1. #1
    Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-13-06
    Posts: 14,297
    Betpoints: 54

    I think it's blatent that Trump is just trying to get revenge on the NFL.

    People have brought this point up before and I think it's 100% dead on. He's now brought up changing the tax laws in regards to the NFL not making the players stand. Why the hell is he obsessing on this???


    Either he's getting revenge on the NFL or he keeps this story going for deflection reasons and wants to keep the media occupied. One or the other.

  2. #2
    brooks85
    rkelly sniffs during golden showers
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-05-09
    Posts: 44,528
    Betpoints: 831

    love it, NFL is a corrupt organization so it's great to see their fake product suffer.

  3. #3
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 35,267
    Betpoints: 1448

    The same people who love Trump picking winners and losers complained when they thought Obama did it and will complain if the next guy does it. Hypocrites all of them.

  4. #4
    Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-30-05
    Posts: 58,074
    Betpoints: 36

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    The same people who love Trump picking winners and losers complained when they thought Obama did it and will complain if the next guy does it. Hypocrites all of them.

    bitter much ?

  5. #5
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 35,267
    Betpoints: 1448

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    bitter much ?
    No. Facts.

  6. #6
    Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-30-05
    Posts: 58,074
    Betpoints: 36

    Hypocrites = Libs

    When Obama tried to shut down whole Industries putting 10s of thousands of hard working middle class people out of work

    Now Libs are worried and OUTRAGED over multimillionaires (NFL)

  7. #7
    bonz
    bonz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-09-17
    Posts: 324
    Betpoints: 18

    Trump is a sociopath regardless of politics. He has no time for you people only for himself.

  8. #8
    thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-25-11
    Posts: 20,472
    Betpoints: 24

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Hypocrites = Libs

    When Obama tried to shut down whole Industries putting 10s of thousands of hard working middle class people out of work

    Now Libs are worried and OUTRAGED over multimillionaires (NFL)
    Party of the people Sammy
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/29/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  9. #9
    grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-01-12
    Posts: 16,021
    Betpoints: 2571

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Hypocrites = Mostly everyone
    Fixed

  10. #10
    Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-30-05
    Posts: 58,074
    Betpoints: 36

    greasy = Hypocrite

    OK... if you say so

  11. #11
    RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-21-05
    Posts: 33,398
    Betpoints: 6894

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Hypocrites = Libs

    When Obama tried to shut down whole Industries putting 10s of thousands of hard working middle class people out of work

    Now Libs are worried and OUTRAGED over multimillionaires (NFL)
    And the exact same fuggers will argue for limits on CEO pay. It's a butt hurt comedy show.

  12. #12
    grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-01-12
    Posts: 16,021
    Betpoints: 2571

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    greasy = Hypocrite

    OK... if you say so

    Take note of the qualifier: "Mostly"

    Greaser in the minority on this one

  13. #13
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 35,267
    Betpoints: 1448

    BTW, does anyone know what "massive tax breaks" the NFL is getting that Trump is talking about?

  14. #14
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar File Clerk
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 377,373
    Betpoints: 964

    Trump got them to obey like they should be

  15. #15
    grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-01-12
    Posts: 16,021
    Betpoints: 2571

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    BTW, does anyone know what "massive tax breaks" the NFL is getting that Trump is talking about?

    Prior to 2015 the NFL was a 501(c)3, (a non-profit). But they gave that status up.

    This did not include NFL teams, only the central office. Teams have always paid tax as corporations.

  16. #16
    infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-16-08
    Posts: 4,556
    Betpoints: 120

    I think Trump knew that most of America was on his side for this one. It's pretty ignorant in an entertainment industry to take up this cause by protesting during the anthem. Make a political statement in a public domain and it doesn't matter what you said you just pissed off 50% of the people you want to support your business. Raising awareness is great and everything, but you have to do it during the one time everyone should unite and give thanks for our freedoms and those who have selflessly defended the country, and regardless of what you feel, a time in which is unarguably a time most American's take seriously.

    Not often does an opportunity present itself with a loud minority (those in favor of the protests) that is naturally opposed to his position as a republican president that allows him to attack them and gain favorable opinions from a decent bit of middle line voters.

    It's a perfect storm of politics aligning for him and he took it and ran.

  17. #17
    House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-04-11
    Posts: 7,022
    Betpoints: 5492

    Last edited by House; 10-10-17 at 10:48 AM.

