mikeak
    mikeak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1339

Am I the only one not betting SB50

I love gambling but I always place my money where I think I have an edge to win. Not when I have a feeling but I believe the line is bad.

So these teams don't play enough common opponents to tell who is better. They have two weeks off, they didn't face eachother this season. Carolina up the middle is way better than NE and will protect Cam but Seattle got pressure in second half and he missed quite a few throws then.

So I don't like it. Maybe will place a small wager for fun but curious to hear from those of you that bet multiple sports - don't you think there is better value in the NBA every single day?....

jpot34
    jpot34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 373

Quote Originally Posted by mikeak View Post
    I love gambling but I always place my money where I think I have an edge to win. Not when I have a feeling but I believe the line is bad.

So these teams don't play enough common opponents to tell who is better. They have two weeks off, they didn't face eachother this season. Carolina up the middle is way better than NE and will protect Cam but Seattle got pressure in second half and he missed quite a few throws then.

So I don't like it. Maybe will place a small wager for fun but curious to hear from those of you that bet multiple sports - don't you think there is better value in the NBA every single day?....

Yep, you're the only one. Good value in the SB tomorrow.

mikeak
    mikeak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1339

Interesting. Supposedly 80% of the money was at Carolina early and now late money on Denver making it a 55% of the money on Carolina. In other words big money on Denver late.

So money split down the middle yet big value?

Not saying prop bets don't have value but spread and O/U? Don't see it

jpot34
    jpot34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 373

Quote Originally Posted by mikeak View Post
    Interesting. Supposedly 80% of the money was at Carolina early and now late money on Denver making it a 55% of the money on Carolina. In other words big money on Denver late.

So money split down the middle yet big value?

Not saying prop bets don't have value but spread and O/U? Don't see it

Most likely $ on Car. sprd, and Den. ml. There is value in Denver +5.5. That's my feel, and I'm sticking to it.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

I stopped reading at "these teams don't play enough common opponents". You've definitely made the correct decision by not betting this game.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24944

^^^ Exactly. The common opponents prerequisite for betting a game is ridiculous. Given that criteria, one must not even start betting NFL until about midway through the regular season, once there are enough common opponents available to handicap a game.