KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20370

NFL Fantasy Football Discussion

Lets talk fantasy football. Who do you guys like this year? Who don't you like? Drafting strategy? Sleepers? Undervalued? Overvalued?

So after doing some mocks, I've noticed a shift towards the WR this year. WR's are dominating the first few rounds, and people are reaching on WR's in the mid-rounds. Also, QB's are going later than I can ever remember. Not sure the last time a QB hasn't gone in the first 3 rounds. I will likely go against the trends and go RB heavy, as value should be on RB's this year. I'm also old-school in fantasy, so RB heavy is usually the route I go (my rule of thumb is 2 RB's in the first 3 rounds, that won't change this year). Has anyone tried taking 3 RB's in the first 3 rounds? I get tempted into that, but not sure my WR's are strong enough with two WR2's like Cobb and Maclin. I'll likely either be the first or last one to take a QB. If I can get Rodgers in the 4th, I'll be tempted.

Here are a few guys I like this year:

Aaron Rodgers - Rodgers has great value on his ADP due to his down year. I love drafting guys who had slumps the previous year, as ADP will be on my side. If Jordy stays healthy, he will easily be top 3 QB. Don't sleep on the addition of Jared Cook.

Tom Brady - I can't believe how low his ADP is. QB is deep as ever, so just draft a QB with a favorable schedule in the late rounds (Cousins has a really good early sched, I'm targeting him late in mocks).

Carson Palmer - Any Bruce Arians offense will air it out. He has a ton of weapons. Should easily be a top 10 fantasy QB.

Kirk Cousins - He's got a ton of weapons, and I kind of think their running game sucks, so Cousins should throw a lot.

Lamar Miller - I think Miller breaks out this year and has a chance to be the top RB in fantasy. He has zero competition for carries in the backfield. Bill O'Brien runs a ton (only Seahawks have ran the ball more than the Texans the past two years).

CJ Anderson - Like Aaron Rodgers, good ADP value due to CJ's disappointing season. Kubiak is going to feed him the ball a lot. Kubiak can also run his system now that Peyton is gone, no more shotgun. CJ emerged as the primary RB last year near the end of the schedule. Ronnie Hilllman likely won't make the team, and Booker is still a rookie. Denver won't be throwing a lot, I think CJ should get north of 20 touches a game. Denver's defense will help that running game a lot.

Latavius Murray - Workhorse back, I'm not buying the DeAndre Washington hype. Improved OLine and defense should help him.

Frank Gore - Somehow his ADP is 73. He quietly finished last year as the RB12, and that was on a horrible team that was without their starting QB for a lot of the season. If you think the Colts bounceback, then bet on Gore. I like Gore to get a ton of RZ touches this year. You can get him in the 6th-7th round and good chance he produced RB2 numbers. Colts haven't really added anyone to compete with Gore in the backfield (Turbin has always been a career backup). His ceiling may not be very high, but his floor should be about 80 yards from scrimmage with a TD every other game.

Allen Robinson - He doesn't have the name recognition, so he is going in the 2nd round. IMO I'd rather have him than Dez. Jags offense will be high-powered. Only worries are Ivory takes away some TD's and improved defense could lead to less shootouts.

Jordy Nelson & Randall Cobb - I'm betting on both guys to have big years. Pack go back to having a top 5 offense this year. Jordy's ADP is about right, but great value on Cobb, I've been taking him as my WR2 in a lot of mocks.

Keenan Allen & Travis Benjamin - A lot of targets to be absorbed with Stevie Johnson and Maclom Floyd gone. If SD's defense and run game is as bad as last year, Rivers will probably throw 600+ times again. Both have good value on their ADP's. Allen should be a target hog again this year.

TE is a pretty weak position, but if I don't get any of the top 5 guys, I think Fleener, Martellus Bennett and Jared Cook are worth their ADP. Fleener's ADP is a bit higher, but Brees' TE's always finish as top 10 TE's.

