mtofell
    mtofell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4680

Trump is definitely an ass with the way he bullies people and is just so brash. That being said, IMO the country has gone off the deep end trying not to offend anyone so Trump isn't such a bad thing right now. I just wish he had a little more Obama-like polish with his delivery. I never much cared for or believed much of anything Obama had to say but he sure did sound good saying it.

The irony is Trump doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks and it's worked for him so far. Most on the left hate him so much that I honestly believe it's having an impact on their physical and mental health. To that end he's definitely getting the last laugh. The same people still don't want to take any blame for nominating a piss poor flawed candidate in HRC.

As much as Trump drives me nuts with his delivery I am happy to see somewhat of a new direction for our country.

This whole NFL and Hollywood thing is just such a joke. The entire thing is predicated on an invalid argument. Numerous studies have been done (many by very liberal/left organizations) and there just aren't statistics to back up that minorities are being targeted and shot at any more than non-minorities. It's just that Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson (and CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC and ABC) don't give a crap when a white guy with a felony record refusing to drop his weapon gets blown away by the police. I just love it when overpaid athletes and movie actors try to tell everyone else what it's really like to struggle.

I find myself watching less NFL this year for a variety of reasons. Politics is among them along with a crappy product and just having more interest in college ball.
    Points Awarded:

Ra77er gave mtofell 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

RoyBacon gave mtofell 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    NFL Stadiums built on tax payer money.
    Some do, some don't. But that has nothing to do with "change tax law." That's not a tax law.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Nobody supports flag kneelers except blacks and very far leftists. Together those groups make up about about 20% of the population.

Trump is a populist, which means he will always gravitate towards issues that the majority believes in. Flag kneelers is an easy spot and it's not even controversial. Stand for the fukking flag when you are on company time. It's so simple. Anyone opposed to this is going to get rightfully ridiculed.
    That's it in a nutshell.

Guys saying its his right to kneel are no where near the point. Not his right at all. Try working at Walmart and taking a knee or maybe you are a surgeon and during surgery feel its time to take a knee. These guys are at work and are obligated to stand. It's in their contract for God's sake.

Another poster made a great point that its only blacks and far left wingers that are for the kneelers so this is a perfect target for a populist president.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

He's going to strip Federal Tax Exempt status from the bonds floated to build stadiums

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    He's going to strip Federal Tax Exempt status from the bonds floated to build stadiums
    a. No chance
    b. That's not an NFL tax break.

Trump is clueless. As usual.

Jnelson1182
    MBF
    Jnelson1182's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 517

I think it was dumb and a waste of taxpayers $ for the vp to stop at the Indy game only to leave when not all the players stood for the anthem. When people kneel during the anthem they are not doing it to disrespect the flag or anyone they are doing it in a stand against something to show that we as a people have a problem with something. If anything kneeling is just another form of our right to freedom of speech an they should not be punished for it.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by Jnelson1182 View Post
    I think it was dumb and a waste of taxpayers $ for the vp to stop at the Indy game only to leave when not all the players stood for the anthem. When people kneel during the anthem they are not doing it to disrespect the flag or anyone they are doing it in a stand against something to show that we as a people have a problem with something. If anything kneeling is just another form of our right to freedom of speech an they should not be punished for it.
    If it has nothing to do with the flag, then fukkin stand for the flag. Take your knees, or moment of silence or whatever bullshit snowflake excuse you are using to "make a statement" and do so at halftime, or some other time. Do it for the coin toss. Do it in the end zone after you score a TD.

It's an NFL rule that you stand for the national anthem. Period. Your employer says these are the work rules. You can either abide, or GTFO.

Brian891
    Brian891's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3624

Trump is a genius no doubt about it. Got everyone talking about this instead of all that is going on in world right now. Pence thing was an obvious stunt but worked to get people more riled up. Players spent a year protesting without real controversy except for kaep, who may have been blackballed but tough nfl is at will employment and teams can make those choices. Trump turned this into a giant issue as a beautiful smokescreen. Half of players or more who kneeled on Sept 24th and after did it more as a condemnation of trump and his sons of bitches comment than actual protest about racial injustice. I just think its hilarious how many people get so butthurt about the issue. DOnt watch the games if youre that upset. Most NFL fans would watch if somebody took a shit at midfield every 20 minutes. Ive had season tickets for 17 years and believe me maybe half the stadium is there for anthem. People talk and yell and leave their hats on and mostly stumble in drunk or are concerned about using bathroom or concessions. Also, its not like NFL does anthem to honor anyone. all of the military branches pay NFL for the pageantry and flyovers and anthems etc. Look it up Articles everywhere about how much Army pays NFL. Its a sensitive whiny culture right now and people want to bitch about everything and blow it up into big deal. Half the military guys they interview about this are like who gives a shit we fought for their right to do this. Just turn the game on at 105 or dvr it and fast forward. Shit only thing i care about is can i gamble on it?

First 12