Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

What was the NFL like before instant replay?

I honestly cant remember anymore. It's just amazing how many plays are ruled incorrect, and overturned...especially game changing or game deciding plays. Did we think twice about these plays 15-20 years ago?

Metatron
    Metatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Before HD TV and multiple camera angles there were not many plays that could be reviewed and the detail in the video was not good enough to review regardless. Most of the time people didn't care because it looked like a catch on TV so it was a catch. The argument can be made reviews suck most of the time because they just slow down the game. On scoring plays though it is very important... I remember a Jets game in 1998 where they came back against the Seahawks where Vinnie Testaverde clearly was NOT into the end zone but it was ruled a touchdown. Everyone screamed for reviews at that time. Since then one of the biggest changes is retarded rules (tuck rule, Megatron catch rule, the weird ass fumble in the Jets game last week) where everyone is left scratching their heads because this shit isn't that hard but the NFL makes it hard. I'd rather have replay though, because most of the time the review does make the correct call. In game changing situations it's a must.