vinndy
    vinndy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3436

Aaron second best?

Hopefully I don't need to say who #1 is as we are an educated bunch. But after tonight I firmly believe that Rodgers may eventually end up being the second best QB. He is the full package QB. I know this may start some shit, but think about it logically in the spirit of the game. He's a badass, period.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

He's probably the best quarterback right now. At this stage of Brady's career, I'm not sure he's as good as Rodgers.

vinndy

Appreciate the reply, but I'm saying all time; not just right now or even current careers.

pazim
    Update your status
    pazim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 443

Quote Originally Posted by vinndy View Post
    Hopefully I don't need to say who #1 is as we are an educated bunch. But after tonight I firmly believe that Rodgers may eventually end up being the second best QB. He is the full package QB. I know this may start some shit, but think about it logically in the spirit of the game. He's a badass, period.
    Rodgers is better than Brady. Brady never made throws like Rodgers is making right now.

vinndy

I'm not comparing Rodgers to Brady, as far as I'm concerned that's not up for discussion. I'm talking all time qb's.

vinndy

Unless y'all think Brady is somehow #1.. I guess I should say that I think Montana is undisputed GOAT. I guess if y'all wanna argue the one, we can close the thread as that wasn't my intent.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Aaron is probably the best thrower of the football ever.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by vinndy View Post
    Unless y'all think Brady is somehow #1.. I guess I should say that I think Montana is undisputed GOAT. I guess if y'all wanna argue the one, we can close the thread as that wasn't my intent.
    Yes, Montana #1.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8491

there is no #1 greatest qb of all time. End of discussion

there are several tied for 1st

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Best right now yes I would have to say. It's truly an argument though that should live in the MOMENT and not big picture. I mean seriously how can you compare the gm from its inception up till late 80's /early 90's to the gm today? Answer is you absolutely cannot it's 180 degree difference and I'm just talking modern SB era here.

In general just WAY to many variables in these goat arguments and most just end up in same arbitrary banter amongst those "caught in moment", "delusional fanboys", or those too young to even have a valid take or have witnessed anything before like 1995 lol.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

For conversational purposes, I'd take Brady's career over everyone else's. Montana wouldn't even be in my top three. Starting a thread under the implication that Montana is the undisputed best qb ever is ridiculous. He isn't the Michael Jordan of football by any stretch of the imagination.

PackerBacker
    PackerBacker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24556

Montana hands down greatest QB off all-time

Rodgers greatest passer of all-time

There is a difference

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Again such a different gm there is no argument. Players now are so much more bigger , faster, stronger, and the rules especially make it so different. Then take into account it's about "right time right place" in football terms right system with a complete team around you!! Like Montana for instance great as he was certainly an argument could be made several guys from his era like Fouts and Marino were way more talented but never had the whole scheme to get the rings.

Far as rings go there are SO many variables there some "political/business" I believe , and some just lucky circumstances.For ex. was Troy Aikman as good a QB as Marino or Elway despite winning more rings than both combined? Hell NO he wasn't but Hershell Walker trade that mostly built his team and legacy sure went far didn't it!!

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Prime example would be one I gave to a buddy of mine other day. Great as say Tom Brady is for example.....what if the Cleveland Browns had drafted him? Land in a shitty spot like that and the Tom Brady we know never existed and that's most likely a fact! Even with his talents he's most likely a Josh McCown or maybe at best a Rich Gannon if he finally connects with right coach,system, team, later in his career. But winning and appearing in almost 2 handfuls of super bowls and future no brain 1st ballot hof would have never happened.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Again such a different gm there is no argument. Players now are so much more bigger , faster, stronger, and the rules especially make it so different. Then take into account it's about "right time right place" in football terms right system with a complete team around you!! Like Montana for instance great as he was certainly an argument could be made several guys from his era like Fouts and Marino were way more talented but never had the whole scheme to get the rings.

Far as rings go there are SO many variables there some "political/business" I believe , and some just lucky circumstances.For ex. was Troy Aikman as good a QB as Marino or Elway despite winning more rings than both combined? Hell NO he wasn't but Hershell Walker trade that mostly built his team and legacy sure went far didn't it!!
    Elway is the best qb nobody ever talks about. Took 3 shit show teams to the bowl on his back. Finally got some help and won 2.