Guys I'm avoiding are Devonta Freeman. No way he replicates last year's historical run. Tevin Coleman will cut into his workload. Over the second half of the season, he was very average, which is kind of what I expect him to be this year. People will buy stock in Matt Forte because of name recognition and past results. A lot of mouths to feed in NY now, and he won't be the focal point of the offense. I think he finishes as a RB3 this year. Maybe I'm wrong as Gailey does well with pass catching backs, but they also have Powell who does the same stuff as Forte. No thanks on Doug Baldwin either, like Freeman, that historical run last year won't be replicated. Regression for Baldwin. I don't trust Doug Martin either, much rather have the RB's going around him (McCoy, Ingram), or the RB's going a round later (CJ Anderson, Rawls, Hyde).

Guys I'm still trying to figure out: Ryan Matthews, Carlos Hyde, Eddie Lacy, Matt Jones. All these guys i've been flip-flopping on. Maybe someone can give me their pros and cons on them and help persuade me one way or the other. I'm also curious to figure out the round 4-5 WR's, I'm just having trouble ranking them: Maclin, Tate, Cobb, Edelman, Baldwin, Landry, Decker, Moncrief.

Deep sleepers I like: Marvin Jones (I think he could outproduce Tate), Travis Benjamin, Torrey Smith (Chip's #1 WR's always produce), Kirk Cousins, Tyrod Taylor, Josh Gordon, Chris Ivory.
    Last edited by KRIT; 08-24-16 at 01:24 PM.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Rbs have the absolute worst variance by far. Projected top 12 rbs every year disappoint tremendously. Every yr same old busts at rb. Youd be lucky if 5 out of projected top 12 rbs finish in the top 12.

Nfl has become a passing league favoring wr. Fantasy is no different since it's the effect of the cause. Wr much safer. Top 5 wr will outperform top 5 rbs this year EASILY.

Old school fantasy is stupid fantasy if it can't conform to the current landscape. This isn't 1985 anymore but good luck wasting early picks on RBs that'll get injured or just suck. Likewise watch the other owners in ur league pickup backups or rbbc players late and outscore u in the rb dept.

shadymcgrady

BTW the shift that u "just" noticed this yr with mocks has been happening for the past 8 years. LOL. The gradual increase of WR taken in the 1st round in comparison to RB has been on the rise and this year should focus at least 6 to 8 in the top 10 picks overall.

What league do u play in and do u do well? If the answer is yes how much is the buy in? If that answer is over a certain number can I please join that league?

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

Shady knows! WRs are running the game, even rookies are going crazy, look at Stefon Diggs first year highlights
    Krit you basically listed everything.. I think the ADP are on point from what I seen I bet most people won't deviate from the rankings.

Personally I am wondering about RG3 and Derick Henry, no way Titans don't ease him in, he's as big as the oline!!

shadymcgrady

Krit "deep sleepers" are comical. Those guys are mid round picks. Who doesn't play in a keeper league of some sort these days?

If Derrick Henry were on a team like arizona or seattle he'd be a great candidate to finish with over 1000 yards as a mid to late round pick in the draft. But alas Tennessee isn't an established powerhouse that can run the clock out with a backup RB while holding a big lead. Still, he very well could produce this season as a RB2 if things break right.

Cle is polarizing, they could be very bad and very scary. Figure they gonna be slinging alot in 2nd halves against cover 2 defenses bc they suck. The question comes down to can u trust rg3? Can u trust his health? Those are 2 big what ifs. Otherwise they got talent at the skill or pass catching spots in every player at wr, te and even rb with duke johnson catching passes

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Who's taking a late round flyer on Mariota? I've gotten him 13-14th rounds in a lot of mocks. Titans upgraded O-line and I think they finally figured out he works best uptempo so I like the upside. Not saying it turns out the same way obv but it reminds me of Cam last season who I grabbed in the same late rounds in my 2 most important drafts and led me to 1st and 2nd.

I agree with above that loading up on receivers is key to making the playoffs also. 2 stud receivers and 2 WR2 in the first half of the draft can really load up points for tiebreaks come playoff time

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    BTW the shift that u "just" noticed this yr with mocks has been happening for the past 8 years. LOL. The gradual increase of WR taken in the 1st round in comparison to RB has been on the rise and this year should focus at least 6 to 8 in the top 10 picks overall.

