bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

You guys need to stop taking this so personally.

He's not talking about getting rid of gambling. He's just pointing out the NFL's hypocrisy.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave bigtymer56 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

R40
    Update your status
    R40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

True. He is way smarter than the average white man though as this thread shows.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Sherman is a Black crybaby. He shoots his mouth off to fire LIberals like you up. You should really stay the hell out of Football threads. The truth of the matter is that no one gives a shit about what you think. Go back to your girl friend Hillary and complain to her.
    He made an intelligent comment and YOU got fired up. I said settle down Nancy because nothing that he said was wrong. I don't follow any label nor did I vote for Hillary.
    Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    i think i see a man crush!
    or a possible bromance brewing... not sure why you feel the need to kiss his ass so much, the guy wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire
    Pointing out that the guy is not an idiot is a man crush? I'm okay with that. Why would I need him to piss on me if I was on fire? What does that have to do with the discussion? I'm just not a hater. I can appreciate what he's done with his life. I can also appreciate him pointing out the NFL hypocrisy that has obviously gone over so many people's heads in this thread. The folks with the lowest IQ's, no job, broke as hell, seem to be the ones that criticize him and call him dumb.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

If I made 1-25 million a year my boss could be the biggest hypocrite on the planet and I wouldn't say a fuucckkin word.
    He is just as big a hypocrite as the league is. Without the league he works 9 to 5. Maybe he should show how much character he has by refusing to become filthy rich off such a "hypocritical" league.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    He made an intelligent comment and YOU got fired up. I said settle down Nancy because nothing that he said was wrong. I don't follow any label nor did I vote for Hillary.
    Pointing out that the guy is not an idiot is a man crush? I'm okay with that. Why would I need him to piss on me if I was on fire? What does that have to do with the discussion? I'm just not a hater. I can appreciate what he's done with his life. I can also appreciate him pointing out the NFL hypocrisy that has obviously gone over so many people's heads in this thread. The folks with the lowest IQ's, no job, broke as hell, seem to be the ones that criticize him and call him dumb.
    i hear you, but you have to admit you got a bit carried away with it

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    i hear you, but you have to admit you got a bit carried away with it
    Touche
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: milwaukee mike

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Seattle must be playing shitty Sherman needs to take out the frustration on something other than yelling at teammates on the sideline when he gets burned.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Sherman hasn't forgiven Carroll and Wilson for the Superbowl game.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    If I made 1-25 million a year my boss could be the biggest hypocrite on the planet and I wouldn't say a fuucckkin word.
    He is just as big a hypocrite as the league is. Without the league he works 9 to 5. Maybe he should show how much character he has by refusing to become filthy rich off such a "hypocritical" league.
    without league he is prison like most blacks

Mac4Lyfe

Bill Belichick has been criticizing the injury report for a long time now. Why pile on Sherman? Most coaches know that it's bullshit but many won't say it because they fall in line just like you would. Funny that you admit that you would roll over and allow hypocrisy because of money. Of course you wouldn't say anything because you live your life in fear, not abundance.

You say without the league Sherman would work 9 to 5. What the hell is wrong with working 9 to 5? You don't think he would be successful doing something else? Did you care to think that without the players, what would the NFL do? The problem is that the players have been too segmented for far too long and too many guys that are sheep and will do whatever the league tells them to do. Most are uneducated, so they don't know the power they have and have allowed the league to fukk them over for quite some time. NFL contracts are a joke, NO ONE EVER sees the end of their contract because it doesn't happen. Players healthcare nonexistent, retirement program is geared to not pay you, etc., etc. They are playing in one of the most hazardous sports, with limited shelf life and long term health issues but the players union is a joke and rolls over year after year. It's going to take some key players to make a stand in order to help the majority of dumb asses that can't stand up for themselves.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

I understand Sherman's point now if he's sick of answering the same questions about injuries if he hasnt missed a game. Besides that I dont see how they even do those stupid interviews, surprised there isnt more Marshawn Lynch types. They ask the same stupid questions and all you hear are the same mundane answers. Why ask about gameplans as if any player or coach is going to tell you those things, nobody ever got any insight from those dumb questions and answers.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Prob boils down to Sherman like perhaps many NFL players dont want their injury issues out there in the public especially if theyre going to play. Opposing players have an angle this way even though the hurt player is medicated to the tilt.
    If teams really cared about injury disclosures for competitive edges, they would list everyone on the roster as questionable.