  18. #18
    mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-01-11
    Posts: 2,840
    Betpoints: 2982

    Well Trump sure got Jerry Jones to fall off his rocker. I'll give millions to woman beaters and scumbags but I draw a line in the sand when it comes to the anthem...what a f*ckin idiot

  19. #19
    grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-01-12
    Posts: 16,021
    Betpoints: 2571

    Quote Originally Posted by infamousbacardi View Post
    I think Trump knew that most of America was on his side for this one. It's pretty ignorant in an entertainment industry to take up this cause by protesting during the anthem. Make a political statement in a public domain and it doesn't matter what you said you just pissed off 50% of the people you want to support your business. Raising awareness is great and everything, but you have to do it during the one time everyone should unite and give thanks for our freedoms and those who have selflessly defended the country, and regardless of what you feel, a time in which is unarguably a time most American's take seriously.

    Not often does an opportunity present itself with a loud minority (those in favor of the protests) that is naturally opposed to his position as a republican president that allows him to attack them and gain favorable opinions from a decent bit of middle line voters.

    It's a perfect storm of politics aligning for him and he took it and ran.


    The NFL won't be helped by this form of protest, but the players are getting what they want.

    If they did it in a way that didn't piss anyone off, it wouldn't be getting anywhere near this much attention.

  20. #20
    bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-01-12
    Posts: 4,531
    Betpoints: 125

    Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump 4h4 hours agoMore



    Why is the NFL getting massive tax breaks while at the same time disrespecting our Anthem, Flag and Country? Change tax law!


  21. #21
    infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-16-08
    Posts: 4,556
    Betpoints: 120

    Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    The NFL won't be helped by this form of protest, but the players are getting what they want.

    If they did it in a way that didn't piss anyone off, it wouldn't be getting anywhere near this much attention.
    But does it become a matter of detracting from their cause? Is this the same as no publicity is bad publicity, or does doing it in a way to support their cause but put down the cause of others (Americanism) and thus creating divisiveness instead of unity toward their cause?

  22. #22
    grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-01-12
    Posts: 16,021
    Betpoints: 2571

    Quote Originally Posted by infamousbacardi View Post
    But does it become a matter of detracting from their cause? Is this the same as no publicity is bad publicity, or does doing it in a way to support their cause but put down the cause of others (Americanism) and thus creating divisiveness instead of unity toward their cause?


    Very complex issue.

    I personally don't believe that black people are at a disadvantage in today's America.

    But I am looking through the eyes of a white guy.

    Either way, I don't understand why people get so worked up about them kneeling.

    Its like people only agree with the 1st Amendment if they agree with a person's speech/motive.

    But then again I am not a veteran either.

  23. #23
    mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-01-11
    Posts: 2,840
    Betpoints: 2982

    Quote Originally Posted by infamousbacardi View Post
    But does it become a matter of detracting from their cause? Is this the same as no publicity is bad publicity, or does doing it in a way to support their cause but put down the cause of others (Americanism) and thus creating divisiveness instead of unity toward their cause?
    Absolutely...I really believe most Americans are of the feeling that their fellow Americans can do whatever they want for the most part re: religion, politics, education, lifestyle, etc. as long as they are not shoving down other peoples throat. If you wanna practice Buddhism, great, more power to you but I sure as sh*t don't wanna hear about it for 3 hours over Thanksgiving dinner. If we go to happy hour for a beer and you lean left and I lean right, don't sit their and spew hard hitting political issues and I'll do the same....see these players are basically ruining "happy hour" for a lot of people who are sick and tired of all the political bullsh*t in this country, they chose the "biggest stage" in the NFL but unfortunately it was the wrong stage.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: grease lightnin

  24. #24
    pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-15-15
    Posts: 16,517
    Betpoints: 223

    Lol how many times we gonna hear this get over it op

  25. #25
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 35,267
    Betpoints: 1448

    Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Prior to 2015 the NFL was a 501(c)3, (a non-profit). But they gave that status up.

    This did not include NFL teams, only the central office. Teams have always paid tax as corporations.
    Right, so that's not an issue anymore.

    So what is he talking about? It's a mystery. Another one I never expect him to answer. Everything's a mystery or a cliffhanger with this guy.

    He just wants people to be pissed at the NFL that they are getting some kind of tax breaks. Doesn't have to actually be true. Really, it's right up to the line on possible defamation.

  26. #26
    grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-01-12
    Posts: 16,021
    Betpoints: 2571

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Right, so that's not an issue anymore.

    So what is he talking about? It's a mystery. Another one I never expect him to answer. Everything's a mystery or a cliffhanger with this guy.