What league do u play in and do u do well? If the answer is yes how much is the buy in? If that answer is over a certain number can I please join that league?
    8 Years? More like the last couple years. Just three years ago, 9 out of 10 players in the top 10 were RB's. I'm not saying taking WR early is wrong, i'm just saying not my style. So you're wrong by saying it's been like this for 8 years. Personally, the main thing that makes the variance so hit and miss with RB's is injury. I'm not going to draft on fear of injury unless it's a guy with a known track record for injuries (mike vick, ryan matthews).

2011: http://www03.myfantasyleague.com/2011/adp
    2011: 7 RB's, 1 WR

2012: http://www03.myfantasyleague.com/2012/adp
    2012: 6 RB's in top 10, 1 WR (a lot of QB's that year)

2013 1st rounders ADP: http://www.thehuddle.com/2013/draft_..._positions.php
    2013: 9 RB's in the top 10, only 1 WR

The trend towards WR heavy really just started last year. But it is even more so this year. And no i don't wanna play fantasy football with you.

Krit "deep sleepers" are comical. Those guys are mid round picks. Who doesn't play in a keeper league of some sort these days?
    Marvin Jones' ADP is 88, putting him as a 7th rounder.
    Travis Benjamin's ADP is 128, making him a 10th rounder
    Torrey Smith's ADP is 106, making him a 8th rounder
    Kirk Cousins and Tyrod Taylor's ADP are 109, making them a 9th rounder
    Josh Gordon's ADP is 98, making him an 8th rounder (he really isn't a sleeper, so you're right there, he's more of an adp value)
    Chris Ivory's ADP is 100, making him an 8th rounder

For me, anything after the 7th round is deep. Early rounds = 1-3, mid rounds = 4-7, 8 and on is deep for me. I'm not sure what you consider deep, but 8th is deep enough for me. Most these guys ADP are near 100 or higher. I'm not going to waste my time talking about guys picked in the last two rounds.

Rather than just bitching about my style of playing fantasy football why don't you actually bring some content to the discussion? You sure wrote a lot but didn't mention any players who you like/dislike. Not to mention most of what you said was incorrect. FYI, i'm done going back and forth because you seem like the type of person on sbr who just wants to pick fights. So this is my last reply to you unless you actually want to talk about fantasy football.
    Last edited by KRIT; 08-24-16 at 04:32 PM.

shadymcgrady

Can't blame a guy for trying to push buttons. Some of the funniest things are in the form of reactions. May have came off as abrasive but not an Internet tough guy.

If u read my earlier part correctly I've already given a few opinions. Namely backup rbs on strong teams that'll run alot in 2nd halves when they are up such as Christine Michael and andre Ellington/cj2k. As well as the high risk hitch reward that are the Browns who will be throwing alot and playing catch up in 2nd halves.

Marvin Jones is not a deep sleeper in fact he's not even a sleeper imo. He's already emerging as the go to wr and these preseason games are pissing me off bc it confirms my suspicion as well as raise attention. Stafford a nice sleeper to finish in the top 5 qb this year with cooter calling the plays.

Almost everyone I know plays in a keeper league of some sort so guys in rounds 1-3 aren't even available to draft. Even going by round is not universal since I'm in leagues that do auction drafting.

To be blunt everyone and their mother knows about offensive players. Sleepers are just a matter of personal preference. Not enough is done to discuss IDPS which imo separate the real leagues from the boring ones.

shadymcgrady

Brandin cooks and Mike evans are very trendy upside picks but their schedule for wrs is tough and no one rly talking about that.

Eli Manning has got a very favorable schedule as does Brees and Romo. Indy keeps losing critical players on defense where they didn't have much to begin with. This will force them into shoot outs and luck imo is able but that is always a risky scenario
    Last edited by shadymcgrady; 08-24-16 at 05:59 PM.

KRIT

Can't blame a guy for trying to push buttons. Some of the funniest things are in the form of reactions. May have came off as abrasive but not an Internet tough guy.

If u read my earlier part correctly I've already given a few opinions. Namely backup rbs on strong teams that'll run alot in 2nd halves when they are up such as Christine Michael and andre Ellington/cj2k. As well as the high risk hitch reward that are the Browns who will be throwing alot and playing catch up in 2nd halves.