Or, they could list hurt players as probable. Would the NFL fine teams who do this? Or healthy players as doubtful...that would really screw people. I think it would make gambling more fun if teams lied on the injury report.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I have to agree.. I'd say half is not more of the people that watch football bet it.. If they didn't have action they might not watch it or go to the games.. Gambling fuels most major sports and without gambling major sports would suffer greatly...
    Without gambling there would be zero 1 on 1 sports. Boxing and tennis would never survive.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    You guys need to stop taking this so personally.

He's not talking about getting rid of gambling. He's just pointing out the NFL's hypocrisy.
    Sherman is still a turd thinking that we all didn't know it's (NFL) based on gambling.

He wants to sound educated.... sounds like an a$$hole.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    If teams really cared about injury disclosures for competitive edges, they would list everyone on the roster as questionable.

Or, they could list hurt players as probable. Would the NFL fine teams who do this? Or healthy players as doubtful...that would really screw people. I think it would make gambling more fun if teams lied on the injury report.
    And if anything injury reports hurts the gambling newbie who doesnt understand it. Many new gamblers will think probable mean he might not play, but probable seems to always play. Same thing with questionable pretty much. I always think a player is playing unless it specifically says "OUT" or "DOUBTFUL".

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Who really cares what Sherman has to say about anything??

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

OK- I've got a completely different take on this.

First, I'm purely speculating, but Sherman's objection to the injury report probably has more to do with how the stereotype of 'injury prone' impacts salaries, terms and negotiations. I'm guessing the players would prefer the information not be public.

Second, I consider the injury report the equivalent of discovery in the civil process. Each team discloses evidence to the other side so that each team can prepare the best gameplay and the league maintain a fair and competitive balance weekly by not having numerous and suspicious additions to the roster or changes to deoth charts at the last minute. The disclosure of injuries- no matter how articulate or specific, is fair and helps ensure each team is prepared for a clean fight every Sunday.

That the league does this and is deemed a league of strong integrity is why it is the most bet upon in all sports. Without the public disclosure we'd have only TMZ style rumor and induendo- it'd be glorified WWE.

Sherman is a brilliant man who has made himself a role model for urban youth, but he is misguided in his point of view here, his comments are self serving and short sighted.

Axman3000
    Axman3000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Sherman lived in gang infested Compton, where his dad was shot 2 times in the chest sitting on the porch with friends. He rose up out of a very difficult situation where he graduated HS with a 4.2 GPA. He was a math wiz with photographic memory. Got into one of the hardest schools in the country, playing receiver at Stanford, where he caught one of the most memorable catches that fueled the most epic upsets in sports (Stanford over USC as 41 point dogs). Moved from receiver to DB where he worked his way up. Could memorize playbooks and routes like coaches never seen. Graduated on time and is working on a masters degree. Voted most likely to succeed in HS (and that was not in football), motivated many of his teammates at Stanford towards them getting their degrees, help recruit some of the best talent to ever come to that college. Recognized as one of the best DB's in the league. He is one of the most heavily endorsed football players in the NFL. Has a net worth in excess of $30 million dollars...

but he's an idiot for pointing out the NFL gambling hypocrisy??? Wow!
    An idiot can be book smart. I have seen plenty of them.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Sherman go back to ghetto where you belong with a bottle of booze in a paper bag

I got the paper bag

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by R40 View Post
    Everything he said was 100% accurate. He was ripping the league for claiming to be against gambling when the injury report is entirely for gambling information. He said if a guy was going to play, what was the point of putting him on the report? 100% idiot responses here.

