The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Saints Defensive coordinator, Gregg Williams, wants to Hurt Peyton Manning

Get er' done Mr Williams.

Motivation for the Colts.

Dumb in my opinion because the officials will be watching for these type tactics.

Williams, who's familiar with the Colts from his days with the AFC South rival Jacksonville Jaguars, told a Tennessee radio station Tuesday that the Saints would try to have some "remember-me shots" for quarterback Peyton Manning in next week's Super Bowl

When we do get to him, we are going to make sure to have a couple of remember-me shots on him when we get there."

Saints defensive coordinator's comments don't rile up Colts

jerseykingpin
    jerseykingpin's Avatar Become A Pro!

also under the heading I post yesterday Saints aren't running from their bad intentions for Manning

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

The more I look at the Saints schedule, esp towards the end of the season, they are not as impressive as I thought. (Rams and Skins, the last 3 reg season games, Arizona's defense, Minny outplayed them) But, in a one game situation, either team can win.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

The only time Gregg Williams and Peyton Manning met in the playoffs, the Titans beat Manning and the Colts 19-16. Manning had 227 yards with 0 TDs. The Colts were 6 point favorites. Williams has to have a bit of an ego edge, knowing he can beat Peyton.

KyleG44
    KyleG44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Not a bad plan but Manning is so quick on his decision making and release it really won;t matter.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The whole conversation was idotic to begin with. He also said that he does not care if his defense gets flagged for roughing the passer. What this moron did was give the green light to the refs to flag New Orleans for anything resembling a late hit, a shot to the knee, or a blow to the head. The Saints defense will get hit with two personal fouls at a minimum, and one will lead to a score. What Williams did was just plain stupid. Tell the refs ahead of time that you are going to depend on thug football to win the game.

tbird509
    tbird509's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3256

their will be sum penalties for roughing the passer on sunday

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Saints got away with murder vs. Kurt Warner and Brett Favre IMO.
    Am I the only one that thinks that?
    And now this... WTF?
    Are Saints annointed?
    Destined to win the whole thing?
    Katrina bullshit: City of New Orleans needed this win, blah, blah?

Busterflywheel
    Busterflywheel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by tbird509 View Post
    their will be sum penalties for roughing the passer on sunday
    I see this happening myself..

cecbo
    cecbo's Avatar Become A Pro!

It may be the Saints only chance at winning the title...by knocking Manning out of the game with as many cheap shots as possible! Do you think the league will allow their poster boy in Peyton to suffer a career-ending injury or are they gonna protect him? I say...the NFL will protect their investment and flags will be continually thrown. Also, this will fire up both the Colt's offensive and defensive lines. Get ready for some sacks and hard hits Brees!

cecbo

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

That was nothing but an attempt to throw the Colts off. The Saints will blitz Manning and they will also show blitz but than drop back in coverage. Williams is actually setting the Colts up. Trust me they will defend the Colts like they defended the Pats pass game.

ZBOIZ

Like I stated earlier I like our matchup against there recievers. Our secondary matches up well. Garçon will get shut down by Porter, and Greer the same guy who held TO with no catches in a game for the first time in 8 years will be on Wayne. Also Greer shut down Fitzgerald and Moss completely!

You people are really overlooking this saints starting secondary. Just because they had a bad game against the Vikings don't mean shit. The week before they held Arizona to only 14 and one of the touchdowns were a long run.

ZBOIZ

Also Greg Williams knows the Colts well from being in his division last year. So he was seing Manning twice a year!

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    That was nothing but an attempt to throw the Colts off. The Saints will blitz Manning and they will also show blitz but than drop back in coverage. Williams is actually setting the Colts up. Trust me they will defend the Colts like they defended the Pats pass game.
    going out on a limb huh? Sometimes they will blitze sometimes they wont. Good to know.

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    The whole conversation was idotic to begin with. He also said that he does not care if his defense gets flagged for roughing the passer. What this moron did was give the green light to the refs to flag New Orleans for anything resembling a late hit, a shot to the knee, or a blow to the head. The Saints defense will get hit with two personal fouls at a minimum, and one will lead to a score. What Williams did was just plain stupid. Tell the refs ahead of time that you are going to depend on thug football to win the game.
    One of the few times I've agreed with exactly what you said.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Greg Williams is just like Saints fans, dumb

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

2 can play that game. I don't look for colts to be as obvious about it like the saints are saying they are gonna be, Colts are classier than that, but Brees' ass is had!!!

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not a smart move to say this. I have a feeling the refs will be quick to throw a flag on any late hits now...

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Greg Williams is just like Saints fans, dumb
    It was a dumb thing to say, but he is a great coach. No denying that.

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2123

well that low son of a

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by cecbo View Post
    It may be the Saints only chance at winning the title...by knocking Manning out of the game with as many cheap shots as possible! Do you think the league will allow their poster boy in Peyton to suffer a career-ending injury or are they gonna protect him? I say...the NFL will protect their investment and flags will be continually thrown. Also, this will fire up both the Colt's offensive and defensive lines. Get ready for some sacks and hard hits Brees!

cecbo
    This is interesting. But I think I agree.

We saw the Colts with Curtis Painter at QB. Even if the Saints go down 28 points with 300 yards of penalties and even a couple ejections, if they manage to get Manning out of the game before the 4th quarter, they can win easily.

The question is, will they go for this kind of strategy. My opinion of Gregg Williams says "yes".

Zubi
    Zubi's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the teams that say things like that usually lose.

sooner13
    sooner13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 448

Wow a defense wants to hit a QB and make a statement by hitting him play after play so he'll remember them!? Why haven't teams thought of this before? Williams just stated the obvious...why is everyone acting like this doesn't go on every game? I say bring on the thug football!!! I'm tired of seeing this pussy NFL wanting to throw a flag when someone gets hit too hard or taps a helmet with their hand. It's getting stupid that you can't hit someone anymore.
    If you don't want your WR to get hit when he's left hanging out to dry, don't throw over his head.
    If you want to protect the QB from text book tackles and getting drove into the ground...block for him!
    I'm not saying diving at a players knees or helmet to helmet shots should be legal...but c'mon let's put the big hits and entertainment back into the game or just give the offense little yellow flags and we can let the cheerleaders play too!

brandon m
    brandon m's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    Saints got away with murder vs. Kurt Warner and Brett Favre IMO.
    Am I the only one that thinks that?
    And now this... WTF?
    Are Saints annointed?
    Destined to win the whole thing?
    Katrina bullshit: City of New Orleans needed this win, blah, blah?

Your not the only one to think that, I think anyone that isn't a saints fan thinks that. The saints play dirty. They got away with alot of BS against minny and arizona. But their dirty tactics won't play in the SB. There gonna get blasted with flags right away to put a stop to any dirty play and I hope it costs them a TD. Also Manning is a maniac in the film room he will be ready for there blitzes.