Marvin Jones is not a deep sleeper in fact he's not even a sleeper imo. He's already emerging as the go to wr and these preseason games are pissing me off bc it confirms my suspicion as well as raise attention. Stafford a nice sleeper to finish in the top 5 qb this year with cooter calling the plays.

Almost everyone I know plays in a keeper league of some sort so guys in rounds 1-3 aren't even available to draft. Even going by round is not universal since I'm in leagues that do auction drafting.

To be blunt everyone and their mother knows about offensive players. Sleepers are just a matter of personal preference. Not enough is done to discuss IDPS which imo separate the real leagues from the boring ones.
    No hard feelings. I guess rather than calling them "deep sleepers" i should have just called them "late adp players i like." But you're right, no one is really sleeping on Marvin Jones, Josh Gordon or Kirk Cousins. They're just guys I'm targeting in the late rounds.

I've never done a keeper league. Always been curious about it, just never done it. I've never even played ppr before.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

Brandin cooks and Mike evans are very trendy upside picks but their schedule for wrs is tough and no one rly talking about that.

Eli Manning has got a very favorable schedule as does Brees and Romo. Indy keeps losing critical players on defense where they didn't have much to begin with. This will force them into shoot outs and luck imo is able but that is always a risky scenario
    bro you need to take your own advice. everyone knows about cooks and evans, shit throw in TY Hilton in the mix too. There is too many good WRs in the league which also makes the QB choices deep as well, already mentioned.

Philip Rivers is a solid sleeper, not mentioned.. I think had his best career last year personal stats wise, SD lost a lot of close games but Rivers is prime IDK hes usually not talked about

shadymcgrady

Well that explains ur affinity for running backs then. Non ppr format tends to put more value on running backs and qbs.

I like David johnson to finish as the top rb as popular and obvious as it is. I also like cj Anderson and latavius Murray to get the OPPORTUNITIES as you mentioned which should put them in the top 10 by default assuming health. Also like shady mccoy to start strong then would trade him away at peak value so that I wouldnt have to deal with his injury risk.

shadymcgrady

U like ty hilton? I prefer moncreif but I think both will have over 1000 yards this year. I think a luck, moncreif and hilton stack wouldn't be a bad idea if u wanted to go with rb early on. I'm assuming u guys aren't in keeper leagues?

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

U like ty hilton? I prefer moncreif but I think both will have over 1000 yards this year. I think a luck, moncreif and hilton stack wouldn't be a bad idea if u wanted to go with rb early on. I'm assuming u guys aren't in keeper leagues?
    Never played a keeper league. New draft every year. TY is FAST, I had him and Mike Evans last year and they both did very good numbers

KRIT

Of the WR's going in the 2nd round, I think I like Evans the most. I expect Jameis to elevate his game in his second year. Mike Evans is a target hog, I think last year he was getting upwards of 25% of the entire teams targets. ADP wise, i'm not very high on Watkins, Cooper, and Jeffery. I'd much rather wait a round or two and take TY, Cooks or Keenan Allen over those guys. I like Cooks for the sole fact that the Saints defense sucks so there should be plenty of throwing in New Orleans. I am a bit worried about them bringing in Michael Thomas and Fleener. But based on ADP, I'd much rather get Cooks a round later than take the above mentioned names. Keenan Allen is another guy I like that you can get in the mid to late 3rd round.

shadymcgrady

Evans actually underwhelmed by consensus projections. Ty hilton surpassed expectations bc luck went down and was wildly inconsistent and yet just cracked 1000 yards in an inconsistent manner.

In standard non keeper leagues I like the wr theory and no not necessarily wide receiver theory but rather wealth of reception theory. Pass catching backs like Charles or David johnson this yr. Still would prefer wide receiver in back to back rounds though. I like ODB to be the top dog this year but wouldn't mind an aj green or even a resurgence from Dez Bryant this year in the middle to back half of first rounds

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

If you like PPR backs then Danny Woodhead. Had him last year as well one of my last picks and was one of my best picks. Chargers are easing back in Melvin Gordon but DW should still get some touches.

Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12940

who here plays Daily Fantasy? I've been playing for the last 2 seasons and im completely hooked; i dont care much at all about my season long leagues anymore -- my draft is next Thursday and im just finishing up my review of each team; was all set to get Dez at a nice value this year, but now not so sure -- depending on how far he falls he might still be a decent pick.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Karate View Post
    who here plays Daily Fantasy? I've been playing for the last 2 seasons and im completely hooked; i dont care much at all about my season long leagues anymore -- my draft is next Thursday and im just finishing up my review of each team; was all set to get Dez at a nice value this year, but now not so sure -- depending on how far he falls he might still be a decent pick.
    I think Dez value was low because it was priced it at some point Romo would get hurt. I mean honestly it's not shocking he's hurt already he got laid out on his first game back against the Panthers on Thanksgiving day. His value will surely slide lower but I'm all about daily fantasy this year. I suggest you look into more than 1 daily fantasy service because of how players are priced.

Mxs1332
    Mxs1332's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6872

I might take some hits for saying this but I'm not moving Dez down more than a few positions from the draft board. I'm sticking with my instincts.

Dallas Rookie QB Dak PreScott continues to impress despite some flaws. Scouts at the combine who have interviewed him said that he is a great kid and has shown some good development in terms of comfort level playing under center. He has the physical tools and supporting cast to have success in the NFL. Dare I say, top-20 QB potential even as a rookie..?

That being said Dallas will ball-control as much as possible, and while there will continue to be scary off-field issues with Elliot, he looked great in his pro debut against a stout SEA defensive front.

Let's face it. Dallas is the place to be right now for both Rookie QB/RB's behind the NFL's toughest offensive line. In addition Dez doesn't have much of any receiving competition other than safety net Jason Witten.

Overall sentiment would obviously be a lot better if Romo was out there and healthy, but i'm hanging in there with Zeke and Dez.
    Last edited by Mxs1332; 08-28-16 at 11:20 AM.

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Karate View Post
    I'm stuck in Washington, where it has never been legal. You are in one of the last remaining states. Sad, but enjoy it while it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mxs1332 View Post
    I might take some hits for saying this but I'm not moving Dez down more than a few positions from the draft board. I'm sticking with my instincts.

Dallas Rookie QB Dak PreScott continues to impress despite some flaws. Scouts at the combine who have interviewed him said that he is a great kid and has shown some good development in terms of comfort level playing under center. He has the physical tools and supporting cast to have success in the NFL. Dare I say, top-20 QB potential even as a rookie..?

That being said Dallas will ball-control as much as possible, and while there will continue to be scary off-field issues with Elliot, he looked great in his pro debut against a stout SEA defensive front.

Let's face it. Dallas is the place to be right now for both Rookie QB/RB's behind the NFL's toughest offensive line. In addition Dez doesn't have much of any receiving competition other than safety net Jason Witten.

Overall sentiment would obviously be a lot better if Romo was out there and healthy, but i'm hanging in there with Zeke and Dez.
    I had Dez as a early 2nd round pick with Romo, I'd probaby take him if he falls to the mid-late 2nd round. I've never been a huge Dez fan in fantasy, but he will have value depending where he falls. I'm still not sold on Dak, lets see what he can do in an actual game first.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Sleepers that were not mentioned: Kelvin Benjamin, Jordan Reed, Eric Decker, Allen Hurns and Raiders runningback DeAndre Washington.

shadymcgrady

Deep sleepers at wr that can be had late in drafts.

For ypc or yards per reception bonuses meaning deep threats Kenny stills is worth a look considering devante parker seems to be a dumba$$.

Ppr leagues ben hogan is a name worth watching as the season wears on especially if Edelman struggles to get going.

Backup running backs that could do well if starter goes down include rob Kelley or R.Kelley think of the team names u could do with that! Even if Matt Jones is healthy I think he's a combination of moron and bum

Droughns on san Francisco can't recall his first name but Carlos Hyde has never played a full season dating back to college and chip Kelly runs alot of plays throughout a game. The volume will be there