He knows where the money is coming from, he doesn't like the league pretending they are against gambling.
    Well everyone would echo what you just said, only problem is, Sherman is black.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Did you read the article? Why are you ripping Sherman? He's basically calling out the NFL and Goodell for being fukkking hypocrites. On one hand they act like they are so opposed to gambling but on the other hand the only reason they have the injury report is to cater to Vegas and fantasy leagues. Sherman is spot on here. I don't understand what you are getting at? NFL tries to do everything possible to protect the integrity of the game while we all know they don't give a shit.
    Exactly Mac. Some of these idiots on this site have a problem with anyone having an opinion as long as it is opposite of theirs. Who in the world would have a problem with this but another hypocrite. The guy is dead on here. The nfl is a joke and the only reason they don't want legalize gambling is Because they want a massive cut of the action like they get in Vegas. This league is more corrupt than boxing.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Sherman go back to ghetto where you belong with a bottle of booze in a paper bag
    After you jam your bald head back up inside your mom's dirty, yeasty, smelly, disease infested gaping hole of a vagina I will personally drive Sherman to the worst neighborhood in LA area.

He is right about the injury reports though. No reason for them to be released aside from a gambling aspect.

Thor4140

Everything he said was 100% accurate. He was ripping the league for claiming to be against gambling when the injury report is entirely for gambling information. He said if a guy was going to play, what was the point of putting him on the report? 100% idiot responses here.

He knows where the money is coming from, he doesn't like the league pretending they are against gambling.
    Lol were did this guy come from. Guys like u who make some sense are rare around here. I can see Brooks in your life some day.

Thor4140

Sherman a Stanford graduate, being called braindead by SBR posters lol.

Ryermkd
    God is Good
    Ryermkd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1882

graduated from Stanford University in 2010 with an undergraduate degree in communications.

Or as they used to call it in the old days, basket-weaving 101. I can't believe we're all making a big deal out of this, as if it wasn't common knowledge lol.... He might be brighter than your average football player, but that's about it.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

"Why is there a fukking injury report in pro football, huh? Nobody else has one, but pro football does. You know why? That's so the gamblers will have a fukking accurate spread."

-Jimmy Dix
    Last edited by Kermit; 09-21-17 at 05:37 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He’s actually an idiot

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11886

Entitled paid Athletes can't be told or expected what to do especially in the NFL.. They've gotten a free ride playing football their entire life, from high school to college, most come from the hoods also..

Can't expect them to act corporate or respect the big man or boss.. They can't even respect the Anthem these days how can we expect them to act professional off the field?
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-21-17 at 06:04 PM.

darrell74

Injury reports date from the 1940s, when the NFL commissioner, Bert Bell, was dealing with the aftermath of the 1946 championship game between the New York Giants and Chicago Bears. As chronicled in Michael MacCambridge's book "America's Game," there were concerns at the time that two New York players, Merle Hapes and Frank Filchock, had been approached by gamblers and that the game could be part of a fix. Bell ended up suspending both players and reached the conclusion that professional football could not survive unless it was base on absolute honesty. Starting in the 1947 season, Bell required all teams to publish a list of all injured players.
    Aiello said the injury reports had been tweaked over time, but their main objective has been to serve the public interest and eliminate inside information that could be exploited, like a player being paid for information regarding an injury to a teammate.
    Continue reading the main story

"The principal purpose of it is very important and is the premise on which Bert Bell first instituted them - protecting the integrity of our league," Aiello said.
    Whether the system is successful in that regard is debatable, as teams often report injuries but are not forthcoming about the severity of them because they might be protecting a competitive advantage.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/09/sp...6.html?mcubz=1

darrell74

^
    Sherman is an idiot
    Covering up injuries seems to be a recurrence with him

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    "Why is there a fukking injury report in pro football, huh? Nobody else has one, but pro football does. You know why? That's so the gamblers will have a fukking accurate spread."

-Jimmy Dix

Sherman thinks he's discovered some hidden secret.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 09-21-17 at 06:58 PM.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post

-Jimmy Dix
    gooooood movie and first thing i thought of too

nice call

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    gooooood movie and first thing i thought of too

nice call
    Always wanted to see a sequel to that one, but sadly it never happened.

Danielle Harris(Bruce Willis' daughter from the movie) grew up to be a hottie.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Kermit

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

You're missing the point here. No one cares what athletes have to say. I want to see them catch, throw and tackle. I don't care what they have to say. Interviewing athletes is about my biggest pet peeve. I never hear them say anything interesting or new.

First 123 Last