SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

NFL Pick Em League: Just Take The Favorites???

I'm in a pick em league with a total of 24 guys. Grand price is about 75 premium cigars. 2nd and 3rd gets a few cigars as well.

I just did a week to week tally to see what would have happened if I had just picked only the favorites every week.

As it turns out, the favorite has won 107 times this NFL season including todays games.

In our league, the guy in 1st place has 108 correct picks.

I'm in 2nd place with 106.

With only a few weeks left, I'm wondering if I can win this thing without having to try.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Not if guy with 108 reads the forum, lol.

SteveRyan

It did cross my mind....

2daBank

I'm pretty brutal when it comes to those, I'm sure if I just played all the favs I'd do better. Only one I play anymore has weekly prize which works for me as about 2-3 times a year all the stars align and all my dogs hit! Only gotta cash once to pay back entry then rest profits, I'm always way behind leaders in season long tho, even years I've cashed 4 weeks, the way i pick some 4/5 win weeks inevitable!! lol.,gl

SteveRyan

We both picked Seahawks for tonights game. I was hoping he picked Atlanta, but now that they're running sh*t I guess not.

2daBank

This outcome far from decided. Gonna take 38 to win this game!

SteveRyan

I ended up taking 1st place in this pickem winning 60 premium, long leaf cigars. Several Cubans in the mix as well.

I picked favorites for the rest of the season. I think only one guy was hip to what I was doing. He copied me and we ended up being tied in this final week. He didn't notice however that the 49'ers were actually favored to win the game. He picked The Rams because Yahoo had them in the left column with all the other favorites.