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

SCHEDULE
    RANK
    TRENDS
    FANTASY POINTS
    EDIT POS PLAYERS OPP GAME TIME BYE POSRNK OVP OWN START PER. 1 AVG PROJ
    PLAYERS
    SCHEDULE
    RANK
    TRENDS
    FANTASY POINTS
    EDIT POS PLAYERS OPP GAME TIME BYE POSRNK OVP OWN START PER. 1 AVG PROJ
    QB Aaron Rodgers QB | GB @JAC Sun 1:00pm 4 1 30 100% 97% 0.00 0.00 39.20
    RB Le'Veon Bell RB | PIT @WAS Mon 7:10pm 8 8 20 94% 31% 0.00 0.00 0.00
    RB Charles Sims RB | TB @ATL Sun 1:00pm 6 36 26 85% 14% 0.00 0.00 21.00
    WR Dez Bryant WR | DAL NYG Sun 4:25pm 7 6 28 99% 92% 0.00 0.00 30.20
    WR Randall Cobb WR | GB @JAC Sun 1:00pm 4 19 17 99% 88% 0.00 0.00 23.20
    TE Zach Ertz TE | PHI CLE Sun 1:00pm 4 8 3 85% 59% 0.00 0.00 24.20
    RB-WR-TE Michael Floyd WR | ARI NE Sun 8:30pm 9 20 30 97% 62% 0.00 0.00 21.40
    DST Bills DST | BUF @BAL Sun 1:00pm 10 12 22 44% 21% 0.00 0.00 10.26
    K Graham Gano K | CAR @DEN Thu 8:30pm 7 8 8 97% 91% 0.00 0.00 6.90
    RESERVES
    RB Tevin Coleman RB | ATL TB Sun 1:00pm 11 46 17 60% 2% 0.00 0.00 7.60
    RB C.J. Spiller RB | NO OAK Sun 1:00pm 5 --- 18 18% 1% 0.00 0.00 7.60
    RB James Starks RB | GB @JAC Sun 1:00pm 4 55 22 64% 4% 0.00 0.00 11.00
    RB James White RB | NE @ARI Sun 8:30pm 9 37 10 72% 11% 0.00 0.00 16.80
    RB-WR-TE Phillip Dorsett WR | IND DET Sun 4:25pm 10 45 19 48% 3% 0.00 0.00 17.30
    RB-WR-TE DeSean Jackson WR | WAS PIT Mon 7:10pm 9 34 32 93% 32% 0.00 0.00 17.10

Yardage heavy league - Rec backs hold a lot of value

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

[QUOTE=KRIT;26172248]Lets talk fantasy football. Who do you guys like this year? Who don't you like? Drafting strategy? Sleepers? Undervalued? Overvalued?

So after doing some mocks, I've noticed a shift towards the WR this year. WR's are dominating the first few rounds, and people are reaching on WR's in the mid-rounds. Also, QB's are going later than I can ever remember. Not sure the last time a QB hasn't gone in the first 3 rounds. I will likely go against the trends and go RB heavy, as value should be on RB's this year. I'm also old-school in fantasy, so RB heavy is usually the route I go (my rule of thumb is 2 RB's in the first 3 rounds, that won't change this year). Has anyone tried taking 3 RB's in the first 3 rounds? I get tempted into that, but not sure my WR's are strong enough with two WR2's like Cobb and Maclin. I'll likely either be the first or last one to take a QB. If I can get Rodgers in the 4th, I'll be tempted.

WR's went top 3 and 6 of 12 in round 1. I never like to have a set plan, rather react and jump on value. My comments are based on my leagues scoring which is very yardage heavy; receiving backs are very important and TD's are not as vital as standard leagues.

Here are a few guys I like this year:

Aaron Rodgers - Rodgers has great value on his ADP due to his down year. I love drafting guys who had slumps the previous year, as ADP will be on my side. If Jordy stays healthy, he will easily be top 3 QB. Don't sleep on the addition of Jared Cook.

-as you can see, im super high on rodgers and made him the 1st qb off the board in round 4. i typically always wait till round 6-8 for a qb, but with the lack of quality RB's/TE's, i couldnt pass on all those points i know i'll get with a healthy rodgers and his main weapon back. they will be the top scoring offense in a nascar type pace every game. i stacked him with cobb who wasnt healthy last year and doesnt have to deal with double teams now

Tom Brady - I can't believe how low his ADP is. QB is deep as ever, so just draft a QB with a favorable schedule in the late rounds (Cousins has a really good early sched, I'm targeting him late in mocks).

he was my next choice if i didnt take rodgers

Carson Palmer - Any Bruce Arians offense will air it out. He has a ton of weapons. Should easily be a top 10 fantasy QB.

like him but not enough to go after aggressively

Kirk Cousins - He's got a ton of weapons, and I kind of think their running game sucks, so Cousins should throw a lot.

a guy i would use as a streamer if you really punt QB; take a guy like him and bortles in b2b rounds.

