Ro0k
    Ro0k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2492

Bills and Titans Discussion

Why are the Bills a dog here? Is it solely because they're on the road? Did Baltimore improve during the offseason? Even with Flacco, how does Buffalo not win this game? Tyrod, McCoy and Watkins vs Flacco, RBBC and...Aiken? Buffalo has the better defense too, right?

Bridgewater out. Titan's home with an improved O-line, brought in Rishard Mathews and Demarco Murray. Mariota's sophomore year. They should be able to control the clock right? Is Shaun Hill capable or is this going to be the Titans vs AP?

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Believe it or not buffalo defense on paper is actually worse this year than last. Both teams have alot of question marks including Flacco health and buffalo pass rush but one thing that's certain is Harbaugh is a better hc than both of buddy Ryan sons combined.

Even with Bridgewater out Minnesota still has a borderline elite defense that can stop the run without loading up the box. Tennessee will most likely go run heavy in game plan which plays right into the Minnesota hands.

If anything I'll probably play the under on the titans/Vikings total but most likely stay away from both games. If I decide to jump in I'll post my play so that u could doi the opposite and win

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

When I look At Balty/buf I see points for real. I suspect flacco will revive Mike Wallace from the dead being this the 1st qb he has had since big rapist who can actually take advantage of his ability to blow the top off of defenses, guy was rotting last few years with tannehill who can't hit a barn from 40 yards and caption teddy check down last season. Allegedly perriman finally healthy, he has plenty of talent, Steve smith a go and will be harder to deal w than last year before his injury considering he now has help opposed to have to carry the wr Corp, he should have a lot more space to work underneath once they remind teams they have to leave a safety over the top to deal w Wallace.

Balty d has gotten slower and slower in front 7, pretty sure this 1st time Tyrod is getting to face his old team. I don't think they quick enough to keep him in check but at same time they will probably do a good enough job against bills rbs to force it on his shoulders, so Ravens defensive strength is gonna force bills into doing what they should do from the jump but are most likely too dumb and stubborn to let Tyrod loose unless forced.

Unless both these secondaries made significant changes they both have lapses where they lets wrs get behind them. I wouldn't call either pass rush anything special at this point, flacco will have time, ya gotta believe it in his and his teams best interest to let it be known early and often they now have another burner they desperately missed last season. even if Ravens generate any pressure tyrod will escape and then life will get really miserable for their defense.

Far as side goes if I had to bet it id be inclined to take the points or plus money cause I think these teams pretty close, my one concern was mentioned by someone above and it the far superior coaching staff should have a unusually good understanding of what tyrod does and doesn't do well considering he was in Balty for so long..

I played over 44, think we will get a number of big plays and it should be close enough neither team has luxury of sitting on ball late.

CRM20
    Update your status
    CRM20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3160

I like the Titans, live home dog, +3 can't pass that up

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by CRM20 View Post
    I like the Titans, live home dog, +3 can't pass that up
    Such a tough one. I'm such a fan of Zimmer and his Vikings d I have a hard time thinking teddy b checking down was what was making minny legit sb contenders I believed them to be..

Ro0k

Murray and Henry can control the clock. Gotta figure mariota is more comfortable with a year under his belt. Ap can't run it 50 times, right? I don't know anything about him but is Shaun hill going to step in and light it up when he's only had a week of working with the 1's?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Ro0k View Post
    Murray and Henry can control the clock. Gotta figure mariota is more comfortable with a year under his belt. Ap can't run it 50 times, right? I don't know anything about him but is Shaun hill going to step in and light it up when he's only had a week of working with the 1's?
    why you think murry and henry will be able to have more success rushing against the better d than ap? hill a professional backup and was better than bradford when they were both in stl, he basically is a white journyman teddy b. i find myslef extremely reluctant to move the number any based off teddy out hill in seeing how minny is run game and defense anyway.

just playing devils advocate cause i think this gm impossible to pick with any confidence, no damn way would i bet it

Ro0k

Because mariota can throw and is also a threat to run himself. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it's a game of the year or anything, but the fact that it's titans home opener vs a guy who's been a career backup, I just like the spot enough to out 1u on it.

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

Mainly siding with the Titans because the public prefers the Vikings, much like last year they flopped but picked it up. Could still be 8-8 or better but the Titans I expect to improve a lot too. No better chance to win your home opener behind several improvements especially the O line. Like Mariota to be the difference maker as well.

I had no real opinion of Buffalo and Baltimore. That 44.5 looks a tad high but would rather not play it.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Black View Post
    Mainly siding with the Titans because the public prefers the Vikings, much like last year they flopped but picked it up. Could still be 8-8 or better but the Titans I expect to improve a lot too. No better chance to win your home opener behind several improvements especially the O line. Like Mariota to be the difference maker as well.

I had no real opinion of Buffalo and Baltimore. That 44.5 looks a tad high but would rather not play it.
    It doesn't matter much to me in my process but I'm having a hard time buying that most on minny when every thread in forum world is on titans. Gun to my head I think Viks defense is the difference but I thought this was probably the toughest game on card so hope I'm wrong cause I ain't betting it. Gl

There a reason I believe the bal/buf total looks high, there a lot of potential in this gm for fireworks

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

I like Buffalo +3. Rex Ryan is usually pretty good in openers when he has extra time to prepare. The Bills need a good start to the season with Brady on the bench. They get the Pats in Week 4, they better be at least 2-1 going to Foxboro. Ravens could have a bad year.

Joe'Dad
    Joe'Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I think Minnesota will win the game. I don't think losing Bridgewater will be a huge difference. They an offense built on the run. With one of the best defenses in the league; Titans will be doing the 3 and out in most of the time. Even with the additions for the Titans. I don't think they can control this game. Most of the public and these forums are pro Titans. Just remember what happened with Denver and Carolina. I think it will be 17-6 Vikings

Btw I hate the Vikings I'm a Dolphins fan

Seattle Slew

Bills suck. Bad play. They can't even get a first down. Terrible offense.

Ro0k

Yeah that was ridiculous and the titans couldn't get out of their own way. 3 turnovers in the 2nd half?! Really?!

Seattle Slew

Sad thing is Rex Ryan will walk away with millions from the dumb Bills owner, then bank more as a TV analyst. You gotta give it to him, he is the ultimate con man.