Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

Vegas Must Really, Really Love Paying Out Those Lucrative Patriots Tickets Each Week!

Seriously, New England is now 6-2 ATS and those two "losses" were to Miami, after the Fins mounted a furious rally during an entire half of garbage time, and to Buffalo, when they (Patriots) had Jacoby Brissett under center.

But since the return of Tom Brady and Gronkzilla, the spreads have become even more laughable. The Pats are an easy 4-0 ATS and the games haven't even been close to the number. Furthermore, each and every one of those games featured RLM (reverse line movement) when the public was hammering the favored Pats.

I'm just making observations here. Is this cash-cow going to continue yielding that moneymilk, or are the linesmaking gurus going to pull their heads out of their collective asses and start posting numbers that actually make sense?
    Last edited by Eddy Munny; 10-30-16 at 03:54 PM.

mikefan1034
    mikefan1034's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1233

What should the lines be -14? Clown

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by mikefan1034 View Post
    What should the lines be -14? Clown
    Depends on the game, but that might be a more realistic place to start. Clown

trillz
    trillz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4470

Vegas gets their cut on every other sport, MLB, NHL, NBA etc. they're not worried about one NFL game per weekend. They will definitely start making the lines very high soon

readytowinem
    readytowinem's Avatar Become A Pro!

It will even out at some point...

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Seriously, New England is now 6-2 ATS and those two "losses" were to Miami, after the Fins mounted a furious rally during an entire half of garbage time, and to Buffalo, when they (Patriots) had Jacoby Brissett under center.

But since the return of Tom Brady and Gronkzilla, the spreads have become even more laughable. The Pats are an easy 4-0 ATS and the games haven't even been close to the number. Furthermore, each and every one of those games featured RLM (reverse line movement) when the public was hammering the favored Pats.

I'm just making observations here. Is this cash-cow going to continue yielding that moneymilk, or are the linesmaking gurus going to pull their heads out of their collective asses and start posting numbers that actually make sense?
    Been wondering the same thing. Actually bet the Pats today which is rare for me. I hate laying more than a FG in the NFL but the Pats are just a machine. Every one of the Pats lines feels like a trap. Cashed it today at least. You've been quiet Eddy. You usually provoke good conversation and discussiom about games. Haven't seen too much of that this year.

Hu$tle
    Hu$tle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1247

Pats ML has been money lets just hope they dont juice it too much shhhhhhhhh

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

Whenever they clinch the division, may look for some ATS losses (at least in 2H of blowouts)

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Pats closed around -7 today on road....bout good as gets for a road fave ever. You know this game Munny for every "freebie" the books give away they get it back at some point with a couple traps .....and then some! Nobody should ever question why if it's too easy in this business. Books always win ultimately! Seriously though who really was dumb enough to bet Buffs today? Lol why cause they won 2 straight? 1st vs Pats a team who beyond all stupidity mailed one in last year and didn't show up with home field on line? And this year vs a 3 string bum with no experience? Buff fans are delusional counting those as wins lol. Hope all is well E.M!!

Shark
    Shark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10442

I thought the pats vs Miami line was -6? Wouldn't that make them 7-1 ats? Still gross either way. I might have the wrong number from that Miami game. It's pretty amazing how after all these years belichik, Brady and gronk are still crushing spreads week in week out. Can't beat em join em ( that's when they won't cover lol)

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Yeah pats were -6.5 vs miami

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by Renegades View Post
    Yeah pats were -6.5 vs miami
    You're right, my fault. For some reason I thought the Fins backdoor'd that game but I stand corrected. So that puts them at 7-1 ATS which highlights my point even more.

So outside of game 2 of the Jacoby Brissett experiment (he won his first start against Hou) the Patriots have been destroying the league, and bookmakers, with methodical precision.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

The head scratcher is tomorrows line. -4? Really? Vegas clearly wants to gamble. They are inviting minny money purposely. I used to think Vegas wanted equal action but they clearly dont in certain instances

readytowinem
    readytowinem's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lol...the house always wins. don't forget that

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post

Just to back up Eddy
    , the Boston Herald has their "resident gambling expert". Today in his article, as he cleaned up yet again, he even stated the Pat's line vs. Buffalo should have been between 10-14 !!!! He himself was "buffaloed" by the low line going on to make his points known: The revenge factor, the pre-game fight last game, and Mr. Brady being back with a record somewhere like 25 -2 vs. Buffalo. Even Rex couldn't argue, and didn't attempt to. GO Pat's .

omega
    omega's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2370

Why even call attention to it, just cash it and shut the fukk up, dumbass
    Points Awarded:

Hu$tle gave omega 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Quote Originally Posted by omega View Post
    That seems a little aggressive

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

They covered a line of -22 a few years back.

dreamchaser
    dreamchaser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

I too have been puzzled by the patriots lines the past few weeks. Even the -10.5 against Cleveland seemed laughable, considering Clevelaand was starting a third string QB. Thought it should have been -17.

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

I thought the lines were too low too! But I didn't grab em! Bent thinking was "everyone and their brother is on them" and "the books know what their doing, and the line is that way for a reason"

Way overthinking!
    Points Awarded:

Hu$tle gave Roscoe_Word 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Eddy Munny

Eat a dikk, you saucy little twat... This thread is intended to provoke discussion about the soft lines set on New England's behalf. If you're worried that the linesmaking honchos are hunkered down in their underground handicapping compound, sifting through all the SBR discourse to uncover their own weaknesses, and use such revelatory info to subvert the general public with "new and improved" lines the following week, that just speaks to your own paranoia. Sorry I spoiled your meal ticket, loser.
    Points Awarded:

fecgp40 gave Eddy Munny 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

Are YOU talking to ME ???? WTF is that all about???? You drinking "moonshine" ????
    Points Awarded:

omega gave 44 Mag 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Eddy Munny

Well, here we go. Another Patriots game with heavy public backing. Is this the night Tommy and the gang fail to cover or is Vegas continuing their weekly handout?

trillz
    trillz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4470

Eddy..Vegas already cleaned up today. Pats with ease

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by trillz View Post
    Eddy..Vegas already cleaned up today. Pats with ease
    The point remains nonetheless. Regardless of how the other games turned out, Patriot games are routinely ones with the highest volume of bets, especially when they are stand-alone contests in primetime like tonight's game. Linesmakers have failed to compensate thus far.

Eddy Munny

It looks as though the power of this thread has reversed the phenomena and now my Seahawks ticket has a terrific chance to cash! Let's go!