fg on their own 30 on 4th and 5

smith131
    smith131's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    How do people on a forum not know this rule? How long has it been around? Then it seems every week we get one of these calls and someone on the forum thinks they got ripped off when the ref is actually making the correct call on a stupid rule.
    Because they bet the other side and just want to blame something. The rule is the rule. And until they change it, it will suck until they change it.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

yes, to judge a referee or replay official's call it certainly helps to know the rules... clearly not a catch. EDIT: don't get me wrong, i've been guilty of this.

i'm not crazy about the precise, tortured wording they've resorted to but i guess there was too much variation in refereeing without it.

not even sure that was a catch under some sort old "possession/control" vague standard. it's close. probably a catch by that standard. but those aren't the rules any longer.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8491

First 12