Lamar Miller - I think Miller breaks out this year and has a chance to be the top RB in fantasy. He has zero competition for carries in the backfield. Bill O'Brien runs a ton (only Seahawks have ran the ball more than the Texans the past two years).

i may have taken him over bell at 11, but my decison was easy after he went 6; 2000 AP yards and 12 TD's

CJ Anderson - Like Aaron Rodgers, good ADP value due to CJ's disappointing season. Kubiak is going to feed him the ball a lot. Kubiak can also run his system now that Peyton is gone, no more shotgun. CJ emerged as the primary RB last year near the end of the schedule. Ronnie Hilllman likely won't make the team, and Booker is still a rookie. Denver won't be throwing a lot, I think CJ should get north of 20 touches a game. Denver's defense will help that running game a lot.

love guys off bad years who had hype prior year and not as much; preseason indicates hes the guy; great pick as an RB1 to pair with a hopkins, beckham etc; he can catch the ball as well. 300 rec yards in 14

Latavius Murray - Workhorse back, I'm not buying the DeAndre Washington hype. Improved OLine and defense should help him.

not as high on him as i though; should have around 1200 AP yards with 8 TD's. dont think he blows up

Frank Gore - Somehow his ADP is 73. He quietly finished last year as the RB12, and that was on a horrible team that was without their starting QB for a lot of the season. If you think the Colts bounceback, then bet on Gore. I like Gore to get a ton of RZ touches this year. You can get him in the 6th-7th round and good chance he produced RB2 numbers. Colts haven't really added anyone to compete with Gore in the backfield (Turbin has always been a career backup). His ceiling may not be very high, but his floor should be about 80 yards from scrimmage with a TD every other game.

i cant touch a RB at his age with a bad O-Line....i know they cant block for Luck, but maybe they create holes better? not sure but prob not likely.

Allen Robinson - He doesn't have the name recognition, so he is going in the 2nd round. IMO I'd rather have him than Dez. Jags offense will be high-powered. Only worries are Ivory takes away some TD's and improved defense could lead to less shootouts.

a lot of garbage time yards last year; i would only take him in rd 3-4

Jordy Nelson & Randall Cobb - I'm betting on both guys to have big years. Pack go back to having a top 5 offense this year. Jordy's ADP is about right, but great value on Cobb, I've been taking him as my WR2 in a lot of mocks.

cobb>jordy; jordy is not going to produce all that much to start the year imo; i dont like taking him end of rd 1 which is where he went in my draft. i see him going for around 1100/8.....cobb 1300/10

Keenan Allen & Travis Benjamin - A lot of targets to be absorbed with Stevie Johnson and Maclom Floyd gone. If SD's defense and run game is as bad as last year, Rivers will probably throw 600+ times again. Both have good value on their ADP's. Allen should be a target hog again this year.

whisenhunt good for this offense; wasnt really targeting either guy

TE is a pretty weak position, but if I don't get any of the top 5 guys, I think Fleener, Martellus Bennett and Jared Cook are worth their ADP. Fleener's ADP is a bit higher, but Brees' TE's always finish as top 10 TE's.

wanted fleener in that offense, but took ertz in rd 7. i honestly didnt want gronk or reed. sick finish to 2015 for ertz; will be top 5

Guys I'm avoiding are Devonta Freeman. No way he replicates last year's historical run. Tevin Coleman will cut into his workload. Over the second half of the season, he was very average, which is kind of what I expect him to be this year. People will buy stock in Matt Forte because of name recognition and past results. A lot of mouths to feed in NY now, and he won't be the focal point of the offense. I think he finishes as a RB3 this year. Maybe I'm wrong as Gailey does well with pass catching backs, but they also have Powell who does the same stuff as Forte. No thanks on Doug Baldwin either, like Freeman, that historical run last year won't be replicated. Regression for Baldwin. I don't trust Doug Martin either, much rather have the RB's going around him (McCoy, Ingram), or the RB's going a round later (CJ Anderson, Rawls, Hyde).

