BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Pitt Loses Big Ben

They will not admit this until 3 seconds before the game starts, but there is no way Big Ben is going to play for Pitt, if he has a sprained AC joint and torn ligaments in his throwing shoulder. That is the end of the Steelers season. What is hard to believe is that some shops in Veqas still have Denver at -6 1/2 for the game, and the total at 39 1/2.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 174

how do u figure

if he was able to comeback in the bengals gm he should plaay next week

johnnyvegas13

and that backupwas pretty bad

i even thought it mighta been charlie batch for a sencond !!!!!!!

MRG0112
    MRG0112's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    They will not admit this until 3 seconds before the game starts, but there is no way Big Ben is going to play for Pitt, if he has a sprained AC joint and torn ligaments in his throwing shoulder. That is the end of the Steelers season. What is hard to believe is that some shops in Veqas still have Denver at -6 1/2 for the game, and the total at 39 1/2.
    Agreed.

johnnyvegas13

ok if he tore his shoulder how did he return to bengal gm???

big ben also one of toughest in nfl

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

I've got money on the Broncos. I don't know which I prefer, Ben playing or Ben being out. If he tries to man up and play through a separated shoulder, I think I like that better than a healthy backup. Steelers are done.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Cobb was out for 3-4 weeks with an ac joint issue. I don't see how Ben will be able to play with any effectiveness this week.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

yeah I believe I'm punching Denver hard at -6, waiting to see if I can better price

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    yeah I believe I'm punching Denver hard at -6, waiting to see if I can better price
    I doubt you will. Plus even if you do, it's not gonna drop to four and nothing in between four and six is worth risking seven for. I think QH is right on here, and this line will close at seven or higher.

JayDr3am
    Handi

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    I doubt you will. Plus even if you do, it's not gonna drop to four and nothing in between four and six is worth risking seven for. I think QH is right on here, and this line will close at seven or higher.
    -6 is at -123 right now.. ima see how it fluctuates if it starts to get worse ima pick it up where its at.

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    -6 is at -123 right now.. ima see how it fluctuates if it starts to get worse ima pick it up where its at.
    Whoa. I got it at -105 this morning at heritage. It's up to seven there now.

JayDr3am
    Handi

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    Whoa. I got it at -105 this morning at heritage. It's up to seven there now.
    I don't like laying 6.5.. but the price for that -115. I'm watchin for the movement.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

For you Pitt fans, Ben cannot move his arm forward. He cannot throw the ball longer than 20 yards. Pitt was not a very good offensive team going in. Now, without a QB and a RB, they are toast.

70CoupeDeVille
    70CoupeDeVille's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 672

It's a matter of severity with this injury, how severely those ligaments connecting the shoulder structure to the clavicle (collarbone) are torn and how much separation there is. He could play if the tearing and separation aren't severe, and if so he'd get a numbing injection to that area and the shoulder would be wrapped to restrict further separation.

The issue, of course, is how badly his throwing velocity and accuracy are compromised. Yesterday he said he hasn't tried to throw yet. If he's able to throw harder than just the lobs he tossed on that final drive, the Steelers will then have to try to determine which is better, a Roethlisberger at X% effectiveness or backup QB Landry Jones? What is "X"?
    Last edited by 70CoupeDeVille; 01-13-16 at 08:34 AM.

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

For you Pitt fans, Ben cannot move his arm forward. He cannot throw the ball longer than 20 yards. Pitt was not a very good offensive team going in.
    #3 in offense DVOA. #3 in yards/game. #4 in points/game. What do you call a good offense?

70CoupeDeVille
    70CoupeDeVille's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 672

Quote Originally Posted by jizay View Post
    #3 in offense DVOA. #3 in yards/game. #4 in points/game. What do you call a good offense?
    Yes. A fearsome O for the latter part of the season. Fearsome. Roethliberger gunslinging it. Must've been the #1 offense past midpoint. I read an amazing stat earlier this morning -- Antonio Brown targeted 193 times, 136 catches. How many drops? TWO.

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

Quote Originally Posted by 70CoupeDeVille View Post
    It's a matter of severity with this injury, how severely those ligaments connecting the shoulder structure to the clavicle (collarbone) are torn and how much separation there is. He could play if the tearing and separation aren't severe, and if so he'd get a numbing injection to that area and the shoulder would be wrapped to restrict further separation.

The issue, of course, is how badly his throwing velocity and accuracy are compromised. Yesterday he said he hasn't tried to throw yet. If he's able to throw harder than just the lobs he tossed on that final drive, the Steelers will then have to try to determine which is better, a Roethlisberger at X% effectiveness or backup QB Landry Jones? What is "X"?
    Ben throwing with his non football arm is a better option than fukkin landry jones

16kredit
    16kredit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4644

If he does play, thats not a guarantee that he plays TILL the end of the game. He may get sacked 2 times and go to the bench