arrgy
    arrgy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1904

Week 17

My write up:

Jets v. Bills (+3) Why would anyone really put money on this game? It could go either way, it could go no way. Too many angles. Jets have been good against bad teams (yes New England was bad they lost to the Eagles remember?) Rex could want revenge, I even heard that Rex has some sympathy for Jets players that he left behind and want to see how his former players would do in the playoffs (which is insane). The weather is going to be cold and crappy, and the fantasy players know Fitz doesn't do well in the cold. It could go over, defense could take over and could go under. Unless you have a real strong feeling, I wouldn't touch it. Don't play this just for the sake of having action.

Tampa v. Carolina (-10) On paper, Carolina should win by more than 10, but who knows. Carolina starts strong and in some games (like the Giants) they allow teams back in it. Then again they are at home and do well at home. They do have an impressive streak the first half however. In the last three games Carolina has scored an average 19 points the first half...Tampa has scored 7. Better bet..First Half Carolina (-6.5 buy the hook) As a secondary bet, take the Over on 23.5 as well.

NE v. Miami (-10) Basically, the same as Tampa/Carolina applies here. Love NE to win on the ML, but maybe not to cover. First half however is the same as Carolina. New England has averaged 15 points and Miami has averaged 8. First Half New England -6.5 As a secondary bet, take the Over on 23.5 as well.

Baltimore v. Cinncy (-9.5) Forget Baltimore's last game, I am not sold on the Steelers. Cinncy is playing for a first round bye to get Andy back, they won't want to blow that. The game is 1:00 at home. Love it, this will be the one blow out of the week. Take Cinncy.

New Orleans v. Atlanta (-6) Game started at -2.5 Wow, this is crazy, lots of injuries for the Saints. Atlanta is a real slow starter lately. Averaging 8 points the first half where NO is averaging 15. Love this. Take New Orleans First Half +3, if you don't want to kiss your sister buy the hook for 3.5.

Jax v. Houston (-6.5) Houston has a lot to play for, Jax has improved and have beaten on some bad teams. However, Houston's defense will win this game for them, but not allow them to cover. Houston has only given up 19 points per game at home, while Jax has scored 25 on average on the road. This is too close to call either way. If you must bet it take Houston on the ML.

Pitt v. Cleveland (+11)
    I don't like Pitt this year, they are to up and down. However, Big Ben owns Cleveland SU and has the second best record against that team than any other QB has against another single team in HISTORY. You have a Browns coach who is gone, a Browns QB spending the weekend in Vegas. If Pitt is winning by the 3rd/4th quarter I can see Ben being pulled if the Jets are losing big. Too risky for the line, it could go either way. However Pitt will win it. Take Pitt ML (-500)

Oakland v. K City (-7)
    Too much chalk to lay on K City. You have a crazy AFC West road team winning streak going on this year, K City which has played liked crap the last couple of weeks and almost allowed the Browns to sneak out a win. But again, the first half is different. KC has averaged 17 points the first half and lately Oakland has averaged 7. If last week was any clue, take KC First Half -4

Wash v. Dallas (-3.5)
    I will make this short and sweet. Don't touch this game.

Detroit v. Chi (+1) This game actually opened in Chicago's favor. A couple of things to note: Chicago has been bad at home lately, and Detroit has beaten Chicago for six straight games. We have another first half game as well here. Detroit recently has been averaging 14 points by halftime and Chicago has been averaging 9. All signs point towards Detroit. Take Detroit (-1) and First Half Detroit (PK)

Philly v. NYG (-3) Does Philly want to play for their jobs, even though the owner came out and basically said the players were not the problem? Does Philly come out and play for an interim coach who has come out and said he does NOT want to coach? Are the Giants that much better with OB back in the WR spot who will want to show off and act like an angel? Both defenses are bad, both offenses are inconsistent, they both have 6 wins, and both have 3 wins on the road and at home. Everyone knows the Giants are the better team, but do Giants players want to keep Tom as a coach, his only shot to keep his job might be this game. Edge to the Giants, slight edge. If you must play, take the Giants, this could be a field goal game so you might just kiss your sister if you lay 3.

Minn v. GB (-3) GB owned Minn the first game, and my gut says they will continue to do so. Forget the nonsense of tanking the game because of Seattle, who ever wins the playoffs would eventually have to play them anyway, and teams don't think of who they want to play in the first round, you would want home field, that is what matters. I would only play this game if you absolutely must, a lot of people are talking the under on the total of this game which sits around 45. I want to inform people lately both teams have averaged 55 points per game, over the year it has been around 44 a game. The total for the year is right, but lately (last few games) would suggest the over.

SD v. Denver (-9) How this line jumped from 7 to 9 is beyond me, except maybe a lot of public money. Denver shot their wad on Monday night, they have a short week to work with. SD stinks but Rivers is still good enough to cover. Denver has been known as a defensive team this year. Both teams are close in scoring, and you have the AFC road jinx at work. Too many things at play here, my gut says Denver will win and take the second seed but San Diego can easily cover and I can see an upset. The first half total is only 20.5 and recently both teams have averaged 27 points by first half. My pick First Half Over 20.5.

Rams v. Niners (+3)
    My upset of the week. Everyone loves the Rams because they beat the Hawks, the Rams usually do. According to reports, the Rams did not travel home after the game in Seattle, most Rams players stayed in San Fran took in some Warriors games, etc. Not real motivation to get up for a meaningless game, they may not have a city to come home to after the floods and potental move to LA. The niners have played many close games and have been decent defensively at home. If you are going to take the Niners you have to decide if the three points is worth it or not. I personally like Niners ML +160 or above.

Seattle v. Ariz (-6)
    This line doesn't jump three points when no one is hurt for nothing. Many people have the wrong read on this game. Seattle, is the one who has nothing to play for, not Arizona. Zona can still get first seed, yes they already have a bye, however, Bruce is not going to allow his players to sit out for two FULL games. He has already stated he wants to win and is going to play everyone. Cards O-Line will have extra incentive to keep Carson protected and healthy. What makes people think that Zona can't beat Seattle anyway? Zona by half time is averaging 16 points only behind Carolina and Seattle has averaged 11. Take First Half Zona (-3 buy the hook), Zona Full Game (-6) 46 is way too low a number Over 46 Total.

Parlays: First Half: Carolina, Zona, New England, KC, NO
    Full Game: Zona, Niners, Detroit

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Thanks for the write ups. I like your 1st half angles as teams rest players the 2nd half today.