    He just wants people to be pissed at the NFL that they are getting some kind of tax breaks. Doesn't have to actually be true. Really, it's right up to the line on possible defamation.

    Probably misinformed as usual

  27. #27
    Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-29-13
    Posts: 7,398
    Betpoints: 10873

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    BTW, does anyone know what "massive tax breaks" the NFL is getting that Trump is talking about?
    NFL Stadiums built on tax payer money.

  28. #28
    Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-29-13
    Posts: 7,398
    Betpoints: 10873

    Quote Originally Posted by infamousbacardi View Post
    I think Trump knew that most of America was on his side for this one. It's pretty ignorant in an entertainment industry to take up this cause by protesting during the anthem. Make a political statement in a public domain and it doesn't matter what you said you just pissed off 50% of the people you want to support your business. Raising awareness is great and everything, but you have to do it during the one time everyone should unite and give thanks for our freedoms and those who have selflessly defended the country, and regardless of what you feel, a time in which is unarguably a time most American's take seriously.

    Not often does an opportunity present itself with a loud minority (those in favor of the protests) that is naturally opposed to his position as a republican president that allows him to attack them and gain favorable opinions from a decent bit of middle line voters.

    It's a perfect storm of politics aligning for him and he took it and ran.
    Nobody supports flag kneelers except blacks and very far leftists. Together those groups make up about about 20% of the population.

    Trump is a populist, which means he will always gravitate towards issues that the majority believes in. Flag kneelers is an easy spot and it's not even controversial. Stand for the fukking flag when you are on company time. It's so simple. Anyone opposed to this is going to get rightfully ridiculed.

  29. #29
    Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-13-06
    Posts: 14,297
    Betpoints: 54

    Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 30m30 minutes ago

    While Adrian Peterson trade came down, NFL said owners will consider a rule change that would require players to stand for national anthem.

  30. #30
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-13-09
    Posts: 19,541
    Betpoints: 8460

    Here is what these idiot black players have bought themselves. The NFL stands to lose a ton of money over this black led issue. Do you really think that the owners are going to lose one cent? What they will do is simply cut the players who are protesting when their next contracts come up and take on more rookies. Rookies are a lot cheaper than vets. So 4 or maybe 5 years and then out for these blacks. In 2020, when the next contract talks roll around, the owners lock the players out and really make them suffer. The beauty of this is that there is not a thing that the blacks can do about this except whine and cry, and all that does is make things worse for them.

  31. #31
    Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-29-13
    Posts: 7,398
    Betpoints: 10873

    Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Here is what these idiot black players have bought themselves. The NFL stands to lose a ton of money over this black led issue. Do you really think that the owners are going to lose one cent? What they will do is simply cut the players who are protesting when their next contracts come up and take on more rookies. Rookies are a lot cheaper than vets. So 4 or maybe 5 years and then out for these blacks. In 2020, when the next contract talks roll around, the owners lock the players out and really make them suffer. The beauty of this is that there is not a thing that the blacks can do about this except whine and cry, and all that does is make things worse for them.
    A whiter league would be better for the NFL. It certainly hasn't hurt the Patriots.

    I'd love to see the "will you kneel at the flag" be asked at the combine. Watch those guys lose draft stock.

    NFL's a business and all businesses know that your employees can't be pissing off the customers.

  32. #32
    grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-01-12
    Posts: 16,021
    Betpoints: 2571

    Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    A whiter league would be better for the NFL. It certainly hasn't hurt the Patriots.

    I'd love to see the "will you kneel at the flag" be asked at the combine. Watch those guys lose draft stock.

    NFL's a business and all businesses know that your employees can't be pissing off the customers.
    It would be safer. Less CTE with white guys only.

  33. #33
    Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 13,025
    Betpoints: 5426

    Pretty obvious Trump needs the NFL/anthem to remain in the headlines to distract everyone from the fact that he has done absolutely nothing in his first 9 months in office but talk.

  34. #34
    Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 13,025
    Betpoints: 5426

    Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    A whiter league would be better for the NFL. It certainly hasn't hurt the Patriots.

    I'd love to see the "will you kneel at the flag" be asked at the combine. Watch those guys lose draft stock.

    NFL's a business and all businesses know that your employees can't be pissing off the customers.
    yeah ok. The league would contract to 4 teams.

  35. #35
    Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-09-09
    Posts: 30,178

    Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Pretty obvious Trump needs the NFL/anthem to remain in the headlines to distract everyone from the fact that he has done absolutely nothing in his first 9 months in office but talk.
    Absolutely nothing. Gotcha.

    Damn, both extremes of each side are so fckin blind.

12 Last
Top