very high on coleman; hes a true homerun hitter and freeman was really flat after a hot start -- is a good receiver but i did not want him at all. no way forte out of that offense designed for him in chi - he will get around 300 rec yards at best and play 12 games. sell in the hamster who is injury prone but wasnt when playing for a contract (shocker); simms is legit avg'ing 4.9 ypc and is the best rec back in the league - will push for martins job when he does down - which is inevitable off a big contract; hate baldwin as well

Guys I'm still trying to figure out: Ryan Matthews, Carlos Hyde, Eddie Lacy, Matt Jones. All these guys i've been flip-flopping on. Maybe someone can give me their pros and cons on them and help persuade me one way or the other. I'm also curious to figure out the round 4-5 WR's, I'm just having trouble ranking them: Maclin, Tate, Cobb, Edelman, Baldwin, Landry, Decker, Moncrief.

love lacy as a bounce back and would have taken hyde if he dropped enough as an RB2 in that offense; jones also not sure of and mathews is an injury prone pass

Deep sleepers I like: Marvin Jones (I think he could outproduce Tate), Travis Benjamin, Torrey Smith (Chip's #1 WR's always produce), Kirk Cousins, Tyrod Taylor, Josh Gordon, Chris Ivory.[
    cj spiller was my 15th round pick - this is FINALLY the year! ha
    /QUOTE]
    Points Awarded:

Mxs1332 gave Tommy Karate 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KRIT

Nice team Tk. I like it. Your entire team is solid, your kind of thin at RB, but if your league emphasizes pass catching backs, then Sims will be solid. You weren't able to scoop up DeAngelo Williams? I want to take Bell, but hate the idea of using a 2nd and a 7th-8th rounder. If I get Bell, I almost need to have Williams.

Love that you stacked Rodgers and Cobb. Cobb is in for a big year, same with A-Rod. I'm basically banking on that entire GB offense to get back to their old ways.

I'm really warming up to Floyd. Might target him as my WR2. With Fitz injured and Jon Brown having concussion problems, he looks like the lone healthy WR in that offense.

James White is a steal based on his ADP.

Mxs1332
    Mxs1332's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6872

Spencer Ware looks like a great pick up for the moment with a cloud of uncertainty roaming over Jamal Charles' head.

Vibes are still positive and bode well for Devonta Freeman with the ongoing Freeman/Tevin Coleman saga. Freeman's production did tail off in 2015 and backup Coleman should push him for carries yet Freeman remains the starter behind solid O-line and his 73 receptions were 1st among primary RB's.

Freeman has had a strong training camp and preseason to maintain his status as their clear-cut starter, but with Coleman healthy, the Falcons remain intent to get him involved in a big role as a big-play runner and receiver. In the critical third preseason game, they split their first-half snaps evenly, but the touches were 58-42 in Freeman’s advantage. Early-down and red zone are firmly Freeman’s domain, but Coleman is set to cut heavily into Freeman’s work in the passing game.

I think Coleman's presence ultimately keeps Freeman fresh down the stretch and primed to sustain MEGA FF points week to week.
    Last edited by Mxs1332; 09-02-16 at 05:35 PM.

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Nice team Tk. I like it. Your entire team is solid, your kind of thin at RB, but if your league emphasizes pass catching backs, then Sims will be solid. You weren't able to scoop up DeAngelo Williams? I want to take Bell, but hate the idea of using a 2nd and a 7th-8th rounder. If I get Bell, I almost need to have Williams.

Love that you stacked Rodgers and Cobb. Cobb is in for a big year, same with A-Rod. I'm basically banking on that entire GB offense to get back to their old ways.

I'm really warming up to Floyd. Might target him as my WR2. With Fitz injured and Jon Brown having concussion problems, he looks like the lone healthy WR in that offense.

James White is a steal based on his ADP.
    i was at a point where i was flipping a coin with him and james white (who i love in my type of league - even traditional PPR) - i had to wait 23 spots till my next pick and figured williams had a better chance to last. its all good - if i can go 1-2 first 3 games i'll take it.